The Health Thread

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm glad to hear that. I'm not married but I do know that divorce can be brutal.

A piece of me died when it was over. It’s something that will stay with me forever, but it’s also something I’m learning to accept that needed to happen to get me to where I am now.

Growth and healing are not always easy.. but they are so worth the struggle.

Any serious relationships ever?

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
A piece of me died when it was over. It’s something that will stay with me forever, but it’s also something I’m learning to accept that needed to happen to get me to where I am now.

Growth and healing are not always easy.. but they are so worth the struggle.

Any serious relationships ever?
Not really. I've had girlfriends in the past but nothing too serious, I only know that divorce can be awful because my stepsister went through a nasty one. Years of love only to end in fights and hard feelings. I don't know what it is with marriage these days, they don't seem to last very long. There are exceptions though. My grandmother is dead but she and her husband were married for 60 years, now that's commitment.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Not really. I've had girlfriends in the past but nothing too serious, I only know that divorce can be awful because my stepsister went through a nasty one. Years of love only to end in fights and hard feelings. I don't know what it is with marriage these days, they don't seem to last very long. There are exceptions though. My grandmother is dead but she and her husband were married for 60 years, now that's commitment.

My grands were married for 50+ too.

I think that people get into relationships for the wrong reasons and when things aren’t going well, they take it out on each other.

I did marriage counseling several times. Nothing is going to change a philandering jackass tho, so I inevitably gave up and it was not easy to walk away from 24 years together, but I did and I’m grateful I had the strength to do that.

6 years single and then I got a DM from an old friend from HS… and now we are engaged.

But the thing that got me to let my guard down fully with this one is that we are both on the same page when it comes to being traditionalists. He told me when we were dating that he wanted what his grands had and I was like “SAME!”

Givers need to find givers or it’s just not going to work. We are both generous with attention and affection, so it works for us. We have our moments, but we maintain mutual respect.

The best thing I learned in marriage counseling was the weekly check in:

How are you?

How are we?

What do you need?

It helps :Happy5:

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm glad that you have found someone that makes you happy. That's tough to find these days. I wish the two of you many years of happiness and I'm not just saying that. Life is too short to be unhappy and alone.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Never heard of it to be honest. Is it healthy?

It’s really good for you. Lots of omega-3 fatty acids and essential minerals. It’s good for heart health and boosts immunity. I started taking it during the pandemic. It’s gross, but you feel good after taking it for a while.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
BPn2rjk.png

QX8SkrB.png

MxxzbtZ.png

aj3K0On.png

LjBl5VE.png

01zm5H1.png

The Book Of Joy

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s really good for you. Lots of omega-3 fatty acids and essential minerals. It’s good for heart health and boosts immunity. I started taking it during the pandemic. It’s gross, but you feel good after taking it for a while.

I can't get over "it's gross", ever.

I turn to alternatives that I find palatable. Like spinach vs. kale.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't get over "it's gross", ever.

I turn to alternatives that I find palatable. Like spinach vs. kale.

Love kale when it’s in a ground turkey, stewed tomato, chicken broth, red chili flake base stew I make for dinner. I season it with fresh Italian herbs and throw the khale in at the end to keep it crunchy.

Spinach is gross when it’s cooked. I’ll still eat it on my everything Benedict, which is a dish I made for Christmas morning and have most years. Which is traditional Benedict but in stead of ham you have sliced grilled tomato, sautéed spinach and bacon.

I serve it with a side of Panettone French toast. I serve that with mascarpone and a drizzle of good maple syrup.

Omg now I’m hungry lol

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Love kale when it’s in a ground turkey, stewed tomato, chicken broth, red chili flake base stew I make for dinner. I season it with fresh Italian herbs and throw the khale in at the end to keep it crunchy.

Spinach is gross when it’s cooked. I’ll still eat it on my everything Benedict, which is a dish I made for Christmas morning and have most years. Which is traditional Benedict but in stead of ham you have sliced grilled tomato, sautéed spinach and bacon.

I serve it with a side of Panettone French toast. I serve that with mascarpone and a drizzle of good maple syrup.

Omg now I’m hungry lol

I mostly eat spinach raw, my favorite is in salads with berries, some nuts, a little gorgonzola, with poppy seed dressing. It's great in a dish my friend's Norwegian mom makes. Basically mashed potatoes with chopped spinach, dill, butter, sour cream...stick them back in the oven, sprinkle a very light layer of sugar and then brown on top.

Delicious. However, cooked I mostly eat it wilted with scrambled eggs.

THROB

Factory Bastard
I dont use fancy health insurance but when i get fungal outbreaks or colds i just pay $20 at Bonita Clinica urgent care and its done. I wait all day, but they speak english.

not sure why people pay thousands a year. Im sure they would tell me if i needed something more.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Full cream milk
Real butter
Rye bread
Brazilian coffee
One teaspoon of sugar
Fruit
Nuts
Marmite
Kombucha