Two not-ill, youngish women get assisted suicide in Switzerland

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Supposedly a smack overdose is one of the most pleasant ways to go, if I was terminally ill, that would be my ticket out of here.

That's the beauty of hospice. You spend your final days surrounded by family and loaded with liquid morphine and likely a topical benzodiazepine.

Eventually the drugs help finish you off.
its so cold, drawn out and grim tho
'hospice'...ugh the house of no hope
Hospice swooped in for my Mom in her very final stages of life, and they were like Angels coming down from heaven, my only regret is I might have called them in sooner than I did. No one gets out alive.

i was my grandmothers power of attorney in those last days so i know what u mean. they knew my burden and how 2 handle her, and me

i didnt sleep for 72 hrs and delayed it as long as i could until even i realized it was selfish for hanging on

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Interesting they are making a link between these deaths that shocked their family and friends with the organ black market.

I have to agree that it’s odd 2 women got their eyelashes done and were celebrating in the airport with Champaign before they left for what would be their last trip.

As for the medically assisted suicides, I have no issue with them. It’s a personal choice, like abortion, and it’s really none of our business since medical treatment is private and that right to privacy is backed by our constitution. It is also my experience that if someone wants to die, they are going to keep trying until they succeed. I prefer to let them die with dignity.

Do ya think the real reason most countries don't allow suicides is it simply aint profitable @Murdock?

Plus they couldn't collect on unpaid debts?

It's like..."Hey! He committed suicide owing the bank $10,000,000! How we gonna collect now?! And his court date was scheduled for next week!"

Like...if it was legalized a lot more people would be doing it to escape their financial and legal obligations, eh?

It's very unethical and predatory.

You know suicide attempt survivors are pretty much always glad they didnt die once they receive treatment for what ever caused the suicidal thinking.

The drug Nembutal must be the suicider's best friend eh @Dove?

Apparently it's a painless method which makes it all too easy to exit this world. That's how Marilyn Monroe killed herself. And it was banned from the US shortly afterwards.

I just think they don't wanna make it that easy for people cuz it allows em to walk away from their debts & obligations.

If the society were truly concerned about the persons life they'd ban a Lotta other vices too.
here u go

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Interesting they are making a link between these deaths that shocked their family and friends with the organ black market.

I have to agree that it’s odd 2 women got their eyelashes done and were celebrating in the airport with Champaign before they left for what would be their last trip.

As for the medically assisted suicides, I have no issue with them. It’s a personal choice, like abortion, and it’s really none of our business since medical treatment is private and that right to privacy is backed by our constitution. It is also my experience that if someone wants to die, they are going to keep trying until they succeed. I prefer to let them die with dignity.

Do ya think the real reason most countries don't allow suicides is it simply aint profitable @Murdock?

It's like..."Hey! He committed suicide owing the bank $10,000,000! How we gonna collect now?! And his court date was scheduled for next week!"

Like...if it was legalized a lot more people would be doing it to escape their financial and legal obligations, eh?

You know suicide attempt survivors are pretty much always glad they didnt die once they receive treatment for what ever caused the suicidal thinking.

Apparently it's a painless method which makes it all too easy to exit this world. That's how Marilyn Monroe killed herself. And it was banned from the US shortly afterwards.

I just think they don't wanna make it that easy for people cuz it allows em to walk away from their debts & obligations.

If the society were truly concerned about the persons life they'd ban a Lotta other vices too.

If I was going to unalive myself, i would go get a bag of heroin and some xanax. Dilute it all together and just bang an amount I know I have no tolerance for. And make sure i went somewhere that i wouldnt be found until i was too dead to revive. Probably go off into the woods deep enough to know i wouldnt be found until i was mostly consumed by animals. Something about rotting in the woods just feels so natural. I'd probably get naked first and fold my clothes. Just to fuck with the poor bastards who find me.

Not that i sit around thinking about it.....at least not anymore :D

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
As society keeps losing all of its morals and values, human life becomes worthless.

When you convince people there's no consequence to their actions after they're dead and that their lives are completely meaningless and we're actually a "virus" or a "cancer" on this planet as many say, what do you think will start happening?

But unfortunately, we also live in a world of imbeciles being led by some of the worst individuals this world has ever seen, both insisting that all of this evil is normal and the solution to all problems.

Well, I guess problems will be solved when there's no more people with problems, right?

Great new future. Have a problem? Kill yourself.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

If I was going to unalive myself, i would go get a bag of heroin and some xanax. Dilute it all together and just bang an amount I know I have no tolerance for. And make sure i went somewhere that i wouldnt be found until i was too dead to revive. Probably go off into the woods deep enough to know i wouldnt be found until i was mostly consumed by animals. Something about rotting in the woods just feels so natural. I'd probably get naked first and fold my clothes. Just to fuck with the poor bastards who find me.

I remember reading about some partier in the States who racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loan debt & probably with other creditors too. Well, when the us government sent their agents after him he was found dead of a drug overdose the final tab his decadent habits and good times left to the American taxpayer & government.

Kinda tragic comic but at least he had a good time while he was here.

Went out with a bang, that's fer sure.

I think they were really pissed off at him too.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
As society keeps losing all of its morals and values, human life becomes worthless.

When you convince people there's no consequence to their actions after they're dead and that their lives are completely meaningless and we're actually a "virus" or a "cancer" on this planet as many say, what do you think will start happening?

But unfortunately, we also live in a world of imbeciles being led by some of the worst individuals this world has ever seen, both insisting that all of this evil is normal and the solution to all problems.

Well, I guess problems will be solved when there's no more people with problems, right?

“Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For (
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
)blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 (
)Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And (
)obtains favor from the Lord;
36 But he who sins against me (
)wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”

Proverbs 8.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

that sounds perfect if ur alone in life, but ofc u cant when u have ppl who love u

in nyc they have an island where they bury the unknown & unloved called, 'potters field'

my bf camped overnight on it once and said it was haunted af lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

that sounds perfect if ur alone in life, but ofc u cant when u have ppl who love u

in nyc they have an island where they bury the unknown & unloved called, 'potters field'

People are only as alone as they want to be.

I thought potters graves were for very poor people.....makes sense they'd bury unknowns there as well.

The only cemetery that ever gave me the creeps was the St. Lious cemetery in New Orleans. Where the voodoo queen is buried. It's a really place to check out, though.

And this cemetery would be fun to visit

X

xXx
Site Supporter
assisted suicide is a slippery slope against the sanctity of human life

once we legitimize the idea of it, next comes encouraging it and in a few generations we will be euthanizing ppl at 65 'for the good of society'
well said lady
kudos :ThumbsUp1:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
To me, assisted suicide SHOULD be a thing everywhere as long as the patient has a terminal illness that will lead to a slow agonising death and as long as they're coherent enough to understand their request... Allowing fit people to do it is sick tbh, making money from the death of people clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness is deplorable...

I'm pretty close to where you are on this issue.

The only thing is what if people are mentally ill and tired of living the crazy life, in and out of hospitals, on the streets.

What if they wanted to literally get off that rollercoaster of existence?
Your response reminds me of a couple bright young Portlanders, whose short term addiction and money problems led them to commit suicide with a crowd of hundreds watching in horror.

Reminds of this horrible incident

There is a forum on the TOR browser devoted to suicide. Its suicidal people discussing and encouraging suicide and methods and even videoing it to share with the board. It's one of the most disturbing forums I've seen. Its very....very dark.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The creditors still want their money back dead or alive....

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

People are only as alone as they want to be.

I thought potters graves were for very poor people.....makes sense they'd bury unknowns there as well.

The only cemetery that ever gave me the creeps was the St. Lious cemetery in New Orleans. Where the voodoo queen is buried. It's a really place to check out, though.

And this cemetery would be fun to visit

yes, the poor too...so depressing :/

ugh just from these posts im in for a dark dream tonight that will haunt me tomorrow

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️

Several hundred years ago, some of my ancestors would ride around their estate and god forbid if they found "squatters" living on their lands they could be dealt with as the Earl so wished, they could be brutally beaten in barbaric ways for trying to take a downed log for a homefire, and often were, house servants were punished cruelly for the slightest offenses, because Madam had a burr up her ass. Being shitty to your underlings was not entirely invented with slavery, but just even more inhumanly administered.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Suicide is a difficult topic to philosophizate.

But this is one of my takes, after a very coldly intellectual fashion. If someone is determined to commit suicide, isn't it better to do it in a controlled situation, rather than involving people who find the body, first responders, etc. etc, all of whom will be traumatized in some way, and all of which will cost money (body removal and care, clean up, inquests, etc.)?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Suicide is a difficult topic to philosophizate.

But this is one of my takes, after a very coldly intellectual fashion. If someone is determined to commit suicide, isn't it better to do it in a controlled situation, rather than involving people who find the body, first responders, etc. etc, all of whom will be traumatized in some way, and all of which will cost money (body removal and care, clean up, inquests, etc.)?

Think about the people who attempt suicide and fail, who get resussed and rescued and finally get the help they need, and go on to live productive and happy lives managing their mental illness or trauma (or both) and are glad to be alive.

Believe me, it's really easy if you've endured a serious trauma to want to end your life. PTSD is like living in a perpetual state of fight/flight peppered by deep depression and when you are in that place you really have no hope that you'll ever recover. You know other people do, but you dont see yourself ever recovering. You cant even imagine it. That's part of the trauma.

Otherwise I would agree with you. If someone is determined to kill themselves, they are gonna do it regardless. Or at least attempt it. But if we had a controlled environment for this and it was legal and accessible to anyone(because I stand by allowing terminal patients to die with dignity how they wish) think about all the attempts that would end up successful. All the people who would be dead, never getting the help that could have turned their lives around.

Instead of failed attempts, they would just go pay to have it done right and they'd be gone. People who would have never wanted to die if not for an untreated mental illness and/or trauma. And even with evals....people suffering severe depression/anxiety/PTSD know exactly how to play the professionals. It's done all the time to avoid involuntary hospitalization. Playing the game, telling them what you know they want to hear so you can get the result you want from them.

The fact that suicide isnt legal or made easy is often the only deterrent for many people going through something that overwhelms them. If it were as easy as going to a tanning booth....that would change. And it could make many people who wouldnt have been determined to kill themselves now determined to kill themselves. When people say things like "well I couldnt kill myself because that would be messy and traumatize my family" or "I just couldnt bring myself to do it, good thing I didnt have a person to do it for me" they really mean that. It sounds like humor and it is....but they are also serious.

Having people able to make this life/death decision for themselves while they are under the influence of a serious mental illness/trauma would have very very tragic results. The blockers that exist for suicide are the reasons thousands of people are probably still with us. That and being found in time. If they were able to just go get it done....they'd be gone.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
1*yVkT0FMxWTXCBw0aR8qhtQ.gif