People Have Been Calling and Writing

Holliday

Banned
Banned
asking what I've been doing since my alleged retirement from posting.

.well..
besides gloating and feeling generally relieved (sort of)
about the dismissal of FAKE dictator Trump...
..I been buying stuff
including one of these little beauties

(this is a very good disassembly vid - the guy gives very good instruction)

also several other vintage and new reels including
.. A Shimano Bantam 251x SG - the finest reel ever made.
(I got 7 of these including the two I bought 30+ years ago - still fishing them regularly)

.One Abu Garcia Royal Express (probably II)
I've been using the same RE1 as my main spinnerbait reel since about 1992.
.this one will be a backup.
...and the only mod reel
an Ardent Elite which I got at about 45% off the current 180$ price.
..I have two of these - the only modern casting reel I can recommend.

Pics or it never happened, you say?

Shimano-Bantam-251-SG-Mag-Plus-bait-casting.jpg
s-l300.jpg
apex-elite-bait-casting-reel.jpg
Now - back to my reading and darts.

Sharona

white wine divorcee
U can buy ur fish from a store now u know.
Feminism and the Disposable Male -- men r dead last every time.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
U can buy ur fish from a store now u know.
Feminism and the Disposable Male -- men r dead last every time.
Are you reading impaired?
.I have politely asked you to stay off my posts and threads.
Surely you understand that I do not care for your posts or attention.

.Please go away.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
I got to save up for one of these hyperbaric chambers.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The ageing process has been biologically reversed for the first time by giving humans oxygen therapy in a pressurised chamber.

Scientists in Israel showed they could turn back the clock in two key areas of the body believed to be responsible for the frailty and ill-health that comes with growing older.

As people age, the protective caps at the ends of chromosomes – called telomeres – shorten, causing DNA to become damaged and cells to stop replicating. At the same time, "zombie" senescent cells build up in the body, preventing regeneration.

Increasing telemere length and getting rid of senescent cells is the focus of many anti-ageing studies, and
to target those areas.

Now scientists at Tel Aviv University have shown that giving pure oxygen to older people while in a hyperbaric chamber increased the length of their telomeres by 20 per cent, a feat that has never been achieved before.

Scientists said the growth may mean that the telomeres of trial participants were now as long as they had been 25 years earlier.

The therapy also reduced senescent cells by up to 37 per cent, making way for new healthy cells to regrow. Animal studies have shown that removing senescent cells extends remaining life by more than one third.

"Since telomere shortening is considered the 'Holy Grail' of the biology of ageing, many pharmacological and environmental interventions are being extensively explored in the hopes of enabling telomere elongation," said Professor Shai Efrati of the Faculty of Medicine and Sagol School of Neuroscience at Tel Aviv University.

"The significant improvement of telomere length shown during and after these unique protocols provides the scientific community with a new foundation of understanding that ageing can indeed be targeted and reversed at the basic cellular-biological level."

Many scientists now believe ageing itself is responsible for major conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.

It is also known that obesity, smoking, lack of physical activity, vitamin deficiency and inflammation can speed up the shortening of telomeres, demonstrating that they have a major impact on longevity.

Micrograph of human chromosomes with yellow dye marking location of telomeres - Los Alamos National Laboratory
The trial included 35 healthy independent adults aged 64 and older who did not undergo any lifestyle, diet or medication adjustments. Each patient was placed in a hyperbaric chamber for 90 minutes for five days a week over three months while breathing 100 per cent oxygen through a mask.

The pressurised chamber allows more oxygen to be dissolved into the tissues and mimics a state of "hypoxia", or oxygen shortage, which is known to have regenerating effects.

Previous trials have shown that eating a
, while high-intensity training for six months has been proven to lengthen telomeres by up to five per cent.

The Israeli team has also previously demonstrated that the pressurised oxygen therapy can improve cognitive decline.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My son has been asking me to take him fishing lately. Stuff keeps popping up so we’ve had to let it slip a few times but I am thinking this weekend might be a good time to do it. The only question is should I take him freshwater fishing or saltwater?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Last reel I bought was a Shimano Stella size 4000

Although I think my Daiwa Ninja 5000-C is an absolute beast and better value for money...

Reactions: Ice

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The ageing process has been biologically reversed for the first time by giving humans oxygen therapy in a pressurised chamber.

Scientists in Israel showed they could turn back the clock in two key areas of the body believed to be responsible for the frailty and ill-health that comes with growing older.

As people age, the protective caps at the ends of chromosomes – called telomeres – shorten, causing DNA to become damaged and cells to stop replicating. At the same time, "zombie" senescent cells build up in the body, preventing regeneration.

Increasing telemere length and getting rid of senescent cells is the focus of many anti-ageing studies, and
to target those areas.

Now scientists at Tel Aviv University have shown that giving pure oxygen to older people while in a hyperbaric chamber increased the length of their telomeres by 20 per cent, a feat that has never been achieved before.

Scientists said the growth may mean that the telomeres of trial participants were now as long as they had been 25 years earlier.

The therapy also reduced senescent cells by up to 37 per cent, making way for new healthy cells to regrow. Animal studies have shown that removing senescent cells extends remaining life by more than one third.

"Since telomere shortening is considered the 'Holy Grail' of the biology of ageing, many pharmacological and environmental interventions are being extensively explored in the hopes of enabling telomere elongation," said Professor Shai Efrati of the Faculty of Medicine and Sagol School of Neuroscience at Tel Aviv University.

"The significant improvement of telomere length shown during and after these unique protocols provides the scientific community with a new foundation of understanding that ageing can indeed be targeted and reversed at the basic cellular-biological level."

Many scientists now believe ageing itself is responsible for major conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.

It is also known that obesity, smoking, lack of physical activity, vitamin deficiency and inflammation can speed up the shortening of telomeres, demonstrating that they have a major impact on longevity.

Micrograph of human chromosomes with yellow dye marking location of telomeres - Los Alamos National Laboratory
The trial included 35 healthy independent adults aged 64 and older who did not undergo any lifestyle, diet or medication adjustments. Each patient was placed in a hyperbaric chamber for 90 minutes for five days a week over three months while breathing 100 per cent oxygen through a mask.

The pressurised chamber allows more oxygen to be dissolved into the tissues and mimics a state of "hypoxia", or oxygen shortage, which is known to have regenerating effects.

, while high-intensity training for six months has been proven to lengthen telomeres by up to five per cent.

The Israeli team has also previously demonstrated that the pressurised oxygen therapy can improve cognitive decline.

That's interesting.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

to target those areas.

I understand that Michael Jackson was a big fan of hyperbaric chambers.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

to target those areas.

Fentanyl and hyperbaric chambers don't mix well.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

to target those areas.

I for one believe it is true that Michael is no longer getting old.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

to target those areas.

Is this your qualified testimony or are trying to be witty?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

to target those areas.

There is no try in wit. You have it, or you do not.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

to target those areas.

You must be vying for that elusive dry wit I gather?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

to target those areas.

You misspelled Martini

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

to target those areas.

You misspelled Martini
Oh touché you stirrer...