What do you guys think is better

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A traditional furnace or a minisplit(heat pump)?

For an old ass trailor? It's actually a 1985 single wide with an extension on the living room that I call a nest box.

I'm thinking about tearing out the furnace and just having a mini split. We are installing a wood burning stove in here as well.....so I'm not all bent up over having a thing that heats as well as a regular furnace.

I dunno I'm digging the mini split thing.

Thoughts? Anyone had one? I know I've kinda wasted some money because I replaced the furnace AND the water heater and I'm wanting to rip that out too and go tankless.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Choose whichever is the safest option.
You don't want to burn the place down.

....a wood burning stove for a trailer?
I'd question the safety of that.

Make sure you have the proper fire rating for it.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
a wood burning stove sounds cozy as long as it can be made safe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Seems like something which belongs outside - such as for patios. Use it for bbq's? Ya just don't wanna light the house on fire.

And a trailer may be made out of highly flammable synthetic materials. Esp if it's from 1985.

Just for Dove 's safety and her family.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It will absolutely be safe. My father in law will be here installing it, he is a liscenced professional.

It HAS to be put in by a liscenced person or we wont be able to insure the place.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Seems like something which belongs outside - such as for patios. Use it for bbq's? Ya just don't wanna light the house on fire.

And a trailer may be made out of highly flammable synthetic materials. Esp if it's from 1985.

No wood burners go inside.

People put them in trailors and tiny houses, even in school bus conversations. You can even smaller ones.....ours is just a standard size

20220130-185009.jpg

It's totally safe so long as its installed properly.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Wood stoves are awesome, but two considerations come to mind (which you probably know):

Air circulation is important. Often with a wood burner the area around the stove is too hot and other areas are too cold.

A humidifier might be a good idea because it is a dry heat that comes from the wood burner.

You might be able to get a couple of humidifiers with fans strategically placed that can blow the warm, humidified air along to different areas of the house.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Wood stoves are awesome, but two considerations come to mind (which you probably know):

Air circulation is important. Often with a wood burner the area around the stove is too hot and other areas are too cold.

A humidifier might be a good idea because it is a dry heat that comes from the wood burner.

You might be able to get a couple of humidifiers with fans strategically placed that can blow the warm, humidified air along to different areas of the house.

I already have 5 humidifiers lol. The air is ridiculously dry in here and the ducts are so bad. I dont use the furnace or the AC because I hate the air that comes out of the vents.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Had a wood stove and it would make the room smokie - - - - -plus it was ugly like the one in your picture!
We had heat pumps which we liked - - - - -
Also we have a tankless water heater which takes two times as long as a tank type water heater to get hot water - - - - - -
My mother had a single wide moble and got by with a wall heater -

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Had a wood stove and it would make the room smokie - - - - -plus it was ugly like the one in your picture!
We had heat pumps which we liked - - - - -
Also we have a tankless water heater which takes two times as long as a tank type water heater to get hot water - - - - - -
My mother had a single wide moble and got by with a wall heater -

I love wood burning stoves. I dont think its ugly at all.

I get it though. Some people hate them. I love them.

What's a wall heater?

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I love wood burning stoves. I dont think its ugly at all.

I do not think they are ugly. And if the power goes out, you can still keep warm.

The potential of saving your life is kind of a nice bonus.

What ever floats your boat !

We have solar power with back up -

Last edited:

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

No wood burners go inside.

People put them in trailors and tiny houses, even in school bus conversations. You can even smaller ones.....ours is just a standard size

20220130-185009.jpg

It's totally safe so long as its installed properly.

ooh that looks good
fill the kettle with water after firing it up, help with the humidity

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

A pelt stove might be a more affordable option. Maybe something like this:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Those are cool but I'm really set on the wood burner. I absolutely love them ♡

Plus I already have one lol. I just need it put in when we are done with the floors and walls.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A traditional furnace or a minisplit(heat pump)?

For an old ass trailor? It's actually a 1985 single wide with an extension on the living room that I call a nest box.

I'm thinking about tearing out the furnace and just having a mini split. We are installing a wood burning stove in here as well.....so I'm not all bent up over having a thing that heats as well as a regular furnace.

I dunno I'm digging the mini split thing.

Thoughts? Anyone had one? I know I've kinda wasted some money because I replaced the furnace AND the water heater and I'm wanting to rip that out too and go tankless.

@Dove

You claimed to live in a single wide in this thread.

In the last day or two you said that you never claimed to live in a single wide, that it was a double wide.

I know a double wide means double the class and all, but I didn't make this story up. It's what you said.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
When an entire extension is added.....it kinda adds a lot more room and changes how its "catagorized".

:Crazy:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Me thoughts BF didn’t want this type of drivel up here?

have the rules changed for people who cannot control themselves?