Texas snowstorms you say?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Don't worry, Biden is on it. While you texans are dying he's playing Mario karts with a minor

that's his element folks

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Well bigly, according to Beto O'rourke, the power failures are the result of a failed state run by the Republicnan party and its governor, Greg Abbott.

Oddly, Out of the 48 Contiguous USA States, 47 of them are on a Grid that enables them to share power resources, but freedom loving and regulation averse Texans, opted out of that, so Texans would be free to die of exposure, for freedom.

feel free to help josephine explain why the power grid in liberal utopia 90210 goes down more than a $5 hooker on Saturday night, ass clown.

You kin git a hooker for $5 a night these day, Lokmeer!?!

...Maybe in the 3rd world!

Might not be the most healthy product on the market, Bud.

Butcha kin try! :LOL1:

Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of dumb tweakers in Canduhduh that can be bought for less. Anywho, I see you totally avoided the ACTUAL question josephine. PWN3D!

Actually Lokmeer, the Texas debacle does raise the question about the viability of Electric cars.

Cuz I wonder right now, are they having difficulty keeping EV's on the road in Texas these days?

Are they having difficulty powering up their electric only vehicles and Teslas?

Perhaps Elon Musks's move ta Texas wasn't as great a publicity stunt as he thought.

Teslas smack in the middle of a state with a shortage of electrical energy?

Hmmm, doesn't seem that farseighted, eh?

Fuk sakes josephine, you dont think Musk has a shitload of backup generators?

But Texas residents must have a problem power up those Electric cars these days, eh?

Cuz if there's not power to heat homes or power home appliances, where can it come from to power up a car?

Anyways, reason I said a month ago in this forum why I'd never buy an electric car.

Yer too damn vulneerable to shit like Texas is experiencing.

I think if you have an ice storm, you should have bought a 20K backup gen. Prolly a 30K if you have an electric car. Why? Cause Canduhduhs hydro power aint flying though the air or beaming over like some star trek shit.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Don't worry, Biden is on it. While you texans are dying he's playing Mario karts with a minor

that's his element folks

Well bigly, according to Beto O'rourke, the power failures are the result of a failed state run by the Republicnan party and its governor, Greg Abbott.

Oddly, Out of the 48 Contiguous USA States, 47 of them are on a Grid that enables them to share power resources, but freedom loving and regulation averse Texans, opted out of that, so Texans would be free to die of exposure, for freedom.

feel free to help josephine explain why the power grid in liberal utopia 90210 goes down more than a $5 hooker on Saturday night, ass clown.

Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of dumb tweakers in Canduhduh that can be bought for less. Anywho, I see you totally avoided the ACTUAL question josephine. PWN3D!

Actually Lokmeer, the Texas debacle does raise the question about the viability of Electric cars.

Cuz I wonder right now, are they having difficulty keeping EV's on the road in Texas these days?

Perhaps Elon Musks's move ta Texas wasn't as great a publicity stunt as he thought.

But Texas residents must have a problem power up those Electric cars these days, eh?

Cuz if there's not power to heat homes or power home appliances, where can it come from to power up a car?

Anyways, reason I said a month ago in this forum why I'd never buy an electric car.

I think if you have an ice storm, you should have bought a 20K backup gen. Prolly a 30K if you have an electric car. Why? Cause Canduhduhs hydro power aint flying though the air or beaming over like some star trek shit.

Clearly, the Texas power grid failed its residents.
It was a poor design to isolate it from the Eastern and Western half of the US/North America main ones.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

that's his element folks

It was a poor design to isolate it from the Eastern and Western half of the US/North America main ones.

Sorry josephine, but no matter how many bullshit stories you post, you aint gonna transport electricity through downed lines and equipment broken due to ice. Happens evey year across my state.

Sure, I realize the narrative gets you off, but you're a dumb ass that doesnt understand the first thing about energy transmission, let alone what happens to a power grid in an ice storm.

You're really out of your league here, josephine.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

that's his element folks

Sorry josephine, but no matter how many bullshit stories you post, you aint gonna transport electricity through downed lines and equipment broken due to ice. Happens evey year across my state.

Sure, I realize the narrative gets you off, but you're a dumb ass that doesnt understand the first thing about energy transmission, let alone what happens to a power grid in an ice storm.

You're really out of your league here, josephine.

Regardless, I wonder how this current crisis has affected electric cars in Texas?

Must be a btich for them to power up and operate, eh Lokmeer?

No power must translate into no EV's on the road at the moment.

Big Business and their news stations aint postin that story, that's fer sure!

Gotta protect the prices of them Tesla shares!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Energy output was halved with the combination of frozen wind turbines and their batteries and frozen gas mains. And at least one nuclear plant in the region had to shut down because of frozen gear...I read somewhere that it was instruments but elsewhere, piping.

But the real problem was keeping a baseline of power flowing through the system. Wind is sporadic at the best of times. By relying so much on wind, Texas's grid became highly unstable and they've had to do rolling cuts to re-stabilize or risk crashing everything.

That region isn't ruggedised for deep prolonged cold...for any of their energy sources, but it's their reliance of subsidised wind power that accelerated the disaster.

Fact

Wind and solar need to be reduced to a less harmful level.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Energy output was halved with the combination of frozen wind turbines and their batteries and frozen gas mains. And at least one nuclear plant in the region had to shut down because of frozen gear...I read somewhere that it was instruments but elsewhere, piping.

But the real problem was keeping a baseline of power flowing through the system. Wind is sporadic at the best of times. By relying so much on wind, Texas's grid became highly unstable and they've had to do rolling cuts to re-stabilize or risk crashing everything.

That region isn't ruggedised for deep prolonged cold...for any of their energy sources, but it's their reliance of subsidised wind power that accelerated the disaster.

Fact

Wind and solar need to be reduced to a less harmful level.

Lack of a strong connection with Hydro Power which Texas a self sufficient energy grid doesn't have much of, given the flat topography of the state.

Today, hydropower accounts for only 1% of Texas' electric power. As of 2006, Texas had 23 dams producing hydroelectric power. The Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) currently operates six dams, all of which are used for hydroelectric power in times of peak demand.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Are libs and jigs celebrating "WHITE CIS GENDER POWER GRID" down yet?

Regardless of which side of the political aisle yer on, I wonder how those all electrical cars have performed in Texas during this power outage, eh?

That's the real story I'm interested in.

Being a mechanic, you'd probably be interested too, Lokmeer!

I just getta hunch tha these proposed electric cars won't be stable or durable enough for all weather conditions.

Hybrid system seems like a better one, eh?

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was this years old today when I learned that the Texas Electrical Grid is owned by a Private Corporation. A privately owned company providing an integral infrastructure component.

Capitalism, working as intended.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was this years old today when I learned that the Texas Electrical Grid is owned by a Private Corporation. A privately owned company providing an integral infrastructure component.

Regardless of who runs it, it's a shoddy design, cuz Texas coulda solved 1/2 it's problems by being part of the Western US/Canada power grid.

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Regardless of who runs it, it's a shoddy design, cuz Texas coulda solved 1/2 it's problems by being part of the Western US/Canada power grid.
To my understanding of Texas and Texans, they have a long history and Tradition of doing things on their own, and wanting to be left alone. I vaguely recall there was some movement within Texas to cede from the US and be their own country?
I am certain such ideals will see them through this.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This is STILL a lie. Electricity dont travel along downed power lines josephine.

Admin.

I'm in jail, send ketchup.
Site Supporter ☠️
Joe Biden did not even demand any compliments, he didn't snivel and whine because Texas didn't vote for him, he just OK'd federal aid to Texas because Texas needed it, and that is what an adult President does.

152070785_10225166474966457_1375169822574125312_n.jpg

Admin.

I'm in jail, send ketchup.
Site Supporter ☠️

Well josephine, maybe you and baby poop beto can explain why cali has continuing power failures all year long, year after year in spite of its 100% democRAT run gubmints AND they arent having freak ice storms which knock down powerlines anywhere. Get to it, bitch! :Popcorn:

Any event, make sure yer state is hooked inta Canadian dam power, Lokmeer!

300px-Hydro-share-energy-2019.svg.png

Don' be like Texas, Bud! Make sure yer covered! It could well save yer bacon!

Gotta have a constant source of energy/power ta keep that comin fleet of electric cars powered up, eh?

Only Canada kin provide that fer ya 24/7....Lokmeer!

Hey idiot, all the interconnectivity on the planet dont do jack shit for downed lines and blown up substations! Try again, dummy.

Texas planners appear to have made a big mistake in the design of their power grid, Lokmeer.

They're isolated from the major ones, so it made them extremely vulnerable to catastrophic events like this.

josephine, do you even understand what an ice storm does to an electrical grid? Do you think interconnections are like fukin wifi? Huh, dumbass?

How come all those people in Canada, Greenland, Iceland and Sweden and Latvia and Finland etc, don't freeze to death every winter? You stoopit Trumptard?

How do those guys in Antarctica and my old High School buddy at Pt. Barrow AK, survive the winters??????

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Well josephine, maybe you and baby poop beto can explain why cali has continuing power failures all year long, year after year in spite of its 100% democRAT run gubmints AND they arent having freak ice storms which knock down powerlines anywhere. Get to it, bitch! :Popcorn:

Gotta have a constant source of energy/power ta keep that comin fleet of electric cars powered up, eh?

Hey idiot, all the interconnectivity on the planet dont do jack shit for downed lines and blown up substations! Try again, dummy.

Texas planners appear to have made a big mistake in the design of their power grid, Lokmeer.

They're isolated from the major ones, so it made them extremely vulnerable to catastrophic events like this.

josephine, do you even understand what an ice storm does to an electrical grid? Do you think interconnections are like fukin wifi? Huh, dumbass?

How come all those people in Canada, Greenland, Iceland and Sweden and Latvia and Finland etc, don't freeze to death every winter? You stoopit Trumptard?

How do those guys in Antarctica and my old High School buddy at Pt. Barrow AK, survive the winters??????

How do rainy or dry climates survive the heat or wet on their infrastructure? They're hardened for their unique climates... not for all climates. Watch what happens when the Atacama desert gets half an inch of mist or rain...

Kaboom!

Lights go out....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Bottom line is Texas is usually a very warm state and the system isn't designed for pronged deep freezes. As something like this has only happened a few times in the last century they usually get away with this but freak events do happen. Their houses are also pretty cheaply co strutted with minimal insulation requirements and no requirements to insulate water pipes. Thus all the burst water pipes.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It seems green power usually makes up 25% of the power mix in Texas but it has suffered a 1/3rd outage. Fossil fuels make up 75% but they have suffered around one quarter failure rate. So, yes, green power went out at much higher rates.

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
It seems green power usually makes up 25% of the power mix in Texas but it has suffered a 1/3rd outage. Fossil fuels make up 75% but they have suffered around one quarter failure rate. So, yes, green power went out at much higher rates.
As previously noted, to those who can read
only 7% of Texas' winter energy production was planned from renewables
so the loss was 2.3% of the total.
ERCOT has made clear that the greatest failure was fossil fuel plants.
..again - as previously noted.

Go read.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Go read.

They planned on their turbines and batteries freezing up from a one of a kind polar vortex not experienced forever?

How forward planning of them!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This is STILL a lie. Electricity dont travel along downed power lines josephine.

Hey Lokmeer!

Politics aside, here's the answer I was looking for:

How does an electric car power up in the cold and snow and especially no other way to lbecause they have an elctricity shortage like in Texas?

Like, what if 10, 20 or 100 other people show up at the spot in Texas, wanna use the same charging station all at once?

Like we discussed, they have infrastructure problem,s and will for the forseeable future if it isn't implemented properly.

Anyways, right there in the video, I can see some weaknesses in having an electric only vehicle, eh?

What's your thoughts about useing gas generator in emergency situations if no other powr sources are available to charge them up?

Not sure what else a person could use.

Natural gas? Propane? to power a generator?

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

Go read.

They planned on their turbines and batteries freezing up from a one of a kind polar vortex not experienced forever?

2011 - they had worse and should have upgraded the grid by 10 years later.
They also could have not chosen to remain independent of the federal Commission in order to avoid compliance with federal regulations. They made that choice 90 years ago,
now and sadly, the people of Texas have to live with the "leadership" they elected.
Repoolickins, of course.

ERCOT CEO said things were so bad they were only minutes from a total (100%) failure.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Go read.

They also could have not chosen to remain independent of the federal Commission in order to avoid compliance with federal regulations. They made that choice 90 years ago,
now and sadly, the people of Texas have to live with the "leadership" they elected.
Repoolickins, of course.

ERCOT CEO said things were so bad they were only minutes from a total (100%) failure.

2011 was nowhere near worse.

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

Go read.

Repoolickins, of course.

Federal regulators warned Texas that its power plants couldn’t be counted on to reliably churn out electricity in bitterly cold conditions a decade ago, when the last deep freeze plunged 4 million people into the dark.
They
that utilities use more insulation, heat pipes and take other steps to winterize plants -- strategies commonly observed in cooler climates but not in normally balmy Texas.
“Where did those recommendations go, and how were they implemented?” said Jeff Dennis, managing director of Advanced Energy Economy, an association of clean energy businesses. “Those are going to be some pretty key questions.”
As investigators probe the current power crisis in Texas, which has left millions of people without power or a promise of when it will be restored, questions are sure to be raised about how the state responded to the urgings from the 2011 analysis, issued by the
and the North America Electric Reliability Corporation, which sets reliability standards.
The February 2011 incident occurred when an Arctic cold front descended on the Southwest, sending temperatures below freezing for four days in a row. The result was disastrous. Equipment and instruments froze, forcing the shutdown of power plants and rolling blackouts, according to the report.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Go read.

Repoolickins, of course.

Federal regulators warned Texas that its power plants couldn’t be counted on to reliably churn out electricity in bitterly cold conditions a decade ago, when the last deep freeze plunged 4 million people into the dark.
They
that utilities use more insulation, heat pipes and take other steps to winterize plants -- strategies commonly observed in cooler climates but not in normally balmy Texas.
“Where did those recommendations go, and how were they implemented?” said Jeff Dennis, managing director of Advanced Energy Economy, an association of clean energy businesses. “Those are going to be some pretty key questions.”
As investigators probe the current power crisis in Texas, which has left millions of people without power or a promise of when it will be restored, questions are sure to be raised about how the state responded to the urgings from the 2011 analysis, issued by the
and the North America Electric Reliability Corporation, which sets reliability standards.
The February 2011 incident occurred when an Arctic cold front descended on the Southwest, sending temperatures below freezing for four days in a row. The result was disastrous. Equipment and instruments froze, forcing the shutdown of power plants and rolling blackouts, according to the report.

OH MAH GAWD! 4 DAYS!

That's totally worse...

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This video answerssome of your questions:

where one agrees with this host or not, it's one perspective.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Meanwhile Biden is still doing nothing about Texas, illegals are pouring over the border and the media is still silent on the Cuomo murders

lol...

If Cruz had a phone and a laptop in Mexico he was just effective at his job as he would have been in his own home. Perhaps even more so

Dumbo rats exploiting bad optics as a diversionary tactic is all this is