What's for Dinner Tonight?

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Couscous Royal… with grilled chicken, grilled merguez sausage, mixed with chick peas and dried raisins, topped with chunks of potatoes, carrots, turnips and spicy bouillon. Harissa sauce on the side.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
This place looks really good, but sadly it is 5,558.45 km or 3,001.32 miles from my home. It would take me almost 2.5 days non-stop driving to get there. I could fly but it would still take most of a day to get there after transferring at Pearson. It would probably set me back $1,200 before buying the fish. :-(
Yeah, that's quite a long way to go for fish & chips. lol

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was feeling fidgety after work last evening and didn't feel like making anything for dinner, so I walked up to the local pizza place. I got a cheeseburger sub and pizza fries. Some of their usual appetizers were unavailable and I had to question the idea of pizza fries but I gave 'em a try. They were sooo fucking good!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
images

Beef stew.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Last year when I was still in the trailor and M was still caring for his mom we texted constantly and we both like to cook. We have this youtube channel we both like about historic recipes and dishes....taste of history I think it's called.

I stumbled on some beef wellington recipe I thought was interesting and sent it to him and said we should make it. In fact I wanted to get togther with him once a month and make one of the recipes from the channel and force our families to eat it. But then all this shit happened and now we live together and have changed the nature of our relationship....plans change.

Well I forgot I sent that. On Friday my oldest daughter and her girlfriend came over for dinner and board games....just to hang out. I don't see a lot of her because of her work and school schedule so we are making dinner and game night a regularly occurrence.

And M decides he is gonna make that beef wellington.

20230520-142547.jpg

It wasn't nuked....he just set it in there before getting everything on the table because Eddie(doggo) is a food stealer lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have a confession that I want a Caesar salad at the Hotel Caesar.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Well I made a chicken Vindaloo and Rice for tomorrow night as I'm out working tomorrow and dont want to much effort.

So had a small bowl of that after a cob of corn which was boiled and half a gammon and mustard sandwich.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
20230615-164651.jpg
Couple of chorizo, half a kilo of buffalo wings, and a couple of grilled zucchini... 3rd chorizo will be on a lunch sandwich tomorrow.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Grilled zucchini can be pretty good

I prefer it that way... just a little bit of salt, pepper, and olive oil after it's reduced on the grill for a bit, mostly on the skin side. It's a quick vegetable side for when you only want meat but balance and all that.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I notice you are using a flat iron insert on your grill too. How well does that work and how easy is it to clean the insert?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I notice you are using a flat iron insert on your grill too. How well does that work and how easy is it to clean the insert?

Works similar to cast iron fry pans. Great for steaks and veggies but harder to clean after marinades and sloppy stuff. Just got to keep oiling it at heat.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Ribeye steak-twice baked potatoes-string beans- Rocky Roed ice cream and maybe later a blow job from the lady next door - - - - - - -

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Ribeye steak-twice baked potatoes-string beans- Rocky Roed ice cream and maybe later a blow job from the lady next door - - - - - - -
Nice... though I hope a snowball isn't on the menu... unless you're into such things.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Round Table Pizza. An XL King Arthur Supreme, a dozen buffalo wings, an order of cheesy bread sticks, and an Italian sub with ranch dressing and marinara dipping sauce on the side. We already have drinks at home. Believe it or not it came out $15 cheaper than Domino's (they had two medium two toppings supposedly for $6.99 each but their app rang it up at $8.99 each then when I called they claimed they were $12.99 each) and the quality is probably higher.