Seamajor: A point of view

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I see how often he is insulted for not being an educated person. Also for being repetitive in his postings and for his style of posting that gets on some people's nerves. Yes, he can post mean things too. I don't think there's anyone here that can't, won't or hasn't done it.

I recognize that some of those things are true. He's not highly educated, he can be repetitive and that gets on people's nerves. I notice it, but it's not irritating enough for me to jump on the beat him up bandwagon.

He is a simple man, a senior, that apparently worked hard most of his life working in the trades. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is no shame in working hard. What he does seem to have is a comfortable life. He still owns property, apparently, in the Bay Area. He lives a life he enjoys in Costa Rica. Who doesn't want to live on/near the beach and frolic in the waves? He seems to be healthy and he has family he loves.

There are people here that haven't accomplished that much and they are more educated and consider themselves "smarter". Not everyone is an intellect and that's okay. He seems to be a kind sort to me, in general. He likes people that I consider awful. He is humble. He's generally not an asshole, though he does push back on those that are unkind to him.

There is room for all kinds of people on this forum and in life. You don't have to agree with me. I call it, like I see it. We all see things a bit differently. If you disagree, I accept that. I just simply wanted to provide a counter narrative to the disrespectful narrative that I see out there.

Last edited:

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
.. SeaMonster is a fine fellow in my book. Likes fishing, surfing, living an uncomplicated life in a beautiful natural environment, and he's health conscious - eats lots of fruit and seafoods. Sometimes you have to repeat things for him, but that's true of everyone here really.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
.. SeaMonster is a fine fellow in my book. Likes fishing, surfing, living an uncomplicated life in a beautiful natural environment, and he's health conscious - eats lots of fruit and seafoods. Sometimes you have to repeat things for him, but that's true of everyone here really.
I’m not not dumb, I’m smart and I just want respect!

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I can't refute anything mentioned about SMajor in the OP because it's either alluding to poasts I haven't seen (perhaps I actually saw them but didn't pay any attention) or her opinion, and for all I know that's how she really feels.

Otherwise it's no secret I don't bother to read poasts by admajor and yes I intentionally conflate them; if you don't understand why there's little point in exploring the issue with you so just take it as given that I have and will continue to do so.

I'm not mad at or bothered by admajor and I certainly don't look down at them...

...I just ain't got no time for 'em.

:Confused4:

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't refute anything mentioned about SMajor in the OP because it's either alluding to poasts I haven't seen (perhaps I actually saw them but didn't pay any attention) or her opinion, and for all I know that's how she really feels.

Otherwise it's no secret I don't bother to read poasts by admajor and yes I intentionally conflate them; if you don't understand why there's little point in exploring the issue with you so just take it as given that I have and will continue to do so.

I'm not mad at or bothered by admajor and I certainly don't look down at them...

...I just ain't got no time for 'em.

:Confused4:

I don't think you've gone out of our way to be unkind. I hadn't even remembered you were not a fan.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I see how often he is insulted for not being an educated person. Also for being repetitive in his postings and for his style of posting that gets on some people's nerves. Yes, he can post mean things too. I don't think there's anyone here that can't, won't or hasn't done it.

I recognize that some of those things are true. He's not highly educated, he can be repetitive and that gets on people's nerves. I notice it, but it's not irritating enough for me to jump on the beat him up bandwagon.

He is a simple man, a senior, that apparently worked hard most of his life working in the trades. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is no shame in working hard. What he does seem to have is a comfortable life. He still owns property, apparently, in the Bay Area. He lives a life he enjoys in Costa Rica. Who doesn't want to live on/near the beach and frolic in the waves? He seems to be healthy and he has family he loves.

There are people here that haven't accomplished that much and they are more educated and consider themselves "smarter". Not everyone is an intellect and that's okay. He seems to be a kind sort to me, in general, he likes people that I consider awful. He is humble. He's generally not an asshole, though he does push back on those that are unkind to him.

There is room for all kinds of people on this forum and in life. You don't have to agree with me. I call it, like I see it. We all see things a bit differently. If you disagree, I accept that. I just simply wanted to provide a counter narrative to the disrespectful narrative that I see out there.
Ya pretty much nailed it. I did receive a BA in Recreation Management from Sacramento State College, in 1972. Started an apprenticeship immediately after I graduated. Thats 9 years of higher education

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Ya pretty much nailed it. I did receive a BA in Recreation Management from Sacramento State College, in 1972. Started an apprenticeship immediately after I graduated. Thats 9 years of higher education

I didn't know that. I stand corrected in that assessment, but my overall point I stand by.

The bullshit on these forums is so lame.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I don't think you've gone out of our way to be unkind.

Quite the opposite.
I won't lie and say I *never* have a peek at something one of them has poasted, usually if it's directed at me, and generally those poasts contain stuff I absolutely would have shredded set on fire and thrown back into their faces...

...if I cared enough to waste that time.

I hadn't even remembered you were not a fan.

As I said it's not even a dislike thing.
It's a "they're useless forum flotsam" thing.

No biggie.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

You had me at surfer… anyone who wakes up in a tropical paradise is brilliant in my book xoxo

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually @The Prowler a lotta guys I know who went inta the trades have wrecked their physical health towards the end of their working lives. There's probably a good reason why they pay so much...cuz when they reach their 50s many of them are on disability eh?

I know one guy about your age who was a plumber and his lungs got infected because he was handling human waste all day. And he needs a ventilator now to pump oxygen into his lungs to stay alive.

His story is a tear jerker when he says the one thing he can at least look forward to is seeing his young daughter grow up & that at least that part of his life was worth it. So hopefully he'll stay alive long enough to see her graduate from high school. Hes given up a lot that guy.

Work hard like that make the dough but in the end...there's a price to be paid for those kinda occupations

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Actually @The Prowler a lotta guys I know who went inta the trades have wrecked their physical health towards the end of their working lives. There's probably a good reason why they pay so much...cuz when they reach their 50s many of them are on disability eh?

I know one guy about your age who was a plumber and his lungs got infected because he was handling human waste all day. And he needs a ventilator now to pump oxygen into his lungs to stay alive.

His story is a tear jerker when he says the one thing he can at least look forward to is seeing his young daughter & that at least that part of his life was worth it.

Work hard like that make the dough but in the end...there's a price to be paid for those kinda occupations

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Well you brought up the topic about how rewarding trades are, so I jes thought I'd give you a dose of reality @The Prowler.

Actually @Lily of Denial is somewhat correct in her observations about you.

You should find some greater meaning in your life rather than hanging around these forums all day long.

You say you gotta wife, but I never see any evidence that you have one.

You spend more time harassing the women in these forums that spending time with her.

Man Is she a blowup doll? I don't see how anything but that could tolerate you all day long.

You must be insufferably boring talking about the same things all day long.