Shin's shitstorm

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I always opt not to send data automatically. Even on the mac I have that option. I don't do automatic updates and I don't automatically allow my location. The kids' computers were just as complex to set up without allowing all of those things. I have no issue with my apple ID. I already use it on my phone, so any data they can glean from it they already have. I'm more concerned with the safety of my kids online. I set up their computers with safe search and a few parental controls because they use their laptops at school. I also set them up so that I know all of their passwords. My policy for them to use the internet in my house, be it on computer, tablet or phone is that I can ask at any moment to check their device and they will hand it straight over for me to look at. Full transparency or I turn off their access to the wifi or mobile data.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I'm battling not smoking these days too. My stress levels have been rather intense. Funny you should mention cloves Gyro, I love them, but yeah, they are harsh.

Shin, if ever anyone is being mosey and looking at your phone, look at something awful, then start staring at them. It's fun.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
I'm battling not smoking these days too. My stress levels have been rather intense. Funny you should mention cloves Gyro, I love them, but yeah, they are harsh.

Shin, if ever anyone is being mosey and looking at your phone, look at something awful, then start staring at them. It's fun.

I used to smoke Cloves and Dunhills and they are a lot more difficult to find out here as well as to chainsmoke.

Cigs are about $12 a pack out here. I've been buying cans of loose tobacco and alternatively rolling my own and smoking out of a bowl. It reminds me of that old joke which suggests that we could all afford sportscars if we saved all of the money we would have spent on smokes.

I'm becoming a bit more uninhibited about what I search on my phone; I just run out of good ideas since I'm schizo behind closed doors. I'm doing ok, though.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
We had another sweltering summer here in Chi-town with more 90 F days than I could keep track of. As a result, I haven't been going outside every day and I've gained back half of the 95 lbs I lost over the last 2 years. Surprisingly, I'm not too depressed about it.

For those of you who didn't know, my peak weight was 387 lbs and I was working out like a loon lifting weights, aerobics, treadmills, elliptical machine with and without a trainer, and I was setting goals which included a balanced diet, walking miles a day, and seeing a nutritionist. Among the personal goals I set and achieved were walking a million steps in under 30 days, walking the distance of a marathon in one day, and being able to regularly press 40 lb dumbbells over my head in sets of 10.

In retrospect, I think I went at it too hard, and the fire in our bellies never really burns out, but I'm confident I can get back under 300 lbs at a more gradual pace.

I think we put too much stock in our physical appearances these days and it became a precursor to a lot of us being more reclusive when we weren't looking our best. Then blind dates led to computer dating and the internet through social media kind of destroyed our realistic expectations of what we feel we should look like.

Long story short, we have to appreciate that person in the mirror before we can appreciate anything else in our lives.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
In short; Stand in front of a mirror and if you like what you see great and if you don't then do something about it!

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
Ha, that or love yourself first.

Shin, you know I've always supported you. I don't care what you look like in the terms of normal. Fuck normal. I've found most who feel most comfortable with themselves are those who truely have learned that looks mean nothing. Yes, we all find our own things visually stimulating, but then again we have all made great friends out of people we never thought we would, based on judgment. To anyone who hasn't talked to you, me I don't get the impression you are exactly chatty in person, you look scary. I do too, I get it. I know it's not easy to break down those walls. However, i know you have posted many places for many years. I also know that in at least one of those places, no one knew what your physical body looked like. They all loved you for your mind. I think online dating, with honesty, would work for you. I also know there are plenty of women who would love the strong silent type by their side.

You will get what you want.

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter
I’m windows 10.

Heya Lioness

How do you like Windows 10? Do you know why they call it Windows 10... because 7 ate 9.
I rarely use it. I prefer XP. I’m not sure if 10 is trying to be like Mac but it isn’t exactly my favorite one.

From what I heard, Microsoft was essentially following Apple's lead in software for the longest time.
Everything at work is going the same direction. I’m ready to retire.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Hi everyone!

...so I recently spent 9 not so glorious days in a hospice where I had to deal with idiots, morons, and jerks who kept me there for my humors, or from my perspective "because I was too entertaining."

I was talking to a shim who looked a lot like Kat with a green hairstyle and about 400 lbs under her neck. She had the gaul to call herself "Sauron."

At any rate, I'm very much alive, and oh so bored with this trivial false arrest which leads to FB jail.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
So how is everyone?

Oh, I forgot to mention... I think I got banned from FB for dissing Islam and not wanting to unkowingly share my account with would-be hackers.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Hi everyone!

...so I recently spent 9 not so glorious days in a hospice where I had to deal with idiots, morons, and jerks who kept me there for my humors, or from my perspective "because I was too entertaining."

I was talking to a shim who looked a lot like Kat with a green hairstyle and about 400 lbs under her neck. She had the gaul to call herself "Sauron."

At any rate, I'm very much alive, and oh so bored with this trivial false arrest which leads to FB jail.

Sauron lol.

Oh dang man, sounds like rough times. Hang in there!

Fuck that FB shit man, better off without it.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Yeah man,9 days was a long time to be in there, Blazor, but I've been in hospitals for a longer time. Can you imagine staying in two separate hospitals for 6 weeks each in consecutive stints? I've had to do that in the past.

Kat, FB is the hack that is breaking my back.

All things considered... Sauron did have a cute face, though.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Oh man, no way I could do it lol. I HATE hospitals! You did mean hospice in the previous post right haha? My friend that journeyed with me to Seattle a few weeks ago stayed in one for 8 days, he met a lady too, and cooked her dinner one night. Thats good on Sauron I guess haha. Though in the book, The Silmarilion, he had a fair face when he had a physical form, before he was defeated the first time.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Over here, we don't have a lot of options to get out of hospice. Someone who is a guardian can sign us out, but beyond that it's not unlike the penal system.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Over here, we don't have a lot of options to get out of hospice. Someone who is a guardian can sign us out, but beyond that it's not unlike the penal system.

Holy crap, sounds like imprisonment, is it like detox or the nut house where you just watch tv, play games(pool,ping pong) or work out.???

ahem ,not to say I know any thing about that ...so I've heard...

Hospice here is where backpackers and transients hang their hat while they travel through the city, there's a curfew but you can come and go as you please..

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter

Holy crap, sounds like imprisonment, is it like detox or the nut house where you just watch tv, play games(pool,ping pong) or work out.???

Hospice here is where backpackers and transients hang their hat while they travel through the city, there's a curfew but you can come and go as you please..

It's kind of like a cross between jail and detox. There isn't much more to do but watch TV and attend social groups in between meals, but they don't let you out until you've been in for a minimum of 72 hours.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="shin, post: 24970, member:

Hospice here is where backpackers and transients hang their hat while they travel through the city, there's a curfew but you can come and go as you please..[/QUOTE]

It's kind of like a cross between jail and detox. There isn't much more to do but watch TV and attend social groups in between meals, but they don't let you out until you've been in for a minimum of 72 hours.[/QUOTE]

I though a Hospice House was a place were sick people go to die??? My mother in law was a nut case and end up in the nut house a few times were the crazy people just wonder around waiting for pill time just like that movie"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"and some (like my mother in law)hang around the exit door hoping to escape- - - - - - -

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
Heya fellow Bastafarians

I was just reading something on the web about foreign operating systems online. Is it okay to post links in here?

Basically, I think some of you realize Windows is a steaming crock of shit, and most Linux or Unix based OS are similar in design... somewhat user-friendly on the outside and full of trojan horse ladden trap doors as far as vulnerability goes. In other words, it's very easy to hack into.

So anyways... this is a part of what I read on quora.

"Actually, Windows XP is widely used in the facilities of our government (Claim: I am Chinese). As we all know, Windows Xp is no longer supported by MS Inc. for public use, However, MS still develops OS patches every month(or longer) for the Chinese government.
What's more, last year, CETC (abbreviation for China Electronics Technology Group) and Microsoft have agreed to form a joint venture, which will create secure Windows-based operating systems for Chinese government organs and state-owned enterprises."

"Russian government was using proprietary things such as iphone, ipads, windows, macs for workstations.. After 2014's sanctions and win10 release they decided to move all the it infrastructure to its own to be able to control it - no one wants 24/7 spying by microsoft or apple, and also they can break anything in a moment by Obama's ask. Actually, the world is in a big trouble because of control from USA: a lot of IT giants are in USA and USA gov has such projects working like PRISM. And probably Russians cant have a lot of such IT giants they still have one of the best engineers all over the world. In the country here is a "Free Software Foundation" which is lobbying free software to be used everywhere in the country and these days this organization takes much more attention than before. After the sanctions have begun the Internet Development Institute announced a project called "national operating system" which goal is to create national OS which is the one only permitted to use in all the government. The OS should be running one pcs and mobile phones. Also gives a hope an Elbrus - Russian processor (Elbrus-8S) - in the combination of both Russia may create a fully import-independent devices which can be used in the government. However the plans for OS were saying the implementation should be available until 2025 so before 2025 or the implementation date Russia will probably use it's own version of linux. Personally I think national OS would be a fork of linux also but it needs a lot of time to ensure that linux kernel will not spy and break by some command of another country. It may sound paranoid but when the talk is about government, military and real spying you the verifying process should take place.
If you are asking about OS used in military - there is some heavily modified linux calo are you? led "Mobile System of Armed Forces". However this is public information I believe any country in defense point can only use it's own software obviously so we would never know what actually OS/software/hardware used in defense forces unless they will tell it publicly but I believe this will not ever be possible."

hxxps://
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

That's all you got? Who are you?

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Hey BF

How've you been?

I was thinking we could remove all of these gay avatars and asinine posters on the forum. I would like to post here more often, and I find them distressing.

Hey Iggy

How are you? I miss you on the forum. Please come back.

Has anyone heard from Scouse or Cricks?

UncleDilf is cool.

Bring back Irish Kam

Where are the female posters? Could you find ByteBlitz from the old .com backup?

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter

I think that's a hostel.
I have a special pill in a little stainless steel can that I will use if I'm so bad off I need hospice.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Hello Bastards, and a special hello to you Bastard Factory

Has anyone seen Kat and Mona? I would like them to reach out to me ASAP. Thanks.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Hello Bastards, and a special hello to you Bastard Factory

Has anyone seen Kat and Mona? I would like them to reach out to me ASAP. Thanks.

Hey Shin, check your PM over at BA!

Good seein' ya too lol.

Mona posted at BA recently I believe. Kat is stuck in WoW I believe lol.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
I hope everyone had a great New Year's.

I, unfortunately, spent the evening sleeping, and I actually forgot what day it was. Also, my computer clock seemed to display the wrong date more than once.

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
So yeah,

I had a dream last night where I was standing in an alcove somewhere in Johannesburg, South Africa. I met these really groovy women who wanted to talk to me, and it seemed interesting to me at the time.

We were having a great time. I really enjoyed the conversations. I thought one of them resembled Kat, and another one looked like a blonde version of a woman I went to high school with. The other few were versions of women I worked with and confided with during the formative years of my life.

Eventually, they walked away and some black Muslims stared approaching and speaking and talking about what they thought had just occurred. It was a modified coup de tat.

After that I was led to a South African prison where I was tortured with radiation and interrogated for being dark skinned. They weren't joking around. They really wanted me to die as a result of their ignorance. I somehow escaped by declaring I am President of the United Stated and leader of the free world. I don't remember much of the rest, but does this sound at all familiar to anyone else?

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Before that, I imagined in the form of a subsequent dream that I was being persecuted by the Navy by a person who was a dishonored soldier. He basically tried to eat me from the inside out. I gouged his eyes, ripped into his face, and broke his skull with my bare hands and I still felt the effects when I awoke from this nightmare. It still haunts me to this hour of the day, but I am a brave man, so I will get past this discrepancy and prosper forward...

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
Before that, I imagined in the form of a subsequent dream that I was being persecuted by the Navy by a person who was a dishonored soldier. He basically tried to eat me from the inside out. I gouged his eyes, ripped into his face, and broke his skull with my bare hands and I still felt the effects when I awoke from this nightmare. It still haunts me to this hour of the day, but I am a brave man, so I will get past this discrepancy and prosper forward...
Fuuu... Are you related to Rigor?

OP
OP
shin

shin

Unsung Internet Celeb
Site Supporter
Hey everybody!

So I just got back from an all expense paid vacation at the chateau de embarras in a part of town where the only thing playing is a sombre sound of synchronous sadness.

They kept me riddled with myriad measures of misanthropic malevolence mixed with idiosyncratic idiotic irascible idiocy. Basically, I went nuts in a Planter's factory.

I slept on a glorified cot while someone sans a sapient somnolence sat stead betwixt myself and a death machine supplanted with a noxious gas and a penchant for purported punishment. Sure, I could have screamed bloody murder, but I played the role of an innocent bystander patiently waiting for opportunities to abound and escape my simulated penal punishment.

Long story short... I was released, albeit too late for my liking. The moral of this story is simple: Follow the rules when you need to and ask questions when you see no direct reason to act against the ebb of sanity.