The joys of being an immigrant

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
An entity in the US that I deal with is making me go to a notary here in Portugal to prove that I am not dead. Literally, they call it "Proof of Life." They said everyone who leaves the US must do this for them once every two years.

I'm not so sure about this, though. I may actually not be alive.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
An entity in the US that I deal with is making me go to a notary here in Portugal to prove that I am not dead. Literally, they call it "Proof of Life." They said everyone who leaves the US must do this for them once every two years.

I think somebody just caught wind that you’re a dead root...don’t stress!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

If you were authentic about your wish to flee the US, you shouldn't care...

You'd just pick up a citizenship on your travels and not look back.

However, you've inadvertently let us know that you have holdings back in the US.... rental property that is fueling your self imposed exile...

...so, eat a dick... suffer in your jocks... and it couldn't happen to a more stupid person ***thumbs up***

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
I wonder if Biden could pass that test.

I don't know, but everyone I know here laughs when I tell them I have to prove I'm not dead. The notary thought it was weird, too.
Also...I have never had to do that.

But when I went back to the US I had to have a long talk at immigration. No white privilege whatsoever.

Did you do something fishy? Immigration has never bothered me.
Just being out of the country for 8 years is fishy enough.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I don't know, but everyone I know here laughs when I tell them I have to prove I'm not dead. The notary thought it was weird, too.

But when I went back to the US I had to have a long talk at immigration. No white privilege whatsoever.

Well, probably true, but maybe you didn't have the proper visa? Or maybe it's just because you've been in Turkey. Not that it's any of my business.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Customs once hassled my husband on our way back from Ireland. He has an Irish name, and, well, his brother once knew someone who was very tangentially involved in the IRA, so...

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Well, probably true, but maybe you didn't have the proper visa? Or maybe it's just because you've been in Turkey. Not that it's any of my business.
I don't need a visa of course. It is just unusual for people not to go back regularly I guess. Wife and kid were waved through with no problem too!

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I don't need a visa of course. It is just unusual for people not to go back regularly I guess. Wife and kid were waved through with no problem too!

I meant your Turkish visa. You're a permanent citizen of Turkey now? If so, Congrats.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

I meant your Turkish visa. You're a permanent citizen of Turkey now? If so, Congrats.
No...but that would have nothing to do with usa entry anyway.

I have a residence permit...no real advantages to citizenship especially since I am married to one.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I have a residence permit...no real advantages to citizenship especially since I am married to one.

Well, I guess that depends. I may become a Portuguese citizen. Probably will. In three years. I imagine it would be very advantageous here.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Well, I guess that depends. I may become a Portuguese citizen. Probably will. In three years. I imagine it would be very advantageous here.
In the EU it would be a good thing. But tbh Turkey treats its own citizens worse than it treats westerners.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

In the EU it would be a good thing. But tbh Turkey treats its own citizens worse than it treats westerners.

Ah, I see. Sad.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I have 5 passports but I just want to stay in Australia until all you leftists are starved out and incinerated...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have 5 passports but I just want to stay in Australia until all you leftists are starved out and incinerated...

Yes, we know. Your Arms Dealer Daddy took you all over the world, and now you hate everyone.

I only despise idiots like you...

Everyone else I love... like flowers, and puppies, and fucking happy stuff....

You're a bitter and angry man full of hate. Who's the idiot?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Yes, we know. Your Arms Dealer Daddy took you all over the world, and now you hate everyone.

You, you blossoming arse_end! :LOL3:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You are.... for not recognising that I care about most people when I'm not online.... except totalitarian hand maidens who wish or vote for violence against their philosophical and ethically minded betters.

If you had the spine to physically manifest at me what you preach online, I'd have no choice but to kill you in self defence. I wouldn't enjoy it, but it would necessary.

However, you're a coddled coward and would never physically do to people what you promote online...