Two not-ill, youngish women get assisted suicide in Switzerland

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Interesting they are making a link between these deaths that shocked their family and friends with the organ black market.

I have to agree that it’s odd 2 women got their eyelashes done and were celebrating in the airport with Champaign before they left for what would be their last trip.

As for the medically assisted suicides, I have no issue with them. It’s a personal choice, like abortion, and it’s really none of our business since medical treatment is private and that right to privacy is backed by our constitution. It is also my experience that if someone wants to die, they are going to keep trying until they succeed. I prefer to let them die with dignity.

Do ya think the real reason most countries don't allow suicides is it simply aint profitable @Murdock?

Plus they couldn't collect on unpaid debts?

It's like..."Hey! He committed suicide owing the bank $10,000,000! How we gonna collect now?! And his court date was scheduled for next week!"

Like...if it was legalized a lot more people would be doing it to escape their financial and legal obligations, eh?

you make an excellent point, Joe…

financial issues are probably the main cause of suicide

debt is the curency of slaves

And a lot of debt for the average person is medical debt...
The 3 main FICO based Fair Isaac Credit Reporting Agencies, just decided to no longer deduct from Credit Scores for delinquent medical debt. Because it impacts more people than any of you might realize.

Good! I'm lucky to have good health insurance with low co-pays, meds, etc.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Interesting they are making a link between these deaths that shocked their family and friends with the organ black market.

I have to agree that it’s odd 2 women got their eyelashes done and were celebrating in the airport with Champaign before they left for what would be their last trip.

As for the medically assisted suicides, I have no issue with them. It’s a personal choice, like abortion, and it’s really none of our business since medical treatment is private and that right to privacy is backed by our constitution. It is also my experience that if someone wants to die, they are going to keep trying until they succeed. I prefer to let them die with dignity.

Do ya think the real reason most countries don't allow suicides is it simply aint profitable @Murdock?

It's like..."Hey! He committed suicide owing the bank $10,000,000! How we gonna collect now?! And his court date was scheduled for next week!"

Like...if it was legalized a lot more people would be doing it to escape their financial and legal obligations, eh?

kill yourself cuz 'debts'?

if im that desperate id start robbing banks 2 settle them and if i die trying, no biggy
Easy to say now, but wait till they've garnished your paycheck, taken your car and kicked you out of your home and cut off your phone.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

if im that desperate id start robbing banks 2 settle them and if i die trying, no biggy
Easy to say now, but wait till they've garnished your paycheck, taken your car and kicked you out of your home and cut off your phone.
thats a valid reason 2 cash in?

and what sort of 'i cant find rope or tie a knot' idiot needs assistance killing themselves? sleeping pills, warm bath, razor and some mozart - done

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

and what sort of 'i cant find rope or tie a knot' idiot needs assistance killing themselves? sleeping pills, warm bath, razor and some mozart - done

With assisted suicide I'm guessing they don't leave the visual trauma for family members or even the everyday horror for paramedics or cops.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Wouldn’t it stand to reason that a person with 11k to off themselves wouldn’t be having their phone and lights cutoff to begin with?

you know,cause they have 11k ?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I'm not justifying their decision in the slightest, I am simply sharing a tragic story. There is a difference.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

With assisted suicide I'm guessing they don't leave the visual trauma for family members or even the everyday horror for paramedics or cops.
As I understand the law it is not written in any way allow a "normal" Suicide under the death with dignity act, There has to be 2 diagnoses of an impending terminal death, not just "gosh I fucked and now I am sad, goodbye world" And 2 Doctors signing the lethal concoction script.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im sure we all know ppl who took their own life as a final solution 2 a temporary problem

anyway this thread made me think about them and it bothers me

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Gall darned internet! I login to FB a few minutes ago and this is one of the first things in my feed..the story of the bright young wife who moved to Oregon in this link, and a few other noteworthy cases

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Thanks FBI Surveillance tech.!

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
im sure we all know ppl who took their own life as a final solution 2 a temporary problem

One of my oldest friends in the world (we'd not been is close contact the last few years he was alive, but we'd meet up once or twice a year maybe) He fell off the wagon hard, and thought his lifelong love he had just been reacquainted with gave him the boot....he hung himself.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

One of my oldest friends in the world (we'd not been is close contact the last few years he was alive, but we'd meet up once or twice a year maybe) He fell off the wagon hard, and thought his lifelong love he had just been reacquainted with gave him the boot....he hung himself.
and at that moment it probably made perfect sense doing that, no thought 2 broken hearts or ppl blaming themselves in his wake. and likely drunk...

they r kinda like these ppl who light themselves on fire then start screaming and rolling 2 put it out when they feel it - 'wtf was i thinking?!'

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

There was a forum member that was my e-friend that talked about killing himself for years. He just seemed to have some obligations that he wanted to take care of first. I think most people thought it was a troll. Some even urged him on. I could never understand that.

Somehow I just knew it wasn't. He had his own forum, I think he was banned from the original forum. He ran it for awhile and then one day, someone posted that the poster had ended his life in the previous days. The forum would go down automatically when the timeframe came to renew again.

It was devastating to me.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

There was a forum member that was my e-friend that talked about killing himself for years. He just seemed to have some obligations that he wanted to take care of first. I think most people thought it was a troll. Some even urged him on. I could never understand that.

Somehow I just knew it wasn't. He had his own forum, I think he was banned from the original forum. He ran it for awhile and then one day, someone posted that the poster had ended his life in the previous days. The forum would go down automatically when the timeframe came to renew again.

That was for me too, He and I sort of had our own Stubby vs. Admin. pillowfight thing going for quite a while, I couldn't help wonder were all those insults I hurled at him, a piece of his puzzle? I hope not, he gave as good or better than he got. RIP Fellow Chatroom Warrior..

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That was for me too, He and I sort of had our own Stubby vs. Admin. pillowfight thing going for quite a while, I couldn't help wonder were all those insults I hurled at him, a piece of his puzzle? I hope not, he gave as good or better than he got. RIP Fellow Chatroom Warrior..

I don't think anything anyone online said to him had anything to do with it. He carried this monster on his back since childhood.

As for the comparison, I think it's an unfair one if I may say so. BigDog was quite intelligent.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I don't think anything anyone online said to him had anything to do with it. He carried this monster on his back since childhood.

As for the comparison, I think it's an unfair one if I may say so. BigDog was quite intelligent.
Very much agree he was smart and often interesting person, it isn't a fair head to head comparison, just the online antics between us were comparable, I think BigDog and I had sort of mutual respect for each other, and the the constant taunting and insults between us, cooled down to a dull roar after a while

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It's very unethical and predatory.

You know suicide attempt survivors are pretty much always glad they didnt die once they receive treatment for what ever caused the suicidal thinking.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Supposedly a smack overdose is one of the most pleasant ways to go, if I was terminally ill, that would be my ticket out of here.

That's the beauty of hospice. You spend your final days surrounded by family and loaded with liquid morphine and likely a topical benzodiazepine.

Eventually the drugs help finish you off.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

The 3 main FICO based Fair Isaac Credit Reporting Agencies, just decided to no longer deduct from Credit Scores for delinquent medical debt. Because it impacts more people than any of you might realize.

How would you know what we "realize"? You dont talk to us like we are normal people. Js.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Supposedly a smack overdose is one of the most pleasant ways to go, if I was terminally ill, that would be my ticket out of here.

That's the beauty of hospice. You spend your final days surrounded by family and loaded with liquid morphine and likely a topical benzodiazepine.

its so cold, drawn out and grim tho
'hospice'...ugh the house of no hope

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

How would you know what we "realize"? You dont talk to us like we are normal people. Js.
The YOU was rhetorical, you ditz. I understand I am not the only person that has some understanding of how those things work, having spent most of my adult life dealing with this topic, I probably have a clearer understand of credit scores.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hospice swooped in for my Mom in her very final stages of life, and they were like Angels coming down from heaven, my only regret is I might have called them in sooner than I did. No one gets out alive.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I'm not justifying their decision in the slightest, I am simply sharing a tragic story. There is a difference.

A father of 4 here in Michigan who was alone with his children, laid off and broke and had no where to go killed himself hoping that with him dead, his children would end up having a better life.

We have so many outreaches that cater to women with children and nothing at all like that for men with children. And with more and more dads finding themselves on their own with their children....we really need it.

The mission I went through accommodates men with children. But there is never enough room. For a while I worked the desk and I had to tell these men....and women with children living in their car, that we didnt have room. I had to stop after 4 months because I just couldnt hear those desperate voices pleading for help and telling them there was no room and nothing I could do. :(

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Oh no! Not at all. I love hospice care. I even worked in hospice.

Its completely centered on the dying person's comfort and making their last days as comfortable as possible and hospice even prepares and works with the family and provides support for healthy grieving.

It's absolutely wonderful.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i wanna go out like thelma & louise but 102 while im pushing the gas peddle lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

The YOU was rhetorical, you ditz. I understand I am not the only person that has some understanding of how those things work, having spent most of my adult life dealing with this topic, I probably have a clearer understand of credit scores.

I know. I'm giving you a hard time :ThumbsUp1:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

A father of 4 here in Michigan who was alone with his children, laid off and broke and had no where to go killed himself hoping that with him dead, his children would end up having a better life.

We have so many outreaches that cater to women with children and nothing at all like that for men with children. And with more and more dads finding themselves on their own with their children....we really need it.

The mission I went through accommodates men with children. But there is never enough room. For a while I worked the desk and I had to tell these men....and women with children living in their car, that we didnt have room. I had to stop after 4 months because I just couldnt hear those desperate voices pleading for help and telling them there was no room and nothing I could do. :(
Not exactly the same level of grief, but I can't tell you how many times I have sat with a desperate family with young kids, or young single mothers(the biggest heartbreak for us) That really need transportation, To sit and look these people I have spent quite a bit of time with and pored over their work history, and why this bad debt and this one, and then have tell to them I want to help you believe me my job is all about putting you in a car, but I can't help you at this time. I've had Mom's and Dad's and kids crying there eyes out in right in front of me.....it ain't easy.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's very unethical and predatory.

You know suicide attempt survivors are pretty much always glad they didnt die once they receive treatment for what ever caused the suicidal thinking.

The drug Nembutal must be the suicider's best friend eh @Dove?

Apparently it's a painless method which makes it all too easy to exit this world. That's how Marilyn Monroe killed herself. And it was banned from the US shortly afterwards.

I just think they don't wanna make it that easy for people cuz it allows em to walk away from their debts & obligations.

If the society were truly concerned about the persons life they'd ban a Lotta other vices too.