Welcome to living in interesting times

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
And what will Ukraine do when we find ourselves with our backs up against the wall?

Side with anyone who can continue to fund their criminal organization. Including Russia.

But don't tell that to the lemmings around here because Putin is Orange Man Bad.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
But its not that simple @Garraty_47 & @Biggie Smiles .

What keeps America going is its partners like Japan Europe & Canada keep buying your debt to ensure global stability. We are your cash reserves even if America is broke. i suspect this is done because its allies fear beahemoths like China & Russia taking over. The US does not stand entirely alone as it gets by with a little help from its friends.

Thats what WWII was about. Competing currency blocs seeing which one would take over as the UK pound crumbled after which the US$ emerged the winner.

A collapse of the dollar might lead to a similar conflict if China thinks it can topple the a dominant currency just as Germany thought it could in the 1940s

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yawn. The dollar is going to remain the world reserve currency for no other reason than there is no possible replacement. Everyone else is in far worse shape.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
But its not that simple @Garraty_47 & @Biggie Smiles .

What keeps America going is its partners like Japan Europe & Canada keep buying your debt to ensure global stability. We are your cash reserves even if America is broke. i suspect this is done because its allies fear beahemoths like China & Russia taking over. The US does not stand entirely alone as it gets by with a little help from its friends.

Thats what WWII was about. Competing currency blocs seeing which one would take over as the UK pound crumbled after which the US$ emerged the winner.

A collapse of the dollar might lead to a similar conflict if China thinks it can topple the a dominant currency just as Germany thought it could in the 1940s

You're ignoring a lot of history since the 1940s, especially the part where we're now a fiat currency issuer.

The dollar is based on fuckall except the *appearance* of strength.
When that illusion of strength erodes there's nothing to stop the free fall.
We've been abusing our position as issuer of the world's reserve currency and the world is sick of our shit, as demonstrated by the establishment of the BRICS block and the Saudis even *talking* about accepting payment in any other currency for their oil.

Also, look at the arm-twisting and straight up blackmail USA tried to use to get African nations onboard with the Ukraine proxy war but *still* came up short. Do you think we're making friends in Europe by intimidating them into going along with Russian sanctions, blowing up the Nordstream2 pipeline, then selling them *our* gas at highly inflated prices?

There's hardly a country on Earth we haven't bombed and/or invaded and/or occupied and/or facilitated a coup and/or destabilized and/or fucked over in some way.

Do you really think that's sustainable?
Because I'm frankly amazed we haven't been knocked down a few pegs long before now.
We sure as fuck deserve it.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Yawn. The dollar is going to remain the world reserve currency for no other reason than there is no possible replacement.

Until there is. /shrug

Everyone else is in far worse shape.

Only because we are, at the moment, the world's solitary reserve currency.
Without that buffer we're in the same boat or worse off than everyone else.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
By & large Europe does not like Putin or Russia @Garraty_47 . And thats probably an understatement. Europe blames its current economic woes on Russia. Putin wanted to freeze Europe in the dark and I dont think theyre going to forget that for a long long time.

Putin appears to have way more fans in America than in Europe where he has relatively few supporters.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The EU did much of the damage with their own stupidity and radical green agenda. Refusing to frack, refusing to diversify natural gas supplies, trying to kill nuclear power which is safe clean and abundant, regulating industry to death, etc... We can add wasting tens of not hundreds of billions on "green renewable energy" which absolutely does not work in places like Germany.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Yawn. The dollar is going to remain the world reserve currency for no other reason than there is no possible replacement. Everyone else is in far worse shape.

Wishful thinking.... follow the reserves bulking up on gold over many years and that will tell you who has eyes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons..

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
By & large Europe does not like Putin or Russia @Garraty_47 . And thats probably an understatement. Europe blames its current economic woes on Russia. Putin wanted to freeze Europe in the dark and I dont think theyre going to forget that for a long long time.

Putin appears to have way more fans in America than in Europe where he has relatively few supporters.

Putin wanted to sell petroleum products and he was sanctioned. Since then, Western nations have sanctioned their own households and industries while instigating a proxy war with Russia.

Russia is well within their rights to not sell to antagonistic regimes trying to orchestrate Russia's downfall, even if the West didn't eventually blow up Nordstream in a massive cowardly hissy fit.

I've said this numerous times before and I'll say it again. For all of Putin's faults, he's still managed to not let Russia fall to the equally corrupt West, and that's what a leader is required to do....even if he's rotated through positions of power for decades and never really stepped down except in title.

So, respect to Putin for that but fuck that canny fucker for some of his other actions.

It's seldom all or nothing with any leader.... except Abraham Lincoln, who was a complete cunt and fuckwit.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The EU did much of the damage with their own stupidity and radical green agenda. Refusing to track, refusing to diversify natural gas supplies, trying to kill nuclear power which is safe clean and abundant, regulating industry to death, etc... We can add much of the damage with their own stupidity and radical green agenda. Refusing to track, refusing to diversify natural gas supplies, trying to kill nuclear power which is safe clean and abundant, regulating industry to death, etc... We can add wasting tens of not hundreds of billions of "green renewable energy" which absolutely does not work in places like Germany.
And yet even if Europe did everything you thought they should have done, do you honestly think that Putin would have kept his hands off the Ukraine @Oerdin? And this war would never happened?

C'mon .....even Trump who criticized Biden's handling of the situation & claimed he could have prevented it, said or admitted that Putin wanted the Ukraine like it was a life's ambition.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Wishful thinking.... follow the reserves bulking up on gold over many years and that will tell you who has eyes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons..

I’ve been telling you and Frank for years DD.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter

European *governments*, largely subservient to the USA, are publicly blaming Russia.

Many of the citizenry see right through that bullshit.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Putin wanted to sell petroleum products and he was sanctioned. Since then, Western nations have sanctioned their own households and industries while instigating a proxy war with Russia.

Russia is well within their rights to not sell to antagonistic regimes trying to orchestrate Russia's downfall, even if the West didn't eventually blow up Nordstream in a massive cowardly hissy fit.

I've said this numerous times before and I'll say it again. For all of Putin's faults, he's still managed to not let Russia fall to the equally corrupt West, and that's what a leader is required to do....even if he's rotated through positions of power for decades and never really stepped down except in title.

So, respect to Putin for that but fuck that canny fucker for some of his other actions.

It's seldom all or nothing with any leader.... except Abraham Lincoln, who was a complete cunt and fuckwit.

Fuck you and your ignorant ideas

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
European *governments*, largely subservient to the USA, are publicly blaming Russia.

Many of the citizenry see right through that bullshit.

An assumption? Post proof friend. Pretty sure you have none.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Show me evidence of this.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
In the last 100 years silver has either gone down in dollar terms or stagnated except for three veryshort periods. It is worth noting that the one short period in the 1980's it was due to market manipulation which got the people behind it years in prison.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Gold is some what better but still highly volatile.

Add in that gold and silver are not mediums of exchange, that aren't true stores of value, and their price swings wildly based upon industrial demand and... Well, I don't see the point.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
In the last 100 years silver has either gone down in dollar terms or stagnated except for three slavery short periods. It is worth noting that the one short period in the 1980's it was due to market manipulation which got the people behind it years in prison.

Gold is some what better but still highly volatile.

Add in that gold and silver are not mediums of exchange, that aren't true stores of value, and their price swings wildly based upon industrial demand and... Well, I don't see the point.

Be patient. Want to take a guess what the dollar is worth? How about the national debt? If gold and silver aren’t true stories of value, what is? Bitcoin. I take precious metals any day

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The national debt is about 31 trillion. Wanna take a guess how that breaks down to tax paying citizens? I’ll put my cash in metals.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Be patient. Want to take a guess what the dollar is worth? How about the national debt? If gold and silver aren’t true stories of value, what is? Bitcoin. I take precious metals any day

Bitcoin is worthless and it's only real value is for money laundering. The national debt is around $30 trillion, the value of the dollar is doing better than any alternative, fact.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Only because we are, at the moment, the world's solitary reserve currency. Without that buffer we're in the same boat or worse off than everyone else.
A world with multiple or competing currency blocs might look a bit like this @Garraty_47 :

Following the Great Depression and the disintegration of the Gold Standard at the beginning of the 1930s, the world economy's multilateral trade system was replaced by a small number of regional trade blocs based upon bilateral trade agreements. This system was indisputably less efficient than a multilateral trade system would have been - the 1930s was the only decade since the industrial revolution for which world GDP has grown faster than world trade.

They had all these major currency blocs which it appears Russia, China, Turkey, Iran & other s would like to return to.

1. The Sterling Area
2. The Gold Bloc
3. The Yen Bloc
4. The Nazi Bloc
5. The Dollar Bloc
6. The Soviet/Communist Bloc

1939-png.27497

...it was unstable tho & was one of the contributing factors which led to World War II.

The collapse of the multilateral world trading system into a system of often hostile trading blocs was a serious impediment to international cooperation in the 1930s. By 1936, with France's departure from the Gold Standard, the first small steps were taken towards the creation of new multilateral world trading system, as Britain, France and the USA agreed to begin mutually lowering tariffs, but this was too late to prevent the Second World War, as three major industrial powers already had governments bent upon world conquest. Not until after the war would the world fully recover from the effects of the Great Depression.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So the next chapter in history after fragmented currency blocs appear might look at bit like this @Garraty_47 :