This might be controversial, but sloppy Joes are better than hamberders

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Well, Sloppy Joe in the mid south used to be a loose meat ground beef sammich in tomato sauce, on a white bun. We had a variation that was done without tomato that was called a Maid-Rite, in a thin "clear gravy." But people from the East coast have told me a Sloppy Joe was a big deli sammich on rye that would feed several people.

Which kind are you thinking of?
Among my people of the upper left, a Sloppy Joe is basically Chili Con Carne between a toasted Burger Bun. I had a College Buddy that lived on those, he was addicted to Joe's.

When I was a poor as fuck single mom, I made sloppy Joe's for the girls and I made them with beef, tomato soup and whatever spices I had.

They actually loved it lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
There is a Falafal place in town here. Sad, it’s not very good.

Falafal wraps always sound good until you get them and remember why you dont like them. They are always just dry.

I picked up Lebanese cooking from a guy I was with years ago whose family was from Lebanon. One of things I make about once a month are chicken shawarma wraps. Everyone here loves those. I make grape leaves as well....I dont like them much but my family loves them.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Why is this thread down here, do you know?

Good question, pretty sure it was in General most of the day.
Seems like an odd moderating decision.

Because you people ruin everything.

So, Levon, are you gonna try and answer the outstanding questions I've left for you. I'm sure there's a few since you run away so often now.

Get offa my ankle, Reggie. I post when and where I like, as you know. Sometimes I do answer questions, but not usually insincere ones.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why is this thread down here, do you know?

Good question, pretty sure it was in General most of the day.
Seems like an odd moderating decision.

Because you people ruin everything.

So, Levon, are you gonna try and answer the outstanding questions I've left for you. I'm sure there's a few since you run away so often now.

Get offa my ankle, Reggie. I post when and where I like, as you know. Sometimes I do answer questions, but not usually insincere ones.

He's sincere as a $3 bill

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I was in Baja California not too long ago. I had some tacos from freshly caught fish that morning. Delicious. And fresh corn tortillas from Mexico...so superior to the commercial crap we get up here.
Is that where "Bajos" is? California? I had an undescribed tarantula with the common name "Bajos Big Bastard" I can't remember its Latin name... Very rare I've never seen them again and I always wondered what part of the Americas it hailed from...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I was in Baja California not too long ago. I had some tacos from freshly caught fish that morning. Delicious. And fresh corn tortillas from Mexico...so superior to the commercial crap we get up here.
Is that where "Bajos" is? California? I had an undescribed tarantula with the common name "Bajos Big Bastard" I can't remember its Latin name... Very rare I've never seen them again and I always wondered what part of the Americas it hailed from...

Probably. So, a teeny history lesson. When Spain was the colonial power, California was split into Alta California (present day US California) and Baja California (present day Mexico).

Many tarantulas come from the desert...Baja California is a narrow peninsula with a Sea of Cortez on one side and the mighty Pacific on the other.

It's really beautiful actually.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Change my mind.

I've always agreed, but that's because I don't like beef, and sloppy joes don't taste like a slab of beef.

However, there is this one restaurant near me that has the best hamburgers I have ever tasted, and I will eat a hamburger whenever we go there. They are sooooooooooooooooo good.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
No tortillas in Portugal ?

Yes, but they don't taste right. And they're not fresh. Although I have been informed that there is a Mexican family in Lisbon now with a tienda and they sell fresh tortillas. I may have to make a run. I have a California friend here who is going to San Diego. She is bringing back bags of fresh tortillas.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I never eat bread anymore. You probably can get fresh sour dough?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I never eat bread anymore. You probably can get fresh sour dough?

Fresh any kind of bread. And they will bring it to your door if you live outside of town. Every village has a bread truck. The bread is just baked, and very cheap. Rolls, loaves. Portuguese love bread. Every town has a signature kind of bread, too. Bread festivals. It's fantastic. They don't use much durum wheat here, so the bread has less gluten, and I feel less guilty eating it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Not here, sad to say. What about avocados?

Avocados are in abundance in Portugal. They grow them in the Algarve, and without the violence associated with Mexican avocados.

Was that really necessary? As long as the US is such a high consumer of drugs, someone will sell the avocadoes. The Cartels are trying, seemingly successfully, to overtake as many Mexican industries that they can. Violence is a tool that all criminals will turn to in order to dominate people.

If only the US would legalize drugs like Portugal did.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Avocados are in abundance in Portugal. They grow them in the Algarve, and without the violence associated with Mexican avocados.

Was that really necessary? As long as the US is such a high consumer of drugs, someone will sell the avocadoes. The Cartels are trying, seemingly successfully, to overtake as many Mexican industries that they can. Violence is a tool that all criminals will turn to in order to dominate people.

Was what really necessary? It's just a fact, and a sad one, that there is a lot of violence around avocado production in Mexico. It has nothing to do with anything other than facts.

I agree, the US should legalize drugs. It is nothing but greed on the part of some powerful business sectors in the US that restricts the use of drugs. I am very well of the part the US plays in Cartel activity, and have posted about it before.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Was what really necessary? It's just a fact, and a sad one, that there is a lot of violence around avocado production in Mexico. It has nothing to do with anything other than facts.

I agree, the US should legalize drugs. It is nothing but greed on the part of some powerful business sectors in the US that restricts the use of drugs.

Any comment of that kind feeds the immature and racist narratives of the conservatives at this forum.