US Pop - More Than Doubled in 1 Lifetime and Still Swelling - Why?

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Is this amount of fruitfulness really necessary?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

WASHINGTON — At 12:01 a.m. Eastern time, precisely 72 years after enumerators began knocking on the doors of some 46 million American houses and apartments, the federal government made public what they learned: the ages, incomes, addresses, ancestry and a trove of other facts about the 150.7 million people who were counted in the 1950 census.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I guess reproduction choices are only sacred if you wanna kill your preborn offspring but not if you want to birth them.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I thought this was a thread about pop music. lol

No, the world population definitely is out of control. Not sustainable.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

Thank gods it's you who replied. I was worried some freaked out bible beaters might try to turn this thread political like they did the Conservatives Stuck in the 30's thread - apparently.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Thank gods it's you who replied. I was worried some freaked out bible beaters might try to turn this thread political like they did the Conservatives Stuck in the 30's thread - apparently.
Mentioning a political side in the title is NOT politics in your book? :facepalm: I know you're desperate to carry on with all things political but you're not doing it in this section, instead of getting all upset about it just use your head and you'll figure out where you can still post that sort of stuff...

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

Mentioning a political side in the title is NOT politics in your book? :facepalm: I know you're desperate to carry on with all things political but you're not doing it in this section, instead of getting all upset about it just use your head and you'll figure out where you can still post that sort of stuff...
Who mentioned a political "side" in what title, junior?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

"conservatives stuck in the 30s" fs

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

"conservatives stuck in the 30s" fs
This refers to spiritual and sociological development. It only becomes political on lower levels of human activity. I make this quite clear over and over, Conservative and Liberal refer to spiritual development in my vernacular. Conservatives being essential the new/unevolved/babies of this world, or undeveloped individuals.

PS: btw, The Gen Dis board is always the "anything goes" board, as far as subject is concerned, unless there is a designated sub-board.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I thought it was going to be a thread about inflation and the cost of soft drinks....

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

WASHINGTON — At 12:01 a.m. Eastern time, precisely 72 years after enumerators began knocking on the doors of some 46 million American houses and apartments, the federal government made public what they learned: the ages, incomes, addresses, ancestry and a trove of other facts about the 150.7 million people who were counted in the 1950 census.

The United States has grown at the lowest numbers in US history. I just read an article this week where a scientist is predicting a human mass extinction in the next century.

I've known for years that the prediction for this 7-8 billion population was to be halved by 2100...

I'm thinking that we're a lot more fragile than any would care to believe.

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

The United States has grown at the lowest numbers in US history. I just read an article this week where a scientist is predicting a human mass extinction in the next century.

I've known for years that the prediction for this 7-8 billion population was to be halved by 2100...

I think our recent pandemic should underscore that, as only one possible gran finale'

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I reason is that population growth itself, and what enabled it being so poorly regulated, became the seeds of our own destruction.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Over-population has definitively contributed to climate change, which in turn will certainly contribute to the mass extinction event we face.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I reason is that population growth itself, and what enabled it being so poorly regulated, became the seeds of our own destruction.

But a potential mass extinction of humans, scary. It's conceivable my grandson could live to see the beginning of the end. I almost had a sense of anguish as I read that prediction.

It's too close for comfort.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Both of my kids are hesitant about having kids because they don't see much of a future.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Both of my kids are hesitant about having kids because they don't see much of a future.

I don't blame them. I'm sure that makes you sad though.

It makes me very sad. But, I don't blame them, either.

Maybe one of them will feel a spark of hope. It won't happen soon as we edge toward a world war.

Unfortunately, the people that refuse to see what's coming down the pike are the ones that will continue to have children.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's probably a major reason why houses are no longer $10,000 & a months rent costs more than a down payment on a home too.

I bet with all the illegal immigrants not counted in the census the actual US population is much higher than that.

US is an example of a country which has met it's saturation point. On the other hand Canada is one which is still under populated, has a ways to go and still needs immigrants or more people to sustain it.

However much of Canada is barely habitable because of inhospitable winters. So of course everybody wants to move to Hawaii, California, Arizona, Texas or Florida & the US continues to grow & get inundated with migrants & immigrants.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Good to see libs still following the rules and showing respect for the owner

<insert applause emoji here>

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I don't blame them. I'm sure that makes you sad though.

It makes me very sad. But, I don't blame them, either.
I blame capitalism whose only aim is profits. It can see that far, but has no real foresight, or concern for the consequence of it's actions.

I understand what you're saying there re: your kids and children, but frankly their making a reasonable decision will not stop lesser worthy people from going right ahead and baking a dozen.
..and that is the future. I'm pretty sure that means I'm a racist, right? I'm talking down about the poor unthinking and selfish race.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

He is an idiot. Comes to a board he knows isnt a left wing echo chamber and whines and bitches if anyone who disagrees with him posts.

Typical really