This might be controversial, but sloppy Joes are better than hamberders

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Not here, sad to say. What about avocados?

Avocados are in abundance in Portugal. They grow them in the Algarve, and without the violence associated with Mexican avocados.

Was that really necessary? As long as the US is such a high consumer of drugs, someone will sell the avocadoes. The Cartels are trying, seemingly successfully, to overtake as many Mexican industries that they can. Violence is a tool that all criminals will turn to in order to dominate people.

If only the US would legalize drugs like Portugal did.

Was what really necessary? It's just a fact, and a sad one, that there is a lot of violence around avocado production in Mexico. It has nothing to do with anything other than facts.

I agree, the US should legalize drugs. It is nothing but greed on the part of some powerful business sectors in the US that restricts the use of drugs.

Any comment of that kind feeds the immature and racist narratives of the conservatives at this forum.

Well, they can go fuck themselves. I am not going to restrict my speech to mollify some assholes with low IQs.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Avocados are in abundance in Portugal. They grow them in the Algarve, and without the violence associated with Mexican avocados.

Was that really necessary? As long as the US is such a high consumer of drugs, someone will sell the avocadoes. The Cartels are trying, seemingly successfully, to overtake as many Mexican industries that they can. Violence is a tool that all criminals will turn to in order to dominate people.

Was what really necessary? It's just a fact, and a sad one, that there is a lot of violence around avocado production in Mexico. It has nothing to do with anything other than facts.

I agree, the US should legalize drugs. It is nothing but greed on the part of some powerful business sectors in the US that restricts the use of drugs.

Any comment of that kind feeds the immature and racist narratives of the conservatives at this forum.

Well, they can go fuck themselves. I am not going to restrict my speech to molify some assholes with low IQs.

I don't see how that added anything to the fact that Portugal grows avocadoes. And yeah, it's free speech, so I'm not stopping you. I just don't see how it was helpful.

It's not your culture than comes under attack constantly in the US though.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Well, they can go fuck themselves. I am not going to restrict my speech to molify some assholes with low IQs.

I don't see how that added anything to the fact that Portugal grows avocadoes. And yeah, it's free speech, so I'm not stopping you. I just don't see how it was helpful.

I wasn't trying to be helpful or hurtful. I stated a fact. Portugal is upping its production of avocados because they do not want to import from the Americas. They are well aware of both the Cartel activity and the environmental cost of shipping produce such long distances. To me, these are interesting facts, and so I mentioned it. Nothing more.

I would expend your energy on people who actually do attack and even despise your culture, rather than worry about me saying something that I really have no reason on Earth to be worried about saying. And like I said in my earlier edit, I am fully aware that a lot of Cartel activity exists only because of the US's greedy drug laws, and I hate the US for continuing this bullshit, and I don't think much of US citizens who aren't smart enough to understand the connections. I'm not going to restrict my critiques of the US, either, no matter how these rednecks react.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I wasn't trying to be helpful or hurtful. I stated a fact. Portugal is upping its production of avocados because they do not want to import from the Americas. They are well aware of both the Cartel activity and the environmental cost of shipping produce such long distances. To me, these are interesting facts, and so I mentioned it. Nothing more.

I would expend your energy on people who actually do attack and even despise your culture, rather than worry about me saying something that I really have no reason on Earth to be worried about saying. And like I said in my earlier edit, I am fully aware that a lot of Cartel activity exists only because of the US's greedy drug laws, and I hatre the US for continuing this bullshit, and I don't think much of US citizens who aren't smart enough to understand the connections.

I can't change haters, that much I've learned in my adult life. I was just hoping a person left of center could be an ally.

That's all.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I would expend your energy on people who actually do attack and even despise your culture, rather than worry about me saying something that I really have no reason on Earth to be worried about saying. And like I said in my earlier edit, I am fully aware that a lot of Cartel activity exists only because of the US's greedy drug laws, and I hatre the US for continuing this bullshit, and I don't think much of US citizens who aren't smart enough to understand the connections.

I can't change haters, that much I've learned in my adult life. I was just hoping a person left of center could be an ally.

That's all.

I am an ally. If you don't see me as one, that's on you.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's all.

Sometimes there's nothing worse than a well meaning ally. MLK said so himself...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's all.

Sometimes there's nothing worse than a well meaning ally. MLK said so himself...

Alright. I was wondering when this would happen...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's all.

Nothing is happening. You are more concerned with your freedoms than the impact of your words. That is the fact, correct? How you feel is more important than the fact that idiots will take your words and run with them?

And those attitudes are shared far and wide in the lunacy of the internet. And these people do crazy things like shoot up a bunch of Mexicans in a mall in El Paso for example.

Am I saying you're responsible for that? Not at all.

However, these loons don't need to have their hate fed in any way. People suffer, real people.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's all.

Nothing is happening. You are more concerned with your freedoms than the impact of your words. That is the fact, correct? How you feel is more important than the fact that idiots will take your words and run with them?

And those attitudes are shared far and wide in the lunacy of the internet. And these people do crazy things like shoot up a bunch of Mexicans in a mall in El Paso for example.

However, these loons don't need to have their hate fed in any way. People suffer, real people.

No, Oak. I am saying let it go. They run with everything I say, every single day. Why should I walk on eggshells with this topic, and not ALL of the other ones that set them off? I criticize Biden, and you don't care about that. I mean, I actually dislike Biden. I have nothing against Mexico or its culture. I just stated a fact. I'm not going to not post what I want because I am worried about loons hating. They hate every second of every day. Nothing I do or don't do has ever made a difference. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, and you are doing it very selectively.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's all.

No, Oak. I am saying let it go. They run with everything I say, every single day. Why should I walk on eggshells with this topic, and not ALL of the other ones that set them off? I criticize Biden, and you don't care about that. I mean, I actually dislike Biden. I have nothing against Mexico or its culture. I just stated a fact. I'm not going to not post what I want because I am worried about loons hating. They hate every second of every day. Nothing I do or don't do has ever made a difference. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, and you are doing it very selectively.

I am letting it go. We can agree to disagree, like rational adults.

I don't know how Biden came into this conversation. But I don't care what they say about Biden. Biden was the lesser of two evils and that's the only reason he got my vote.

And yes, the lesser of two evils was proven to me to be an effective strategy. Trump's ascendancy has been a disaster for domestic politics and American's understanding of what democracy is; they think democracy is now problematic because they won't always win. But that's another topic.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Holy Fuck! Lily and Lotus are wrestling in the jello pool again!

This was not even close.

The Leaker's whole point was that facts should be avoided.

This might have been the first time I saw LettuceBrain win an argument.

You read it all? I just skimmed it for the insults.

Not many were there? We can handle points of disagreement without melting down and taking up arms to overthrow the government to impose our wills.

see how easy that is...?

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

While I pointedly have nothing to say about Mexican avocados, I'm curious to know about Portuguese ones. Are there multiple kinds of them, or does everyone grow the same species? And what species?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

While I pointedly have nothing to say about Mexican avocados, I'm curious to know about Portuguese ones. Are there multiple kinds of them, or does everyone grow the same species? And what species?

:Awesomeness:

Re Portuguese varieties/species: I don't really know for sure, but I have never seen anything other than Hass in the mercados and stores.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

This was not even close.

Yeah. It was a quick read. There was nothing interesting or thought-provoking in any of what they were saying.

It was more like observing the behaviour and interactions of two subjects of a lesser species.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

This was not even close.

Yeah. It was a quick read. There was nothing interesting or thought-provoking in any of what they were saying.

It was more like observing the behaviour and interactions of two subjects of a lesser species.

So just a couple broads bitching at each other then.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think the Tree of Liberty is kinda thirsty, myself. You people ruin everything.

I know, you can only say "nigger" some places online and it gives you the sadz.

Sure ... that's it.

You still clinging to that intersection thingie and claiming to be an oppressed minority, or are you a white girl again?

I'm considered a minority in this country as per conservative understanding of what a "real American" is, right? I recently saw my mother's birth certificate in Texas.

Under origin or race for my grandparents, the good old boy state of Texas printed "Latin American", though my gramps was born in the US. Of course "Latin American" isn't a race, but explain that to conservative whites...

It's YOU people that make us different, fact.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

This was not even close.

Yet there you are, hanging on like you're fascinated.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
I think the Tree of Liberty is kinda thirsty, myself. You people ruin everything.

Sure ... that's it.

You still clinging to that intersection thingie and claiming to be an oppressed minority, or are you a white girl again?

I'm considered a minority in this country as per conservative understanding of what a "real American" is, right? I recently saw my mother's birth certificate in Texas.

Under origin or race for my grandparents, the good old boy state of Texas printed "Latin American", though my gramps was born in the US. Of course "Latin American" isn't a race, but explain that to conservative whites...

That's funny. When we had a similar conversation several years ago you admitted that your birth certificate says "white."

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Sure ... that's it.

That's funny. When we had a similar conversation several years ago you admitted that your birth certificate says "white."

Mine. Fucktard, mine. I was just posting about my mother's birth certificate. Reading is fundamental. California isn't as racist as Texas.

So, I'm okay in California. In Texas, I'm just a "meskin". That says more about the South than anything else can illustrate.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Sure ... that's it.

Mine. Fucktard, mine. I was just posting about my mother's birth certificate. Reading is fundamental. California isn't as racist as Texas.

So, I'm okay in California. In Texas, I'm just a "meskin". That says more about the South than anything else can illustrate.

Your MOM's birth certificate from, like, 90 years ago? You gonna wear that as a badge of your oppression like the niggers do with that whole slavery thing?

Your birth certificate says you're a white girl. So there it is.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Sure ... that's it.

Your MOM's birth certificate from, like, 90 years ago? You gonna wear that as a badge of your oppression like the niggers do with that whole slavery thing?

Your birth certificate says you're a white girl. So there it is.

My mother isn't 90. What difference does it make? I'm not oppressed, I've been discriminated solely based on ethnicity. It's what "MORE whiter" peoples do...lol

Your kind are simply assholes, you know that, right?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I was in Baja California not too long ago. I had some tacos from freshly caught fish that morning. Delicious. And fresh corn tortillas from Mexico...so superior to the commercial crap we get up here.

Too bad. They sell fresh tortillas all over the place in LA. I really fucking miss them.

We have those in Vancouver made by Mexican/Latino ex-pats who opened up restaurants here.

Some of those places are pretty good and reasonably authentic.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I was in Baja California not too long ago. I had some tacos from freshly caught fish that morning. Delicious. And fresh corn tortillas from Mexico...so superior to the commercial crap we get up here.

Too bad. They sell fresh tortillas all over the place in LA. I really fucking miss them.

We have those in Vancouver made by Mexican/Latino ex-pats who opened up restaurants here.

Some of those places are pretty good and reasonably authentic.

In my opinion, no matter how good an American tortilla is, it's just not the same.