What's the last thing you purchased?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Can I add a luxury Genesis G80 2022 with all the bells and whistles without making some spastic like admin cry?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️

I wanted to try Misfits Market. I'll probably give it a try this winter. Over the summer/fall I'm devoted to the local farmers markets.

A bad thing about misfits market is the wasteful packaging. The shipping fee is actually less than the price of the gas it would cost me to drive into a city that has a supermarket, but I can skip that by buying from my local market or local farms when seasonal. But I have no use for the giant boxes and other crap misfit market's stuff is packed in.

It's a misconception. If they delivered in plastic tubs and took returns, the btu's from that would far outweigh disposable packaging in energy costs and environmental impacts.... plus cardboard packaging can be burnt after use, composted, used as a gardening tool for tamping down weeds and retaining moisture.

Consider a full recycling bin stacked layer by layer with compacted cardboard.... then consider the cost benefit analysis and energy expenditure to retrieve it with a large truck once every week or two. It doesn't even touch the sides of environmentalism... it's solely a virtue signalling measure that if you believe in carbon footprints, is asinine.

I could probably make a use out of the giant cardboard box if I didn't order very often, but I don't appreciate the insulation or cold packs.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I wanted to try Misfits Market. I'll probably give it a try this winter. Over the summer/fall I'm devoted to the local farmers markets.

A bad thing about misfits market is the wasteful packaging. The shipping fee is actually less than the price of the gas it would cost me to drive into a city that has a supermarket, but I can skip that by buying from my local market or local farms when seasonal. But I have no use for the giant boxes and other crap misfit market's stuff is packed in.

It's a misconception. If they delivered in plastic tubs and took returns, the btu's from that would far outweigh disposable packaging in energy costs and environmental impacts.... plus cardboard packaging can be burnt after use, composted, used as a gardening tool for tamping down weeds and retaining moisture.

Consider a full recycling bin stacked layer by layer with compacted cardboard.... then consider the cost benefit analysis and energy expenditure to retrieve it with a large truck once every week or two. It doesn't even touch the sides of environmentalism... it's solely a virtue signalling measure that if you believe in carbon footprints, is asinine.

I could probably make a use out of the giant cardboard box if I didn't order very often, but I don't appreciate the insulation or cold packs.

Foam can be made into flammable gel and cold packs are generally just salt and water....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You dont make compost or anything?

I'll chuck carboard into compost piles and/or cut pieces for our rodents (Bunz and the piggies) to chew. I'll put pieces in my worm farm too.

I'm fussy about packaging as well, not so much card board but I dont like plastic involved at all.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
The debris is just something to consider if you order from them. At least they don't wrap their produce in anything and something like a glass jar would be wrapped in paper.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The debris is just something to consider if you order from them. At least they don't wrap their produce in anything and something like a glass jar would be wrapped in paper.

I temped in a recycling plant for 4 months in my later 20's and got to see what really gets recycled and what gets pushed to landfills regardless of the triangle and number code on it.

I've also since been responsible for cba's on reusable totes, trays, and packaging from a supply chain angle in a TPS JIT scenario in 2PL and 3PL.

Green initiatives are a ridiculous joke and people don't realise more resources get expended trying to be green rather than old fashioned disposable packaging.

I've attempted to pitch cost saving measures for supermarket chains before that balanced big rig dual trailer loads and could have had real load reductions and therefore cheaper fuel and wear and tear costs.... but it all fell on deaf ears. People want to buy big bags of chips and popcorn full of air....

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Tires for our SUV. I have to admit there are certain costly purchases that I don't like making. That's great you need tires, but it's not something new or exciting. It's just basic maintenance for our vehicle.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
5000159537353.jpg

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
WTF? Why is this thread in meltdown? :LOL3:

Flynn getting carried away with the shiny new mod panel again no doubt...

She dumped my post earlier because I said the picture of the car they bought was Flynn... aka garbage or complete shit.

Then she barred me from posting in that General thread... lol