Two not-ill, youngish women get assisted suicide in Switzerland

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The sisters, as it turns out, did not suffer from terminal illness, and each paid more than $11,000 to the Pegasos voluntary assisted dying (VAD) clinic in Basel, Switzerland. Pegasos is one of three clinics in Switzerland—where assisted suicide is legal—that cater to foreign clients who can afford their services. It is one of two such clinics that do not require clients to suffer from terminal illness.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Dr Pegasos needs his license suspended indefinitely. In a time when people worldwide, want a humane and legal option to prevent further pain and suffering of their loved ones, and when all other avenues to sustain a healthy and normal life have been exhausted…this fucking goose does something like this. This is gross and negligent medical malpractice. Simple as that…

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
To me, assisted suicide SHOULD be a thing everywhere as long as the patient has a terminal illness that will lead to a slow agonising death and as long as they're coherent enough to understand their request... Allowing fit people to do it is sick tbh, making money from the death of people clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness is deplorable...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Break and Shamp already said everything I would have to say about this.

It's disgusting. And exploitation.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Interesting they are making a link between these deaths that shocked their family and friends with the organ black market.

I have to agree that it’s odd 2 women got their eyelashes done and were celebrating in the airport with Champaign before they left for what would be their last trip.

As for the medically assisted suicides, I have no issue with them. It’s a personal choice, like abortion, and it’s really none of our business since medical treatment is private and that right to privacy is backed by our constitution. It is also my experience that if someone wants to die, they are going to keep trying until they succeed. I prefer to let them die with dignity.

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
Interesting they are making a link between these deaths that shocked their family and friends with the organ black market.

I have to agree that it’s odd 2 women got their eyelashes done and were celebrating in the airport with Champaign before they left for what would be their last trip.

As for the medically assisted suicides, I have no issue with them. It’s a personal choice, like abortion, and it’s really none of our business since medical treatment is private and that right to privacy is backed by our constitution. It is also my experience that if someone wants to die, they are going to keep trying until they succeed. I prefer to let them die with dignity.
Oregon has allowed assisted suicide for decades, there was no avalanche of death as some predicted, the numbers of people choosing the option has been steady at around 100 per year. Of the 100 on avg. about 40% don’t suicide, but rested more comfortably knowing the option was just waiting for the patient to take to option.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Do ya think the real reason most countries don't allow suicides is it simply aint profitable @Murdock?

Plus they couldn't collect on unpaid debts?

It's like..."Hey! He committed suicide owing the bank $10,000,000! How we gonna collect now?! And his court date was scheduled for next week!"

Like...if it was legalized a lot more people would be doing it to escape their financial and legal obligations, eh?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Not to turn this into a political subject but

It's really amazing how it's considered an atrocity to assist someone with something they're more than likely going to do anyway but not even a second thought when someone needs assistance to kill another person who hasn't agreed to their own killing all in the name of personal convenience

Dunno, I'm having trouble reconciing the faux outrage and hypocrisy here.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Supposedly a smack overdose is one of the most pleasant ways to go, if I was terminally ill, that would be my ticket out of here.
And Ironically, there's a certain group that wants to legalize that kind of drug in this country and want to see the dealers of such a drug remain free of criminal consequence

so how is this any different from this Pegasus guy?

Again, just pointing out the obvious discrepancies in all the faux outrage here

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Not to turn this into a political subject but

It's really amazing how it's considered an atrocity to assist someone with something they're more than likely going to do anyway but not even a second thought when someone needs assistance to kill another person who hasn't agreed to their own killing all in the name of personal convenience

Dunno, I'm having trouble reconciing the faux outrage and hypocrisy here.
As a College Graduate (not in Biology, sadly) I am having trouble discerning what your point is.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Supposedly a smack overdose is one of the most pleasant ways to go, if I was terminally ill, that would be my ticket out of here.
And Ironically, there's a certain group that wants to legalize that kind of drug in this country and want to see the dealers of such a drug remain free of criminal consequence

...and think of all the bill collectors who couldn't collect on unpaid debts Bigly?

Why...the legal profession in America would go broke!

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

...and think of all the bill collectors who couldn't collect on unpaid debts Bigly?

They could always declare bankruptcy you know

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

And yet they still make money from bankruptcy proceedings.

I actually think they don't try to prevent suicides out of humanitarian concerns.

It's all about money.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I actually think they don't try to prevent suicides out of humanitarian concerns.

It's all about money.
Let's stay on topic here..

how is this Pegasus guy any more of a criminal when he administers life ending drugs to consenting ADULTS than some asshole on the street who does the same but doesn't care if it happens to be a child he's selling to.

Again, I'm wrestling with the faux outrage here

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

It's all about money.

how is this Pegasus guy any more of a criminal when he administers life ending drugs to consenting ADULTS than some asshole on the street who does the same but doesn't care if it happens to be a child he's selling to.

Try a bigger hammer, Bigly.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

It's all about money.

Try a bigger hammer, Bigly.
Try confining your drooling spam to the downstairs area of the forum, noodles.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
To me, assisted suicide SHOULD be a thing everywhere as long as the patient has a terminal illness that will lead to a slow agonising death and as long as they're coherent enough to understand their request... Allowing fit people to do it is sick tbh, making money from the death of people clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness is deplorable...

I'm pretty close to where you are on this issue.

The only thing is what if people are mentally ill and tired of living the crazy life, in and out of hospitals, on the streets.

What if they wanted to literally get off that rollercoaster of existence?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
assisted suicide is a slippery slope against the sanctity of human life

once we legitimize the idea of it, next comes encouraging it and in a few generations we will be euthanizing ppl at 65 'for the good of society'

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

once we legitimize the idea of it, next comes encouraging it and in a few generations we will be euthanizing ppl at 65 'for the good of society'

Do we really treat life as if it is sacred though? If life were actually seen as sacred, this world wouldn't be so screwed up. Every individual would be treated with dignity and respect.

Humans don't treat one another as if life were truly sacred.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I'm pretty close to where you are on this issue.

The only thing is what if people are mentally ill and tired of living the crazy life, in and out of hospitals, on the streets.

What if they wanted to literally get off that rollercoaster of existence?
Your response reminds me of a couple bright young Portlanders, whose short term addiction and money problems led them to commit suicide with a crowd of hundreds watching in horror.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Do ya think the real reason most countries don't allow suicides is it simply aint profitable @Murdock?

It's like..."Hey! He committed suicide owing the bank $10,000,000! How we gonna collect now?! And his court date was scheduled for next week!"

Like...if it was legalized a lot more people would be doing it to escape their financial and legal obligations, eh?

you make an excellent point, Joe…

financial issues are probably the main cause of suicide

debt is the curency of slaves

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

And a lot of debt for the average person is medical debt...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

kill yourself cuz 'debts'?

if im that desperate id start robbing banks 2 settle them and if i die trying, no biggy

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Sounds a lot like……..

ah. Nevermind

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

And a lot of debt for the average person is medical debt...
The 3 main FICO based Fair Isaac Credit Reporting Agencies, just decided to no longer deduct from Credit Scores for delinquent medical debt. Because it impacts more people than any of you might realize.