This might be controversial, but sloppy Joes are better than hamberders

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
A NYC chopped cheese my man

once you had one you'll never look at a philly cheesesteak or slopey joe the same

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Well, Sloppy Joe in the mid south used to be a loose meat ground beef sammich in tomato sauce, on a white bun. We had a variation that was done without tomato that was called a Maid-Rite, in a thin "clear gravy." But people from the East coast have told me a Sloppy Joe was a big deli sammich on rye that would feed several people.

Which kind are you thinking of?

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, Sloppy Joe in the mid south used to be a loose meat ground beef sammich in tomato sauce, on a white bun. We had a variation that was done without tomato that was called a Maid-Rite, in a thin "clear gravy." But people from the East coast have told me a Sloppy Joe was a big deli sammich on rye that would feed several people.

Among my people of the upper left, a Sloppy Joe is basically Chili Con Carne between a toasted Burger Bun. I had a College Buddy that lived on those, he was addicted to Joe's.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I haven't had a sloppy Joe in years. They were ground beef in a tomato sauce on a hamburger bun. I do love a good gourmet burger though. The best one I had recently was at Ty's Burger House where they had lots of options and let you customize it. It was half beef and half lamb with blue cheese stuffed into the burger patty. I had it topped with melted Swiss gruyere, apple wood smoked bacon, grilled onions, and guacamole. Oddly, they put the grilled onions on top while the lettuce and tomato were below the burger patty.

Somehow it all worked though and tasted great.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Crazed Burger is pretty good too especially if you like exotic meats. The alligator burger was rather mushy and watery but their camel burger was actually delicious. I found the water buffalo to be a bit too lean and dry. Elk is hard to beat though.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
This is the bestest…

images

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m way more partial to a good Cuban with thinly sliced pork, smokey ham, on sourdough

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There is a Falafal place in town here. Sad, it’s not very good.

Last edited:
OP
OP

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

The manwich kind. I know the other one as being pretty much confined to central and north Jersey. Milburn Deli made a damn good one.

But the name always means meat, sauce and cheez for me...

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

The manwich kind. I know the other one as being pretty much confined to central and north Jersey. Milburn Deli made a damn good one.

My wife has never quite duplicated the Manwich sauce that one buys canned, and she gave it up. The kids love a manwich on a bun, both like it with dill relish. I like to put it on a hoagy roll with some leftover red or black beans and a slice of raw onion. Dunno about cheese, it's already pretty sloppy.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

My wife has never quite duplicated the Manwich sauce that one buys canned, and she gave it up. The kids love a manwich on a bun, both like it with dill relish. I like to put it on a hoagy roll with some leftover red or black beans and a slice of raw onion. Dunno about cheese, it's already pretty sloppy.
I'll occasionally make a big pot of Chili, and then often use the leftovers to make sammiches with, for then next day or two.

OP
OP

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

I said cheez though...not the real thing.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I haven't had a sloppy Joe in years. They were ground beef in a tomato sauce on a hamburger bun. I do love a good gourmet burger though. The best one I had recently was at Ty's Burger House where they had lots of options and let you customize it. It was half beef and half lamb with blue cheese stuffed into the burger patty. I had it topped with melted Swiss gruyere, apple wood smoked bacon, grilled onions, and guacamole. Oddly, they put the grilled onions on top while the lettuce and tomato were below the burger patty.

Somehow it all worked though and tasted great.

Same here.

They're not bad but I don't see them in restaurants or fast food joints.

Maybe Wendys has a variation?

Seems they had a Taco Salad with Chile and taco chips.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Change my mind.

These are my favourite two sandwiches hands down and better than a burger IMO
Pastrami, Emmental cheese, pickles and French's mustard
wIdLksD.png

Corned beef, cheddar and English Mustard or coleslaw
GmAVTpA.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Nice…looks similar to Pita Bread.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAd1n0DndWFv31mQI-aE9N_fjX73dD1-NPgc[QUOTE="deport_liberals, post: 539462, member: 1146"]
[IMG]https://www.nj.com/resizer/TjibwaaU712XRMOlGa574aBcafg=/1280x0/smart/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2BRLTAUHWJDJTGCQEML22DJXVI.jpeg

A pastrami Reuben. It seems to be a bit light on the pastrami and heavy on the veg though. Also, here on the west coast everyone gets those with cheese which is then toasted before the Cole slaw gets put on. I heard people call it a west coast Reuben.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Okay, probably my one favorite that's even better than a good Cuban is a Monte Cristo. You never know what yer gonna get when ya order one, but the really best way to make it is to start by making a Croque Monsieur (a 2 level club sammich with ham, Gruyere cheese and Bechamel sauce on white) then quartering it into wedges, dipping each wedge into a thin egg batter, putting all four wedges on a skewer, deep frying the whole thing, and dusting this hot mess with a little powdered sugar and serving it with a bowl of raspberry jam to dip the wedges into.

blue-bayou-monte-cristo-sandwich-1588089534.jpg

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay, probably my one favorite that's even better than a good Cuban is a Monte Cristo. You never know what yer gonna get when ya order one, but the really best way to make it is to start by making a Croque Monsieur (a 2 level club sammich with ham, Gruyere cheese and Bechamel sauce on white) then quartering it into wedges, dipping each wedge into a thin egg batter, putting all four wedges on a skewer, deep frying the whole thing, and dusting this hot mess with a little powdered sugar and serving it with a bowl of raspberry jam to dip the wedges into.

I'm sure I had that when I was working near Paris some years ago, the cafe was ram packed with people and it seemed they were all having the same thing, bloody delicious! So simple but there's something about the bread in France honestly it's superb!

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

There's a place nearby, that is a local legend Sea Focused Focused Eatery, but they are said to make one Epic Monte Cristo, on my list to sample one day soon.

OP
OP

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

I can't even count how many of those I ate...