Random Thoughts Thread

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
I wonder when the geese will fly north- - - - - - -
Around here... and several other towns I've seen... never. Constant food source means the streets will run slick with goose poop. And in many places the nasty beasts are protected.

Vile_Vixen

Factory Bastard
e1b2766fd904b4ac292fa5359a27501e80b7d34e0e9ee8d5b852dc05d527f214.jpg

You like that shit don’t ya

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Not my favorite, but on a road trip from Savannah to home, the Goddess wanted chicken fries in Hardeeville, SC.
Never stop in Hardeeville, SC.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I've used hundreds of pounds of kosher salt and the same in steel pads, but not a drop of soap to clean my cast iron skillet. I've carried it around for 30 years, and it makes an excellent omelette.
Salt? We only use ours to make corn bread, but we never wash it with more than a paper towel to clean it? My wife would shoot me if it ever touched water.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
I've used hundreds of pounds of kosher salt and the same in steel pads, but not a drop of soap to clean my cast iron skillet. I've carried it around for 30 years, and it makes an excellent omelette.
Salt? We only use ours to make corn bread, but we never wash it with more than a paper towel to clean it? My wife would shoot me if it ever touched water.
We cook everything in it. The leavings can get ugly sometimes. The last mess was bulgogi when the sauce got sticky. I need an abrasive sometimes, and salt works best, helps with seasoning too. I rusted it a couple of times early on, but it just gets better with age.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Finally we got stable spring temperature. Time to start the herb farm and put in petunias and succulents.

And for some twisted reason the Goddess wants me to apply glow in the dark paint to her 16" flower pot.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
The f'n birds again. The air horn works to shut them up, but too well. One blast and I got slapped on my head. Don't fuck with the Goddess when she's sleeping.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
I'm at 7 pieces and 10 cymbals - I kinda feel like Neal!

The thing that impressed me so much about him was that consistent stoic look he had, except his hands. And the occasional crack up at the antics of stage performers at concerts.

I recall a sit in he did at a jazz concert. A snare, high hat, bass thumper and a little cymbal, and he showed why he was the best.

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
I've always wondered why , when we were kids we always had to have enemies , we'd make them , Like the old dude that liked to take a walk after dinner to smoke a White Owl Cigar , as now I assume , after all these years he wasn't allowed to smoke that vile 40 cent econo puke in their small ass house inhabited by 6 cats , two kids that ate lead paint chips and could barely toast a pop tart...and Granny whom made the deal I'll buy this shack and pay cable and taxes , and you let me die here..... I look back at it now we are lucky Rollo didn't capture one of us and do the boot scootin Alter boy on our buttocks...

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
I've always wondered why , when we were kids we always had to have enemies , we'd make them , Like the old dude that liked to take a walk after dinner to smoke a White Owl Cigar , as now I assume , after all these years he wasn't allowed to smoke that vile 40 cent econo puke in their small ass house inhabited by 6 cats , two kids that ate lead paint chips and could barely toast a pop tart...and Granny whom made the deal I'll buy this shack and pay cable and taxes , and you let me die here..... I look back at it now we are lucky Rollo didn't capture one of us and do the boot scootin Alter boy on our buttocks...

Holy sweet mum of holey bleeding jesus, I am that guy. I wonder sometimes what the locals think of that gray limping giant wandering the neighborhood with a bathrobe and a poodle, and I pray they will at least call 911 when I keel over from a cardiac episode.

MasterBlaster

Rest In Peace Boyd
Well, to be perfectly honest and (in my humble opinion, of course!) without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning ones views and by trying to make it objectified, and considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.