What's the last thing you purchased?

X

xXx
Site Supporter
honey, can I buy that ??

Of course.

There are considerations. For instance, where to store it.

We only have a 2 car garage, and can only fit 2 cars on our driveway.

I have a 4-post lift, so we can really fit 3 cars in our garage, but one spot is always used for other stuff, including a large work bench. This winter the only vehicles we had in the garage were my Z28 and my Street Triple R, and the garage was still packed.

So we have to ensure we have room for our travel trailer, my Camaro Z28, our Jeep Grand Cherokee, my Triumph Street Triple R, my work bench, the lawn mower, the snow thrower, all our camping gear, etc. etc.

A utility trailer would probably have to be stored outside somewhere.

Not all of us have 14 car driveways like Joo Dog.

Marriage is a partnership and decisions are made together.

Just like when I saw a guitar amp that I considered buying a few days ago. I ran it by my wife and she helped provide some perspective: "Do I really need a 6th guitar amp? Would I be willing to sell one of my existing amps to make room for a new one?" I have a habit of accumulating stuff and we do have a limited amount of room, so my wife helps to keep my buying in check.

Fucking CUCK !!

Did yoo ask yer wife if you could poast that

FAGGOT !

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
A brand new Electrolux washing machine with all the options, installation and removal, a 5 year extended warranty on top of the 1 year factory warranty, plus free delivery... All for $1400.

Sadly, it is currently located in NY so it will take 2-3 weeks to get it to us.

The Samsung washing machine we currently have broke for the second time in two months so we just are junking it. I wasn't impressed that most of the internal parts are plastic where as Electrolux supposedly still uses more durable melt internal parts. Plus they got named the most reliable, longest lasting, most efficient washing machine.

We have a Samsung washing machine. It has needed a few repairs too. i expect it will be our last Samsung washing machine.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The last thing I purchased was this

20220501-004421.jpg

It's a cute set of beeswax food wrap that came with wax sticks to replenish it and a produce bag. I have a few bags like this, I love them.

It took me a while to buy these beeswax food wraps because I wasnt sure about them and they are not cheap. But my mother in law gave me one of hers to try them (she hated hers and told me not to buy them until I tried them) and I love it. So I went ahead and bought some.

I know, I'm a dork. This is the kind of shit that excites me lol. The two big ones have a sort of button on them that let's you make pouches. Then two medium sized ones. I love these.

So the plastic wrap I barely use because I hate plastic is now gonna be sitting in my drawer unused because I hate plastic garbage :D

What yoo bought .. not why who where when :Happy5:

Wut?!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We still have our Samsung front load drier but when that one breaks it is getting replaced by a matching Electrolux frontload drier. LG and Samsung both seem to have gone down hill on quality.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
A brand new Electrolux washing machine with all the options, installation and removal, a 5 year extended warranty on top of the 1 year factory warranty, plus free delivery... All for $1400.

Sadly, it is currently located in NY so it will take 2-3 weeks to get it to us.

The Samsung washing machine we currently have broke for the second time in two months so we just are junking it. I wasn't impressed that most of the internal parts are plastic where as Electrolux supposedly still uses more durable metal internal parts. Plus they got named the most reliable, longest lasting, most efficient washing machine.
Sorry, they have taken away our Jesus given rites to have the option of the sad face emoji.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We still have our Samsung front load drier but when that one breaks it is getting replaced by a matching Electrolux frontload drier. LG and Samsung both seem to have gone down hill on quality.

You like those front loaders?

I bought a set years ago and hated it so much I sold them for 500 bucks. It terrifies me how they lock. And the mold in the rim area. I never felt like it was clean.

I want the ones with no agitator but not front loading.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Anyone have one of these? I really want one

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I'm doing everything with second hand, reclaimed stuff except my appliances. I dunno if I find something I want and it's a good deal I'd likely buy it second hand. I just dont want drama with my appliances. Like end up buying something that breaks down.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyone have one of these? I really want one

I'm doing everything with second hand, reclaimed stuff except my appliances. I dunno if I find something I want and it's a good deal I'd likely buy it second hand. I just dont want drama with my appliances. Like end up buying something that breaks down.

Our Samsung washing machine was top load while the drier is frontload. The new Electrolux is a front load washer. The broken Samsung top loader had no agitated but the plastic internal gears broke thus why we needed a new machine.

That top loader worked well but if you over load it or even just do a large load then the plastic parts break. I would advice skipping LG and Samsung for that reason.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Siser EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl to cut and apply to the 60 baseball shirts I bought not too long ago.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Last Samsung front loader lasted over 12 years but the plastic handle kept breaking off so we opened it with a screwdriver in the end.

Replaced it with another Samsung and the door is solid on this one. Also has its own hygiene maintenance cycle. Steam cleaning....

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
I picked up some of that Sushi from the new place in town, I brought it home and fried it up it was good, had kind of a fishy taste.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A down payment for a PS5 which shall be picked up tomorrow morning. Before that my wife and I went to Costco, we got just one cart load of stuff,mostly groceries and household stuff (canned foods, meats, some frozen food, household cleaning stuff, etc.. ), nothing individually expensive... Yet the total at check out almost $760.

Fuck you, Joe Biden.

Yeah it's like that now :(

It's really hitting you guys hard over there, isnt it? There is a 230-ish rise in my monthly grocery bill and I'm not doing anything drastically different. It sucks.
760 buck on groceries? For how long?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is Costco so quantities are larger but it was still just one cart. Prices have gone insane here.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A down payment for a PS5 which shall be picked up tomorrow morning. Before that my wife and I went to Costco, we got just one cart load of stuff,mostly groceries and household stuff (canned foods, meats, some frozen food, household cleaning stuff, etc.. ), nothing individually expensive... Yet the total at check out almost $760.

Fuck you, Joe Biden.

Yeah it's like that now :(

It's really hitting you guys hard over there, isnt it? There is a 230-ish rise in my monthly grocery bill and I'm not doing anything drastically different. It sucks.
760 buck on groceries? For how long?

My monthly grocery bill is more like 900ish a month.

I've been buying meat from a local butcher. We are about to buy the yearly half a cow.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

What do you guys think of this?

Yeah I can plant and grow food outside but not for winter. I'm wondering if this would be worth it so we can just grow our own produce inside in the winter. Just have this all year around and also keep planting outside. We do use a lot of produce.

I wanted to try Imperfect foods/misfit market but I'm not too impressed with the unboxings I've watched.

I wouldnt buy this until fall and I'm thinking to go for the big one......we really do go through a lot of produce. All of us and the rabbit and the guinea pigs.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I picked up some of that Sushi from the new place in town, I brought it home and fried it up it was good, had kind of a fishy taste.

You buy sushi then cook it? Why not just save money and buy raw fish for 1/3rd the price?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Paid $20. to a guy to clean up the back yard, and take the debris.

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Not to get off subject.. But my little 4lb Yorkie LOVES frogs. If I say the word toady she comes running. Dunno how many times I've caught her frothing at the mouth because she is obsessed with them and seeks them out in the yard.

Omg that's soooo gross. One of my cats got ahold of a frog that got inside my fucking house somehow and he was frothing at the mouth and meowing at the same time so it sounded like "lumma lumma lumma". He was rubbing his mouth on the floor.

We thought he was dying until we saw the mangled frog body lol
Isn't it tho? HAHA... She's so small, her whole body gets wet.. it's disgusting. I feel bad sometimes because I have to put her in the house for her obsession :/ She also loves grubs. She will hover by while I'm digging hoping to see a grub and eat it. I get so grossed out!! lol.. She's like a child I have to babysit while outside.. extra work for sure :)

Yorkies are mischievous little trouble makers lol.

Grubs are so nasty. God we need them and they are good for the ecosystem but fuck they are gross. I hate them lol.
Your vagina is on the nose! Lol

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
A used guitar amplifier.

One of these:

zcz8dk8vwvhowjimb8ws.jpg

I am going to put it up for sale in a few weeks. Bought it for $100. Will sell it for $200 probably. They sell on Reverb for $250 and up.

Buying and selling used equipment is a way to meet other musicians. If I meet someone who seems cool, I will invite them to jam. So many people play instruments but never get out and meet other musicians to play together.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I just bought this stuff

20220512-164512.jpg

That is.....cat fur detangler, rinse free cat/dog shampoo, and calming cat/dog deodorant spray. And a brush.

Its kitty spa day. Sent the pic to my husband to let him know what his evening is going to be like.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️

Yeah I can plant and grow food outside but not for winter. I'm wondering if this would be worth it so we can just grow our own produce inside in the winter. Just have this all year around and also keep planting outside. We do use a lot of produce.

I wanted to try Imperfect foods/misfit market but I'm not too impressed with the unboxings I've watched.

I wouldnt buy this until fall and I'm thinking to go for the big one......we really do go through a lot of produce. All of us and the rabbit and the guinea pigs.

Seems too expensive to be worth it to me. I've used misfit market, and a good thing about it is you can skip any weekly/monthly order that you want to.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
I just bought this stuff

20220512-164512.jpg

That is.....cat fur detangler, rinse free cat/dog shampoo, and calming cat/dog deodorant spray. And a brush.

Its kitty spa day. Sent the pic to my husband to let him know what his evening is going to be like.

LOL you pamper those kittehz.... they'll never appreciate how lucky they are.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Seems too expensive to be worth it to me. I've used misfit market, and a good thing about it is you can skip any weekly/monthly order that you want to.

I agree. I didnt end up ordering that. I gotta slow down on the spending anyway because of the dental work. Bleh

I wanted to try Misfits Market. I'll probably give it a try this winter. Over the summer/fall I'm devoted to the local farmers markets.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I just bought this stuff

20220512-164512.jpg

LOL you pamper those kittehz.... they'll never appreciate how lucky they are.

I just got a new brush thing that removes the under coat. SO MUCH fur comes iff with this thing. It was only like 16 bucks too.

I found a video of it

This thing is incredible. I brushed entire cats out of my cats lol.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️

I wanted to try Misfits Market. I'll probably give it a try this winter. Over the summer/fall I'm devoted to the local farmers markets.

A bad thing about misfits market is the wasteful packaging. The shipping fee is actually less than the price of the gas it would cost me to drive into a city that has a supermarket, but I can skip that by buying from my local market or local farms when seasonal. But I have no use for the giant boxes and other crap misfit market's stuff is packed in.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

A bad thing about misfits market is the wasteful packaging. The shipping fee is actually less than the price of the gas it would cost me to drive into a city that has a supermarket, but I can skip that by buying from my local market or local farms when seasonal. But I have no use for the giant boxes and other crap misfit market's stuff is packed in.

It's a misconception. If they delivered in plastic tubs and took returns, the btu's from that would far outweigh disposable packaging in energy costs and environmental impacts.... plus cardboard packaging can be burnt after use, composted, used as a gardening tool for tamping down weeds and retaining moisture.

Consider a full recycling bin stacked layer by layer with compacted cardboard.... then consider the cost benefit analysis and energy expenditure to retrieve it with a large truck once every week or two. It doesn't even touch the sides of environmentalism... it's solely a virtue signalling measure that if you believe in carbon footprints, is asinine.