Should Joe Biden Increase the size of the US Supreme Court?

Should Joe Biden Increase the size of the US Supreme Court?

• No

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Can he? Should he?

I read somewhere that the size of the US Supreme Court is not fixed according to the US Constitution.

That the President along with congress can increase or decrease its size anytime it wants.

Admin.

Silent Scream, try to tear your face apart.
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm not sure about that, but I am sure two recent appointees to the Bench lied during their senate confirmations and should be impeached

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm not sure about that, but I am sure two recent appointees to the Bench lied during their senate confirmations and should be impeached

I think if those appointments were ill-gotten, that the Democrats are within their right to expand the size of the Court.

Biden may as well because he's a 1 term President anyways.

He has nothing to lose.

Most people think he won't run again or be re-elected anyways.

Matters little if there's a huge backlash and he goes down in flames.

It's the only chance your side has to preserve what little leverage you has left.

Short term pain for long term gain imho. You'll thank him later @Admin.

If there's no legal obstacle, Biden should just pull the lever or trigger and do it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Fucking NO.

WHY would we do that?! Because the left must always get their fucking way or screw the country?!

It amazes me how the people who cry about democracy do all they can to control the entire country and force their values on everyone.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Fucking NO.

WHY would we do that?! Because the left must always get their fucking way or screw the country?!

It amazes me how the people who cry about democracy do all they can to control the entire country and force their values on everyone.
Do you approve of Presidential Appointees lying to congress during the selection process?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Fucking NO.

Do you approve of Presidential Appointees lying to congress during the selection process?

Do you think justices should sit out on cases in order to service a certain party?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The other notable aspect of this argument is that when Barrack Obama tried to fill a Supreme Court vacancy he was denied because the excuse was the it was an election year.

But the Republicans appointed a judge in an election year.

Biden has often been accused of being weak an ineffectual.

So if he really wishes to erase that perception, he should just increase the size of the court.

The US is not longer a nation ruled by moderates, but by exteremists, so Biden should get in step with the times and act accordingly.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
289786613_10166383152765023_9157097782706629613_n.jpg