Pit Bull rips off Girl's Upper Lip

Blandscape

Factory Bastard
"Independent organizations have published statistics based on hospital records showing pit bulls are responsible for more than half of dog bite incidents among all breeds despite comprising 6% of pet dogs."

They only represent 6% of all pet dogs but are responsible for 50% of all dog bites. It's not irrational to look at this breed in askance.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

First of all, Leaker, I commend you for digging a little deeper.

I have to say that I question the 6% figure. It might have to do with the states that I have visited, but the pit bulls seem to be very popular. If they are getting that figure from licensed dogs (city dog licenses) it is possible that pit bull owners are less likely to get their dogs licensed. That is one possibilty that might skew this stat.

I also question the 50% figure. If you look on pit bull friendly sites, you will see them cite many, many incidents that it was reported that a pit bull did the biting when it was really a different breed.

Something that they are not addressing is the fact that a bite from a pit bull is usually much more damaging than a bite from the vast majority of other breeds.

Have a one up for posting in the wrong thread my little Canadian non-entity.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I get angry when I see all these dumped cats because people want that cute little kitten, but then they grow up and need things like vet care and sterilization and people just dump them.

I'm not kidding. People cat dump over here. They dont sterilize them so there are scrawny and sick kittens.

And the shelters here NEVER have room.

The ferals dont bother me. It's the strays that kill me. Dont take one out of the wild if you are just gonna dump it when it's not a cute kitten anymore and you've robbed it of its wild instincts.

We have some awful, horrid trash people down the road that abuse the cats, too. They are like trailor park Devil Rejects. I fucking HATE them. And their shitty, mean as fuck crotch goblins that are always in the road flipping people off.

They are like....8 and 10 ffs.

20 years ago at my local SPCA the process, when selling a cat or dog, was that the new owner would get a certificate that could be used towards (it would usually cover the entire cost) a spay or neuter at any local vet. The vets would redeem the certificates with us to get paid. We strongly encouraged anyone adopting a dog or cat to take advantage of the certificate, but we knew many people did not.

So I worked in animal care, but I also took care of the technology (updated the Web site, I wrote some applications (tracking medications in animal care, volunteer management, punch-in/punch-out software to track employees hours, etc.), I managed the server, I ran cable, installed access points, etc. etc.). I attended the management meetings. My desk happened to be beside the Education Coordinator who oversaw the school programs; she and her staff would visit schools and give presentations about animals. One topic was how fast cats can multiply when not altered. The Education Coordinator showed me that lesson and that got us talking about how we should be spaying and neutering cats and dogs before they go home with their new owner. She did not have the insight, into how bad a problem overpopulation was in our area, that I had through working in animal care.

So we advocated for that at meetings. The executive director shot it down. Do we drive every cat and dog to a vet to be altered? Too much extra work for us. Do we bring vets in to do it (we already had a vet there 4 hours a day)? The local vets (that we did not use) would be upset that we are taking some of their business away.

But we continued to spread the word. I talked about it a lot with animal care. We both talked about it with the admin staff. Pretty soon (it took a few years to build the pressure), everybody was pushing for it and the executive director caved. It all changed about 15 years ago. Every dog or cat that is sold is sterilized.

The result?

Way less unwanted pets. Way less stray cats.

We went from euthanizing upwards of 20 cats a day to being a "no kill" shelter. Not one animal is killed because we cannot handle the volume of animals. In fact, we reach out to other shelters and take their extra animals when they are over capacity.

I keep saying "we", but I do not work there any more. I am just a volunteer now, but I still feel very much a part of the organization.

If anyone knows of an SPCA or animal rescue who does not ensure that all their adopted animals are altered, and you care about animals, you should remind them of the importance of it.

The ones I've taken in and cared for and adopted out I took to the vet myself and had them sterilized, dewormed, first round of shots DEFINATELY rabies and had chips put in them.

And I charged an adoption fee about 50 dollars. I have a good thing going on with out vet and he gives me a really good deal because he loves what I'm doing. So he only charged me 80 dollars per cat for all of it.

One time I took 11 cats(mostly all kittens and 2 adults) to him and he did them all. I mean they stayed the night there but he got them all done for me. He only charged me just over 400 dollars for that round lol. I had my money back with the adoption fee.

My husband took off work to help me get them there and back lol. I'm surprised he hasnt killed me.....but he really likes the cats too. We both really enjoy animals.

Blandscape

Factory Bastard
You should only respond to your love of animals, while bearing in mind that I am doing the same thing here, responding to a fucking animal.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have never read where Blandscape has said that
"Independent organizations have published statistics based on hospital records showing pit bulls are responsible for more than half of dog bite incidents among all breeds despite comprising 6% of pet dogs."

They only represent 6% of all pet dogs but are responsible for 50% of all dog bites. It's not irrational to look at this breed in askance.

LOL do you apply this logic to violent crime statistics, which suggest that black people have a tendancy to commit crime?

No, people aren't dogs, dumb fuck.

What difference does that make?

Should behavioural patterns only be recognised among animals and not humans?

A huge difference. Human's aren't animals and capable of change with the right conditions, moron.

Not the point. You're willing to parrot stats about animal behaviour, but refuse to acknowledge similar damning info which suggests that a particular group of humans is prone to behaving a certain way.

You can't have it both ways, Chunkzilla.

It is the actual point though, moron.

Pit bulls have turned on people even when they've had a perfectly decent home.

People that exhibit bad behavior most often have been raised in terrible scenarios.

It is exactly the point. It's the most important point.

You know this how exactly?

So according to you, most black families are disfunctional and black people make bad parents?

Most people in poverty are in dysfunction. Hell, you are a 40 year old failure with no car, no career and no home of your own. You listen to gay ass club music. You haven't reached adulthood yet, never been independent. And I'd bet you have been in jail or prison.

Who the hell are you to judge anyone?

Any moar fictional nonsense you wish to share?

Serious question, how long do you think you have left on earth, before your lifetime of sloth and gluttony takes effect and provides you with a permanent dirt nap?

What fiction? We both know I'm right.

You're 60 yrs old and weigh 400lbs.

We both know that your ticker isn't going to last for much longer.

It's a pity, but ultimately you have nobody to blame but yourself.

How weak and diminished you feel to fantasize about my death. LMAO

I'm just pointing out the obvious. Your life or death is of no consequence to me.

See how they respond when someone points out REAL issues? It's so boring for them.

They would rather exploit and use people to bring back racist divides and hate for political power than ever vote responsible. It's all about feelings and the marketing they fall for.

Once they get a hit of feeling superior it's an addiction. EVERYTHING is about them. Even black people are about them. Just tools to use. They dont need to actually CARE about the poor state of the schools and gang violence and the infringement on their rights. They can just throw around black corpses in some attempt to project their racism on other people.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

LOL do you apply this logic to violent crime statistics, which suggest that black people have a tendancy to commit crime?

No, people aren't dogs, dumb fuck.

What difference does that make?

Should behavioural patterns only be recognised among animals and not humans?

A huge difference. Human's aren't animals and capable of change with the right conditions, moron.

Not the point. You're willing to parrot stats about animal behaviour, but refuse to acknowledge similar damning info which suggests that a particular group of humans is prone to behaving a certain way.

You can't have it both ways, Chunkzilla.

Because A, they genuinely do not think black people are civil.

So if you bring up black on black crime or the high crime rates from black people.....its racist to them.

They'd rather IGNORE it, make excuses for it and pretend it's normal.

They are not genuinely interested in solving any of the problems. They will not even acknowledge the problems. ALL black people are to them are inferior meat sacks they can USE to smear and slam other people and push their pitiful partisanship.

Never mind bad policies that have driven poverty and crime. Just call everyone right of Stalin white supremacists. The whole goal of this ghoulish campaign is basically to get rid of capitalism. And the woke narrative is black supremacy. It's nothing BUT racist hatred. That's it.

They dont gaf about good leadership and policies that will help improve the lives of ANY regular Americans including the black ones. It's not about that.

Since none of their shitty elected officials even bother to built a platform that will benefit regular people.....they need to demonize and dehumanize their opposition. They wouldnt get ahead otherwise because they dont bring SHIT to the table. All dems/progs have done is destroy and spew hate and incite violence.

Such irony in Bland accusing others of not caring about humanity while he lies, spews and he has a fucking ghoul who called the terrorist attack in WI that murdered CHILDREN "karma" over a verdict that honored our self defense rights.

They are just souless fucking ghouls. They see what they are and what they put out there. End of.

I'm very sure they dont do fuck all for others. And if they did? They would be patting their own backs in public for validation.

Blandscape

Factory Bastard
I really don't want to check, but did Dovey just repost thinking that it gave her rebar in the concrete nature of her soul?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter