Why did they make Sir Gawain an Indian?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The new movie The Green Knight is getting good reviews from the critics but instead of talking about the story or the quality of the acting the professional media caste seem to only talk about how "stunning and brave" it was to take a white medieval English knight and have an Indian Hindu play the character. What gives?

I was looking forward to seeing a good sword fighting film but now it seems to have gone woke so I hope it goes broke.

Gawain and the Green Knight is not historically accurate??? A work of fantasy is brought to the screen and and it doesn't fit with your ideas about what actual Medieval England was like? Well, fuck it. That means it must be crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I think the OP is right in one respect - a Medieval Knight could not have been Indian.

Because the first known Indians to have set foot in England didn't arrive until the 17th century at the very earliest.

But there definitely Knights of Black or Moorish ethnicity fighting the armies of Europe during the Middle Ages.

THAT is a fact.

So if the filmmaker was gonna choose a dark skinned man, it should've been a Black person nt an East Indian.

In fact, he could have made note or mentioned it in the film that Knights of Black extraction did exist back then.
But isn't that what acting is all about.
pretending to be someone you are not?

It's also what fantasy fiction is all about. For fuck's sake, what is Gawain and the Green Knight? Reality based non-fiction?

Here's a clip from Canadian Television which features a painting with a dark-skinned Knight during the Middle Ages r Renaissance. The painting is located in Portugal:

Whether the painting is authentic or not remains to be seen. However if it is, it does indicate that Knights with dark skin color existed at one time in European History:

African Blacks traded with Eurpeans... for Example Olive trees are native to Africa, not the Mediterranean countries. And there was some rotten fish sauce that was traded too. I forget its name.

My understanding is olive trees came from western most Asia. The fish sauce was garam and that wasn't popular until Roman times where as olive trees go back further than the written record.

My source said Africa....and garam sounds about right.... olive trees go back as far as 4,000 years.... they just slice new shoots in rather wide ancient trunks.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The new movie The Green Knight is getting good reviews from the critics but instead of talking about the story or the quality of the acting the professional media caste seem to only talk about how "stunning and brave" it was to take a white medieval English knight and have an Indian Hindu play the character. What gives?

I was looking forward to seeing a good sword fighting film but now it seems to have gone woke so I hope it goes broke.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there may have been Blacks or Brown skinned people in Medieival England.

However, you're right in one respect - they probably weren't Indian or originating from the Indian sub-continent.

So I suppose you're right. It's an historical inaccuracy.

If there were dark skinned knights they would have likely been North African or Moors.

African-Knights-In-Medieval-Europe.jpg

Blacks show up in fMedieval rescoes, sculptures and paintings tho it was most likely to be found in Central Europe or Italy.
The first two could easily be Italians, third one looks doctored or a piss take and the last one certainly doesn't look African... It's just like Cheddar man, they couldn't possibly tell what skin colour he was but could tell he had blue eyes which almost guarantees he was white ffs... Liberal black washing at play as per... Negroes steal everything including culture then have the cheek to say white people have no culture... lmao CRINGE!!!

You are such a whinging looser babbie, looking for any excuse to discount Africans, even when you contradict yourself.

Go back to making shorty shorts. It's what you do best.
Yet you can't even answer a question but resort to cheap insults, I'd rather be me than you therefore there's nothing at all you can say to me that changes ANYTHING!! I'm discounting Africans because they have absolutely nothing to do with medieval England you complete baffoon!!

There are plenty of black genes in the UK prior to our modern times.... Shirley Bassy (sp?) is obviously black... Tom Jones, very swarthy.... there are the Black Irish as well... There definely is some African genes in the mix, not a lot but some, I'm assuming the genes were introduced with raping the UK girls by the Romans when they invaded the British Isles.
Well they didn't rape the Scots they had to build a wall to defend themselves from us lol

ermmmm, look up Prima Nocta, son... ;)
NOPE can't be bothered with politics anymore today... It's mind numbing...

go watch Braveheart then silly.... It comes up in Braveheart.
That film gets me pissed off even although my second name derives from a town in Cornwall so my ancestors were probably fighting against the Scots back then... Fucks with my mind a bit =/

well Celts have reputation of being quarrelsome.... it's in our genes and beyond our control.
I've probably not got any celt blood, German and probably English though born in Scotland... I want to get a DNA thing done to be sure... Have you had one?

Celts are from Austria.... they went to Spain and France then to Cornwall... my mum's father's ancestors are Cornish.... Trezise. hey, you coud be my third or 4th cousin you never know.... My husband's ancestors are from Cornwell as well....

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there may have been Blacks or Brown skinned people in Medieival England.

However, you're right in one respect - they probably weren't Indian or originating from the Indian sub-continent.

So I suppose you're right. It's an historical inaccuracy.

If there were dark skinned knights they would have likely been North African or Moors.

African-Knights-In-Medieval-Europe.jpg

Blacks show up in fMedieval rescoes, sculptures and paintings tho it was most likely to be found in Central Europe or Italy.
The first two could easily be Italians, third one looks doctored or a piss take and the last one certainly doesn't look African... It's just like Cheddar man, they couldn't possibly tell what skin colour he was but could tell he had blue eyes which almost guarantees he was white ffs... Liberal black washing at play as per... Negroes steal everything including culture then have the cheek to say white people have no culture... lmao CRINGE!!!

You are such a whinging looser babbie, looking for any excuse to discount Africans, even when you contradict yourself.

Go back to making shorty shorts. It's what you do best.
Yet you can't even answer a question but resort to cheap insults, I'd rather be me than you therefore there's nothing at all you can say to me that changes ANYTHING!! I'm discounting Africans because they have absolutely nothing to do with medieval England you complete baffoon!!

There are plenty of black genes in the UK prior to our modern times.... Shirley Bassy (sp?) is obviously black... Tom Jones, very swarthy.... there are the Black Irish as well... There definely is some African genes in the mix, not a lot but some, I'm assuming the genes were introduced with raping the UK girls by the Romans when they invaded the British Isles.
Well they didn't rape the Scots they had to build a wall to defend themselves from us lol

ermmmm, look up Prima Nocta, son... ;)
NOPE can't be bothered with politics anymore today... It's mind numbing...

go watch Braveheart then silly.... It comes up in Braveheart.
That film gets me pissed off even although my second name derives from a town in Cornwall so my ancestors were probably fighting against the Scots back then... Fucks with my mind a bit =/

well Celts have reputation of being quarrelsome.... it's in our genes and beyond our control.
I've probably not got any celt blood, German and probably English though born in Scotland... I want to get a DNA thing done to be sure... Have you had one?

Celts are from Austria.... they went to Spain and France then to Cornwall... my mum's father's ancestors are Cornish.... Trezise. hey, you coud be my third or 4th cousin you never know.... My husband's ancestors are from Cornwell as well....
My second name hails from the town of Hooke lol so maybe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LOL! Debasing hitler by air claiming he's a nigger? :LOL3: THATS a new one! josephine is a grade a fukin idiot. Hopefully someone has hitlers DNA (verifyable) and gets a sequence done sometime. I've seen pics of his family and they're about as much nigger as fauxcahontas is injun! And thats coming from someone who thinks hitler was a certified POS!

No, I never claimed that.

I'm just quoting a scientist who stated:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I never wrote that Hitler was a Jew, or that he had a Jewish grandfather. I only wrote that Hitler's haplogroup is E1b1b, being more common among Afroasiatic speakers than among overall Germans. This, in order to convey that he was not exactly what during the Third Reich would have been called 'Aryan.' All the rest are speculations of journalists who didn't even take the trouble to read my article, although I had it translated into English especially for this purpose.

E1b1bRoute.png

All major sub-branches of E-M35 are thought to have originated in the same general area as the parent clade: in
, the
, or nearby areas of the

And where did the ancestors of the Germans, the Vandals, travel to?

North Africa.

The Vandals were an East Germanic tribe that entered the Roman Empire during the 5th century AD. In 409 AD, they crossed the Pyrenees into the Iberian peninsula. There, some of them settled in Gallaecia while others moved south to occupy Baetica. Under pressure from the Visigoths, the Vandals under their king Genseric crossed to Africa in 429 AD.

visigoth_map_invaders.gif

...just speculation, that's may have been how North African genes ended up in Hitler's lineage.

He might have been descended from one of the Barbarian tribes who invaded North Africa during the fall of the Roman Empire.

And perhaps one of them brought back a child or 'bride' from North Africa.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

and Gun Slingers/Cowboys in the American Wild West who were Black

...they existed at one time, Folks

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It doesn't prove breeding though....since we came from Adam and Eve, we are all related in any case.

As for heathens who deny God and Adam and Eve's existence, nobody cares what you think.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

I dont think anyone disagrees that there were some blacks in the southwest of America in the 1800's josephine. That doesnt add weight to your niggers in england or hitlers family tree tho.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

I dont think anyone disagrees that there were some blacks in the southwest of America in the 1800's josephine. That doesnt add weight to your niggers in england or hitlers family tree tho.

....never did say Hitler had any Black ancestry, Lokmeer.

The chief scientist who researched his DNA said it resembled that of a North African.

I never wrote that Hitler was a Jew, or that he had a Jewish grandfather. I only wrote that Hitler's haplogroup is E1b1b, being more common among Afroasiatic speakers than among overall Germans. This, in order to convey that he was not exactly what during the Third Reich would have been called 'Aryan.' All the rest are speculations of journalists who didn't even take the trouble to read my article, although I had it translated into English especially for this purpose.

Here's what a Berber from North Africa looks like:

maxresdefault.jpg

...but of course the gene pool in that area or Europe for that matter has changed considerably over 1500 years due to mass migrations, invasions, and the rise/fall of Empires. For all we know, back i n Caeser's Day most North Africans may have loked White or like modern day Italians. The Arabs, who came from the Middle east, had not arrived there yet.

So...it's really difficult to know exactly who Hitler's ancestors were, or what region they came from.

Scientists can only determine his DNA, that is all, and it points to North Africa, just like Abraham Lincoln's points to Ethiopia

Anyways, doesn't seem like you know what many Arabs look like. A lot of them could pass for White'
Apple CEO Steve Jobs was part Arab & his father was an immigrant from the Middle East.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

The chief scientist who researched his DNA said it resembled that of a North African.

tunisian-berber-man-with-his-hunting-falcon-sahara-desert-tunisia-D6TX08.jpg

...but of course the gene pool in that area or Europe for that matter has changed considerably over 1500 years due to mass migrations, invasions, and the rise/fall of Empires. For all we know, back i n Caeser's Day most North Africans may have loked White or like modern day Italians. The Arabs, who came from the Middle east, had not arrived there yet.

So...it's really difficult to know exactly who Hitler's ancestors were, or what region they came from.

Scientists can only determine his DNA, that is all, and it points to North Africa, just like Abraham Lincoln's points to Ethiopia

Anyways, doesn't seem like you know what many Arabs look like. A lot of them could pass for White'
Apple CEO Steve Jobs was part Arab & his father was an immigrant from the Middle East.

Everyone I know knew Steve Jobs was Syrian.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

...and yet you don't seem to understand what a North African looks like.

They aren't necessarily dark skinned, or Black and many could pass for White.

Many North Africans today and likely around Caeser's time look White.

But I agree that an East Indian probably never became a European Knight nor even set foot in England during the Middle Ages.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It doesn't prove breeding though....since we came from Adam and Eve, we are all related in any case.

As for heathens who deny God and Adam and Eve's existence, nobody cares what you think.

...and yet, people sure get worked up about a fucken movie, or the idea that a Black person might have served in a Medieval European army wearing a suit of armor.

These Right Wing dildos don't seem to realize it...but they're just as bad as BLM extremists who wanna tear down Confederate monuments or burn the Dixie Flag. History deniers.

Interesting how history gets people so worked up tho.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

But I agree that an East Indian probably never became a European Knight nor even set foot in England during the Middle Ages.
Liar. I most certainly DO know niggers are sub saharan.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

...and yet, people sure get worked up about a fucken movie, or the idea that a Black person might have served in a Medieval European army wearing a suit of armor.

These Right Wing dildos don't seem to realize it...but they're just as bad as BLM extremists who wanna tear down Confederate monuments or burn the Dixie Flag. History deniers.

It's fucking ridiculous. Especially considering Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is a fantasy about a knight who gets his damn head chopped off and then runs around carrying his head with him. And yet, having an Indian knight in the movie isn't realistic? WTfuckingF?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So why do you keep misinterpreting a Scientific Study thinking it said Hitler was descended from Black people, Lokmeer?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's fucking ridiculous. Especially considering Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is a fantasy about a knight who gets his damn head chopped off and then runs around carrying his head with him. And yet, having an Indian knight in the movie isn't realistic? WTfuckingF?

Even tho there was some historical basis to it, I think the filim makers didn't want to put a Black person in the role of a Knight because then it would bring all the racists ut of hte woodwork and perhaps the movie would really bomb.

so they chose somebody halfway in between

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So why do you keep misinterpreting a Scientific Study thinking it said Hitler was descended from Black people, Lokmeer?
Because YOU presented it that way.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Because YOU presented it that way.

Here's what you said earlier:

LOL! Debasing hitler by air claiming he's a nigger? :LOL3: THATS a new one! josephine is a grade a fukin idiot. Hopefully someone has hitlers DNA (verifyable) and gets a sequence done sometime. I've seen pics of his family and they're about as much nigger as fauxcahontas is injun! And thats coming from someone who thinks hitler was a certified POS!

So tell me what meant...Lokmeer!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Old manuscripts mention a Sir Morien who was one of the Knights of the Round Table.

This is a link from the Smithsonian, a respected Institute:

01-16-14-sir-morien.jpg

Sir Morien was the son of Aglovale.

In other literary texts, t's written that Aglovale had a half Moorish son who was St. Morien.

He was all black, even as I tell ye: his head, his body, and his hands were all black, saving only his teeth. His shield and his armour were even those of a Moor, and black as a raven…
Had they not heard him call upon God no man had dared face him, deeming that he was the devil or one of his fellows out of hell, for that his steed was so great, and he was taller even than Sir Lancelot, and black withal, as I said afore…
When the Moor heard these words he laughed with heart and mouth (his teeth were white as chalk, otherwise was he altogether black)…

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

maxresdefault.jpg

Dickhead, I just told YOU Steve Jobs was Syrian! Idiot! Dont be lying, you implied hitler was part nigger. It doesnt concern me one way or the other.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Gawain and the Green Knight is not historically accurate??? A work of fantasy is brought to the screen and and it doesn't fit with your ideas about what actual Medieval England was like? Well, fuck it. That means it must be crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did some quick research on King Arthur & it would appear that he was not a real person, but based on more than a few real life historical figures:

...but there was one character who stood out, that held off an attack by Saxons in the 6th century AD. At the same time, he was not a King, but a soldier.

Also, there was no Round Table as it was added as feature in later accounts of the legendary King.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

maxresdefault.jpg

Dickhead, I just told YOU Steve Jobs was Syrian! Idiot! Dont be lying, you implied hitler was part nigger. It doesnt concern me one way or the other.

No I didn't, Lokmeer.

I cited a geneticist who stated that Hitler's DNA points in the direction of North Africa as to where it came from.

Also 'North Africans' during Caeser's time may very well have been White people, eh.

The Arabs had not yet invaded North Africa, hence the Arab people as we know them today, did not yet exist in that region.

There was no Arabic culture in North Africa during the time of Caeser. It was mre likely European based, ethnically and culturally.

The Arabs came later, Lokmeer

Anyways, turns out King Arthur was largely a legend.

A King Arthur has not been shown to exist.

Last edited:

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned
Joe - I think you are doing a great job/service here, I just want to tell you.

Actually - the whole Knight's Code of Chivalry was based on the conduct of a black (skinned) knight.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

maxresdefault.jpg

No I didn't, Lokmeer.

I cited a geneticist who stated that Hitler's DNA points in the direction of North Africa as to where it came from.

Also 'North Africans' during Caeser's time may very well have been White people, eh.

The Arabs had not yet invaded North Africa, hence the Arab people as we know them today, did not yet exist in that region.

There was no Arabic culture in North Africa during the time of Caeser. It was mre likely European based, ethnically and culturally.

Look asshole, read a Bible. North Africans were a semetic people. Hitler doesnt look semetic. Case closed.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Joe - I think you are doing a great job/service here, I just want to tell you.

Actually - the whole Knight's Code of Chivalry was based on the conduct of a black (skinned) knight.

It's a fun research project.

Actually, I thought all this time that King Arthur was a Real person & an Historical King who united and ruled England.
Or that he was based on the real King Alfred the Great?
But it would appear None of the Above.
So all this arguing about him or Knights f the Round Table is all for nothing.
And what people say/argue about him or the Knights of the Round table is based upon Historical perceptions of fictional characters.

But at least from an Historical literary context there was a dark skinned Knight named Mourien taken from the word 'Moor'.
So he must have been based on some real life Knight or character who lived between the 6th and 13th century AD..

The only thing that is certain - a dark skinned Knight during the Middle Ages would not have been of East Indian racial origin.
He probably would have been Black or some brown North African skin color.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

maxresdefault.jpg

No I didn't, Lokmeer.

Look asshole, read a Bible. North Africans were a semetic people. Hitler doesnt look semetic. Case closed.

But you also realize that Arabs did nto enter the North African region known today as Algeria and Tunisia until the 7th-ith century, right?So they probably changed the racial composition of the region.

Before them, an ancient people known as the Phoencians set up trading routes along the Mediterranean prioer to the existence of the Roman Empire.

They may hve been semitic, but they weren't Arab.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
European Knights ....

maxresdefault.jpg

No I didn't, Lokmeer.

But you also realize that Arabs did nto enter the North African region known today as Algeria and Tunisia until the 7th-ith century, right?So they probably changed the racial composition of the region.

Before them, an ancient people known as the Phoencians set up trading routes along the Mediterranean prioer to the existence of the Roman Empire.

They may hve been semitic, but they weren't Arab.

You fukin LIAR! Semites were back and forth in the region at least as far back as 3000BC!