Useful information thread

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I read an article that discussed a study that studied the relationship between "pink noise" and insomniacs. Pink noise includes white noise, sound of rain, ocean waves, and other nature sounds. Those that listened to pink noise as they drifted off to sleep in the study showed improved memory and improved sleeping through the night. I have a Spotify account, plugged my phone in and listened to gentle rain. Two nights in a row where I have slept through the night. Fantastic. I tend to wake up 2-3 times a night, several times per week. If it helped me, it's possible it helps others.

Last edited:

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Research has been done supporting this theory...

“The room was very quiet. I walked over to the TV set and turned it on to a dead channel-white noise at maximum decibels, a fine sound for sleeping, a powerful continuous hiss to drown out everything strange.”

― Hunter S. Thompson,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
5237.jpg

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Research has been done supporting this theory...

“The room was very quiet. I walked over to the TV set and turned it on to a dead channel-white noise at maximum decibels, a fine sound for sleeping, a powerful continuous hiss to drown out everything strange.”

― Hunter S. Thompson,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
5237.jpg

He was quite the researcher, wasn't he?

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Where I live it’s been raining nonstop for about a week, it does that allot so I don’t need to plug nothing in, but I agree the sound of it is cosy, as for whale song , I couldn’t sleep with that sound cos it makes me laugh, I’ve no idea why, some people think it’s beautiful, I’ll stick with my fat dirty skunk spliff...