3 Interesting Ladies

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
absolutely that was horrible...

But how common are those mistakes? Not at all common, it may be the only error that impacted that many people in modern medicine.

Very common actually... more common than you'll ever read about it.... infact when that Pope John Paul and President Reagan were shot... they nearly died as a result from complications of their blood transfusions.

The simple fact is, God told the Hebrews and later in New Testament, believers were not to eat blood. God told them for a reason.... others people's blood is dangerous. That is another subject for another I guess.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Very common actually... more common than you'll ever read about it.... infact when that Pope John Paul and President Reagan were shot... they nearly died as a result from complications of their blood transfusions.

The simple fact is, God told the Hebrews and later in New Testament, believers were not to eat blood. God told them for a reason.... others people's blood is dangerous. That is another subject for another I guess.

More people survive because of blood transfusions than ever die. That's a fact.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

Sometimes I have difficulty telling if your trolling, or being serious. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter

So that was an edict against non-kosher cannibalism? Am I getting that right(?) - don't eat other people unless drained of blood?

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Well of course, blood is the primary ingredient in adrenochrome. (Please Hillary don't kill me!)
Blood pies and the more modern pizza-toppings.

But I must incist we keep to the topic of interesting ladies, those especially who excelled in spite of the obstacles the times imposed upon their gender.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So that was an edict against non-kosher cannibalism? Am I getting that right(?) - don't eat other people unless drained of blood?

This is interesting actually because you're right. I personally have brought this subject up because I feel transplants are a form of cannibalism but others don't.... someone said to me once... I might feel differently if I needed a kidney transplant...

What I heard a few years back is they were growing organs with your own tissue so the theory was we can grow a new kidney. If this is true (and it sounds like it is) the complication of rejection would be thoroughly diminished.

Yep, I like this idea of growing your own organs somewhere on your body.

Knowing what I know about genes, I can't see it working on older people. After a certain age, the gene strand loses a few links off it...so at the end half of your life, your DNA is of a shorter length.

Anyway the gene subject is a lengthy one as well.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
True,.... every single place has been marked for contact..... everyone. Aren't you now comforted?

Not really. But meh.

Every time a pair of JW's come a-knockin', I always take the time to have a chat with them. On the doorstep, mind you. They're not coming inside.

I've always enjoyed chatting about religion and spirituality with people. That is, if they want to continue the convo once thay find out I'm an atheist.

I'm curious about what makes folks see the world in the way they do. I'm never out to change anyone's mind and I make it plain to them that they shouldn't be out to change mine. This kind of change, if it comes, needs to come from the inside, not from serial (and too often unwelcome) contacts with vehement proselytizers.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OK I can see that the person who started the thread is a pretentious cunt who thinks he knows everything like other pretentious cunts do...

So I will leave you all to it as you all orbit the issues like space cadets...

Safe landings ....

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
OK I can see that the person who started the thread is a pretentious cunt who thinks he knows everything like other pretentious cunts do...

So I will leave you all to it as you all orbit the issues like space cadets...

Safe landings ....
Write when you find work!

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
....anyway, many years ago when I first read Alexandra David-Neel's Magic and Mystery in Tibet I found her descriptions of the pre-annexed Tibet, the spiritual practices, her observations about the remaining Bon practitioners, Lamaist, psychic arts, the practice of lungpa, formation of tulpas etc more than fascinating. It was transporting to a time and place which no longer exists and is somewhat mythical today. The fact that she as a foreign woman was welcomed into Lhasa speaks to how highly regarded she was by its people.
In recent times I had read an article about her bicycle ride as an 18 year old - a long way on her own - That was in the 1880s, years before women in Australian even had the vote. A dangerous journey for a young woman on her own. She really did have an adventurous spirit. Some folks I have spoken to think she got plenty wrong in her interpretation of what she encountered in Tibet, but I still find myself immersed from time to time in memory of those accounts and of her travels.

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Maybe I was being too vague when I said western states:

The first state to grant women the right to vote had been Wyoming, in 1869, followed by Utah in 1870, Colorado in 1893, Idaho in 1896.

Thems there is western states.

However the official voting came 20 yrs after Western Australia so you are not correct....

Passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment granted women the right to vote.8 Feb 2022
› mileston...

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....anyway, many years ago when I first read Alexandra David-Neel's Magic and Mystery in Tibet I found her descriptions of the pre-annexed Tibet, the spiritual practices, her observations about the remaining Bon practitioners, Lamaist, psychic arts, the practice of lungpa, formation of tulpas etc more than fascinating. It was transporting to a time and place which no longer exists and is somewhat mythical today. The fact that she as a foreign woman was welcomed into Lhasa speaks to how highly regarded she was by its people.
In recent times I had read an article about her bicycle ride as an 18 year old - a long way on her own - That was in the 1880s, years before women in Australian even had the vote. A dangerous journey for a young woman on her own. She really did have an adventurous spirit. Some folks I have spoken to think she got plenty wrong in her interpretation of what she encountered in Tibet, but I still find myself immersed from time to time in memory of those accounts and of her travels.

As for women having an "adventurous spirit" that would be ANY WOMAN leaving the safety of her village anywhere in the UK or Europe and headed to another continent like Nth American, Africa or Australia.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think my own path to atheism became clearer to me once I realized that any kind of spiritual or religious dogma had lost its appeal (to me, anyway--and not that it had had that much appeal to begin with).

Despite this, I continued to be a "faithful" subscriber to The Quest magazine (even though rather more Jungian publications such as Parabola appealed to me more).

I consider myself as having been on a lifelong quest of my own to understand my own place in the universe and the role(s) I'm meant to play in it. I abandoned any religious outlook when I fell in love with astronomer Carl Sagan's view of human beings as "starstuff in search of itself."

I still have a tremendous amount of respect for, and I derive no small enjoyment from, the great scriptures of humanity, even though I tend to prefer their esoteric commonalities to their dogmatic idiosyncracies.

Blavatsky was always rather too focused on the occult for my tastes. Too Aleister Crowley-ish. I'm not a superstitious sort. Nor am I a fan of so-called "magick" (except maybe when it remains confined to literature or video games).

These interests are the reason why I chose to study religion and philosophy at uni.
I have also always been a spiritual quester. The upshot of it is that I take what has a ring of truth to it, no matter where it came from -- Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Paganism from anywhere or any time, science, theosophy, philosophy, Shakespeare, the tarot, my own brain on mushrooms, wherever, whatever -- and I create my own images of being and meaning. It's a work in progress, and pretty fucking interesting.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
There are some who are displeased, though, by the existence of the marketplace of philosophies and spiritualities.

They’re looking to overturn some tables and trash some stalls.