Social media intervene after ex-adviser Trump's call for beheadings

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube deleted a video of former Trump adviser Steve Bannon. In it, he said that the director of the FBI and a well-known virologist should be beheaded.

Bannon made those statements in an online video series in which he discussed with a co-presenter what Trump should do in a second term of office.

"I really want to go back to old England," said Bannon. "I want to put their heads on skewers and put them on either side of the White House as a warning." He talked about FBI chief Christopher Wray and virologist Anthony Fauci.

A little later in the conversation, Bannon emphasizes that he thinks it is time for violence. "Nobody wants to talk about it, but a revolution is not a tea party. It's a civil war."

The video has been removed on the three tech platforms. In addition, Twitter has permanently suspended an account of Bannon. The former adviser can still object.

Tech companies are currently taking tough action against messages inciting violence during US elections. Misleading reports from Trump, for example, have also been dealt with by the companies.

OP
OP
Q

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
I am very happy social media starts to take some responsibility. Until now everything was "allowed" (ignored) and some thing are just not acceptable.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
tenor.gif