The major reason why we decided to homeschool

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

This. It's like this everywhere.

Combine this with the politics being forced into classrooms and it's time to take a hard look at public school.

We are cranking out narcissistic brats who think mental illness is quirky.

Not to mention the bullying and nature of the bullying and the high rates of anxiety, depression and self harm.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It's just sad

My daughters have complained many times about a lot of this same stuff. (Behavoir of students....et)

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Combine this with the politics being forced into classrooms and it's time to take a hard look at public school.

Not to mention the bullying and nature of the bullying and the high rates of anxiety, depression and self harm.

It would be extremely challenging being a parent with children in schools these days @Dove.

To get them the instruction they need.

Evidently from another video I posted earlier, kids don't seem to know anything anymore either.

Maybe with the dumbing down of education they don't even know how to read or write.

Or add a column of numbers. Or count & give out change to customers in a supermarket.

Gonna be a sad world for them when mom and dad are gone, eh?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It would be extremely challenging being a parent with children in schools these days @Dove.

Evidently from another video I posted earlier, kids don't seem to know anything anymore either.

Maybe with the dumbing down of education they don't even know how to read or write.

Or add a column of numbers. Or count & give out change to customers in a supermarket.

Illiteracy is a problem here....mostly in inner cities where the school have been total shit for a long time. We have lower scores in everything.

Public schools are complete shit and it's only getting worse.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Illiteracy is a problem here....mostly in inner cities where the school have been total shit for a long time. We have lower scores in everything.

Public schools are complete shit and it's only getting worse.

Maybe like in the Time Machine, where the guy goes into the future & discovers that his descendants don't know anything and are fodder for creatures living below the surface.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I think parents need to take their kids off the god damn phones, video games, social media, etc. It's not just bad schools or teachers, it's bad parenting.

People use electronic devices as babysitters and entertainment for their kids. I live in Silicon Valley, the wealthiest of the tech execs send their kids to a private school on the Peninsula where they don't use computers at all in the classroom. Kids are taught in traditional "methods". They pay like $50k a year for this...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m just going to put two and two together here and say that you’re homeschooling out of the necessity of avoid the child welfare department entirely.

I’ve been around the world and ayyyyyye

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Home schooling can be a good option but it requires a lot of effort.
I honestly think most parents are incapable of appropriate home-schooling. And private tutoring with a fast-tracked curriculum could only be afforded by the ultra-wealthy. Besides it’s important for children to develop social skills in a monitored environment with other children anyway.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I honestly think most parents are incapable of appropriate home-schooling. And private tutoring with a fast-tracked curriculum could only be afforded by the ultra-wealthy. Besides it’s important for children to develop social skills in a monitored environment with other children anyway.

Maybe a mixed educational environment might be more appropriate? Part home school & part at the educational institution?

Kinda like the workplace these days where people are still going to the office but sometimes working from home now.

Also a result of the Pandemic as well which changed everything.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Maybe a mixed educational environment might be more appropriate? Part home school & part at the educational institution?

Kinda like the workplace these days where people are still going to the office but sometimes working from home now.

Yeah, that sounds awesome and all that. But what about the shit parents? Those children would suffer from a well-rounded education due to incompetence. And when I mean “shit parents” I don’t necessarily mean the druggies and the alcos, but the airheads and the timid pushovers too.

In Australia truancy is a big problem. Like working from home in the business sector, full productivity is always going to be an issue.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yeah, that sounds awesome and all that. But what about the shit parents? Those children would suffer from a well-rounded education due to incompetence. And when I mean “shit parents” I don’t necessarily mean the druggies and the alcos, but the airheads and the timid pushovers too.

In Australia truancy is a big problem. Like working from home in the business sector, full productivity is always going to be an issue.

What about the shit teachers that rape students?

What about the abusive and bullying peers?

See how we can find fault either way? And check this out.....abuse in public school is more common than abuse at home. Kids being abused at home are rarely at school. The parents dont withdraw the kids ....they just dont send them.

Our families safety and wellbeing should never ever be the job of the state. Governments dont care about anyone. We have kids in foster care being raped and abused and no one will help them. CPS just leaves them in it.

We have a bunch of Gen z kids who dont know any real American history. Dont even know what the 4th of July is about. Literacy rates are bad. Education is failing.

This year homeschooling....two weeks so far? My 6 year old is reading at nearly a 5th grade level(to be fair....we read all the time and that never stops). Shes not just mastering basic math....shes learning economic basics (and IM learning with her). Light American history. Light basics of government. She does art and music and martial arts and science.

And it's all more natural....its not institutionalized and shes almost always engaged and enriched.

So far....so good. This child is doing better right now than she would have been in public. And as we go along we have hybrid program options and tutors can be paid to come in and teach subjects. Its not like it's all on just me.

What would she be learning in public right now? How to color rocks and use neo pronouns?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's a hybrid program and we have some good ones here that we will likely use later on.

My high schooler is using an online academy and will be doing a hybrid program at the second half of the year. Right now her classes are online and we have a math tutor who comes weekly.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
People who think that kids need public schools to learn "socail skills" should go spend time in public schools and see what passes as "socail skills".

No one is teaching proper socail skills. It's a free for all with vulgarity, bullying and anti socail behaviour.

My 6 year old has better socail skills than a modern high schooler. She is polite and kind and thinks before she speaks (okay maybe not all the time....but in public and around others shes pretty mindful. She saves her spazzy mouthy shit for at home lol)

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I love all the concern about shit schools or shit parents that act like total shits online to other people. Before you come at me with your bullshit, I am not the one complaining about how shitty people are in schools or at home. Human beings have always been shitty.

Damn this drama is funny.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I love all the concern about shit schools or shit parents that act like total shits online to other people. Before you come at me with your bullshit, I am not the one complaining about how shitty people are in schools or at home. Human beings have always been shitty.

Damn this drama is funny.

What drama? This is a discussion thread I started about MY reasons for opting out of public schools.

The only drama in this thread is this stupid post you just dropped where you literally bust in, add NOTHING to the topic except your bitch fest about other people. Coming into a thread about why public schools suck and why people would prefer homeschool, just to come in and shit post. You are the ONLY one here just bitching about nothing.

This isnt meltdown, you stupid cry baby twunt. So either add the actual discussion or get the on and go take your weak jabs on the fight board. If you dislike this conversation, dont read it. DER.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I clearly see the connection between being shitty here and how people are shitty offline. I'm not surprised you don't.

I've actually said more than once that you are every bit as shitty in your real life as you are online. The way you act on forums? Probably vastly worse on the poor people who have to deal with you in real life. Of course....this cute little projection of yours has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was said.

Narcissism is the only explanation for how you read posts and see shit that no one is even saying and then argue with that LOL.

Why dont you hoist those sour ovaries back up into a wheel barrel and haul them over to your thread in leftardia where you are calling Canadians uncivilized from your home in the mecca of street shitters and homeless encampments?

We all know that democrat voters still sucking the establishment asshole get shitty and touchy anytime their failed pedophile and indoctrination camps are criticized. You dont have to reinforce it so passionately.

Hopefully we can abolish the DOE and go back to teaching literacy rather than taking children to watch sex offenders writhing in drag and providing them with graphic sexual material and gender cult propaganda.

NO ONE should be quiet about the FACT that schools can now legally socially transition peoples children without informing the parents and have children removed by the state if the parents do not give them puberty blockers.

People are gonna hopefully bitch LOUDER until community publically schools start serving communities again rather than garbage politcal movements. I'm glad to see so many families choosing actual education over the public school shit show. I imagine your authoritarian regime is going to start threatening homeschool and private school families over the next few years as registration lowers.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That's a hybrid program and we have some good ones here that we will likely use later on.

My high schooler is using an online academy and will be doing a hybrid program at the second half of the year. Right now her classes are online and we have a math tutor who comes weekly.

So your daughter attends public school sometimes in a hybrid program but gets online lessons at home too?

Is that how hybrid learning program works? Like work from home sometimes and at the office at others?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So your daughter attends public school sometimes in a hybrid program but gets online lessons at home too?

Is that how hybrid learning program works? Like work from home sometimes and at the office at others?

No no. She attends no public school. We are paying tuition for her hybrid program.

But yeah shes going to be attending a few classes in person. Kinda like college....how you'll have math every Monday and Wednesday. On the other days she will continue doing online courses. So basically yeah....except no public lol.

No One

Factory Bastard
What drama? This is a discussion thread I started about MY reasons for opting out of public schools.

The only drama in this thread is this stupid post you just dropped where you literally bust in, add NOTHING to the topic except your bitch fest about other people. Coming into a thread about why public schools suck and why people would prefer homeschool, just to come in and shit post. You are the ONLY one here just bitching about nothing.

This isnt meltdown, you stupid cry baby twunt. So either add the actual discussion or get the on and go take your weak jabs on the fight board. If you dislike this conversation, dont read it. DER.
tPoTF is getting bored up there. Breakie broke her resolve and flynn is on vacation in teh woods again.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
What about the shit teachers that rape students?

What about the abusive and bullying peers?

See how we can find fault either way? And check this out.....abuse in public school is more common than abuse at home. Kids being abused at home are rarely at school. The parents dont withdraw the kids ....they just dont send them.

Our families safety and wellbeing should never ever be the job of the state. Governments dont care about anyone. We have kids in foster care being raped and abused and no one will help them. CPS just leaves them in it.

We have a bunch of Gen z kids who dont know any real American history. Dont even know what the 4th of July is about. Literacy rates are bad. Education is failing.

This year homeschooling....two weeks so far? My 6 year old is reading at nearly a 5th grade level(to be fair....we read all the time and that never stops). Shes not just mastering basic math....shes learning economic basics (and IM learning with her). Light American history. Light basics of government. She does art and music and martial arts and science.

And it's all more natural....its not institutionalized and shes almost always engaged and enriched.

So far....so good. This child is doing better right now than she would have been in public. And as we go along we have hybrid program options and tutors can be paid to come in and teach subjects. Its not like it's all on just me.

What would she be learning in public right now? How to color rocks and use neo pronouns?
I actually didn’t realise that you yourself were homeschooling. I thought it was part of the title to your thread. Hey…if it’s working so far, then well done. Time will tell though…kids can be quite a handful as they get older.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I actually didn’t realise that you yourself were homeschooling. I thought it was part of the title to your thread. Hey…if it’s working so far, then well done. Time will tell though…kids can be quite a handful as they get older.

My 17 year olds mental and emotional health has improved vastly since shes been out of public and doing it at home. Night and day.

Her socail life even improved. She goes out with her friends on weekends. She gets up early without prompting and runs with me. Shes excited about her future plans. Her self esteem is where it should be. Her anxiety is pretty much nonexistent.

Her boyfriend graduated last year and he did online school. He went through K-12 (we are using a different one). He started classes at the community college this month and is going into computer science. They have been togther nearly two years and they have absolutely no drama. They are best buds. They support and encourage eachother. I love their relationship.

That's the thing.....her relationships are positive. Her friendships and with her boyfriend. None of that drama that teens go through in school is an issue in her world right now. And her grades are much better.

She has always been more artistically inclined and she struggled to keep up in public. Too many kids, teachers spread too thin, and all the socail dramas.

At this point public high schools are full of drugs, sex and bullying. Nude pictures of students get passed around. There are pervert teachers. There was a long thread on reddit where teens were all sharing stories about pervert teachers that was just vile and horrifying. Now that politcs are being pushed via SEL it's a big nope.

I actually want to see the DOE abolished and for education to become more enriching. Get rid of institutionalized learning. Its failing and its toxic.

This whole newer attitude that parents are inept and unqualified to teach, guide and advocate for their children and should yield to state "experts" is total fucking garbage. Its horrifying that the schools can "socially transition" minors and hide these issues from parents. Its abuse.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
@Bastard Factory I have Mud Crotch Murd on ignore and I'm not reading her drunken shit posts at all.....but I can see the dumb twunt posted in my thread and I'm pretty much 100 percent sure it was another off topic shit post.

Can we clean her drunken blather out as well, please? I really dont want to deal with these two unless I decide to go into meltdown and cunt punt them at my own leisure. They dont need to be shitting up a topic they are not even qualified to speak on.

Thank you SO much. I normally do not complain because I know it gets annoying.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Except in Asia, the kids are taught and disciplined the way we were when we were kids. When my aunty was invited to a school in Indonesia to give a lesson on English she was shocked how advanced the kids were compared to her grandchildren back here in Perth.

People have been complaining forever about teaching methods and how our methods have deteriorated and it started with kids using calculators in Primary school.. so we are going back a long way now.

No One

Factory Bastard
Except in Asia, the kids are taught and disciplined the way we were when we were kids. When my aunty was invited to a school in Indonesia to give a lesson on English she was shocked how advanced the kids were compared to her grandchildren back here in Perth.

People have been complaining forever about teaching methods and how our methods have deteriorated and it started with kids using calculators in Primary school.. so we are going back a long way now.
We went from teaching Greek and Latin to teaching remedial English. Equity.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I impressed my English Literature teacher pronouncing Greek names perfectly but that was because I had studied the Christian Greek scriptures thanks to the JWs...lol

I liked Sophocles plays...it was Shakespeare I couldn't stand and that was compulsory.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Yup.

Often, parents homeschool their brood when they disagree with the established curriculum.

I’m glad Dovey is teaching her kids “Light American history” but, from my perspective, there’s nothing “light” about American history.

Unless, of course, “light” means “White.”

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yawn, leftists sure do love to lie and make stuff up. Just look at Blurt openly lie and pretend Dove is some how a "white supremacist".