A friend of mine watched the Olympic opening ceremonies, now he is a cautionary tale.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I was almost drawn into checking out nam gunship pilot Bob's "Nondenominational church", Bob who I shared a room with at the VA Hospital, until after I got him to tell me another one of his epic war movie calibre battle stories, after finishing that story he got quiet for a while, then shared how his new faith had helped him understand why he was sent to Vietnam...."The Vietnamese people have been hearing the word of god from Missionaries for hundreds of years, and most of those heathens still reject Jesus, so I was just helping them get to hell a little faster!" (Ok Bob, i'ma wheel myself outside and smoke a joint, I'll see you at chow time!)

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
I get most of Xtianity adheres to "The Trinity" but seriously does that make any sense to you? My understanding they are like 3 legs of the stool, all part and parcel of the same item....so I sent myself down to earth on a suicide mission to lurn the humans a thing or two...who is god and who is the holy ghost what being is the holy ghost if it isn't god or his "son"

where-jesus-asks-mary-where-babies-come-from-and-joseph-replies-yeah-mary-where-do-babies-come-from

I like the teachings about love, acceptance and service I heard attending church as a captive child. But so much of the surrounding mythology is kind of out there, imo.
I do believe in the triune God and yes, sometimes I get confused big time, but we are talking about God here. Because we are humans we have limited understanding. A tremendous amount of what makes God who He is is incomprehensible to us. We simply cannot grasp his way of things. Take time for example. His sense of time is not our sense of time. I couldn't remember the exact passage so I had to google it for accuracy purposes.

2Pet. 3. [8] 'But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

The Bible and it's books and authors are all about God's word. He has imparted His word to be recorded in the bible. Stories and parables are often used to get His point across. Jesus spoke in parables a lot. If you believe in God as I do, then you can believe that what is written in the bible is true and is intended to help us live the best way we can because God loves us.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I do believe in the triune God and yes, sometimes I get confused big time, but we are talking about God here. Because we are humans we have limited understanding. A tremendous amount of what makes God who He is is incomprehensible to us. We simply cannot grasp his way of things. Take time for example. His sense of time is not our sense of time. I couldn't remember the exact passage so I had to google it for accuracy purposes.

2Pet. 3. [8] 'But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

The Bible and it's books and authors are all about God's word. He has imparted His word to be recorded in the bible. Stories and parables are often used to get His point across. Jesus spoke in parables a lot. If you believe in God as I do, then you can believe that what is written in the bible is true and is intended to help us live the best way we can because God loves us.
My exes Granny in El Cerrito was renting out a room to a Theology Student (The San Francisco Theological Seminary) a bright vivacious young lady whose goal was to serve the unfortunate, the poor the homeless etc , not as a Pastor but as a faith based helper, during this Christmas Dinner she joined us for, she spent about 10 minutes going on about the required first term class on the Trinity and she said it never made any sense to her or most of her classmates, and the ones that acted like it made sense she thought were just sucking up, and she could not understand why the "higher powers" in theology thought it was so critical...anywho those are my 2 cents.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
My exes Granny in El Cerrito was renting out a room to a Theology Student (The San Francisco Theological Seminary) a bright vivacious young lady whose goal was to serve the unfortunate, the poor the homeless etc , not as a Pastor but as a faith based helper, during this Christmas Dinner she joined us for, she spent about 10 minutes going on about the required first term class on the Trinity and she said it never made any sense to her or most of her classmates, and the ones that acted like it made sense she thought were just sucking up, and she could not understand why the "higher powers" in theology thought it was so critical...anywho those are my 2 cents.
I've got run right now, but I swear I will give your post the attention it deserves when I return. Sorry bro he's waiting outside.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I've got run right now, but I swear I will give your post the attention it deserves when I return. Sorry bro he's waiting outside.
Oh I forgot to mention my wife's uncle happens to be a Presbyterian Minister from San Rafael, he mostly agreed with the young student..."What does it have to do with The Word?"

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I get most of Xtianity adheres to "The Trinity" but seriously does that make any sense to you? My understanding they are like 3 legs of the stool, all part and parcel of the same item....so I sent myself down to earth on a suicide mission to lurn the humans a thing or two...who is god and who is the holy ghost what being is the holy ghost if it isn't god or his "son"

where-jesus-asks-mary-where-babies-come-from-and-joseph-replies-yeah-mary-where-do-babies-come-from

I like the teachings about love, acceptance and service I heard attending church as a captive child. But so much of the surrounding mythology is kind of out there, imo.
The Gnostic Gospels refer to Father/Mother/God. Makes more sense to me.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I was walking down this really wide boulevard, like 6 lanes across, one day in Paris, and looked up and saw that there were cops everywhere because they were stopping traffic so that a few hundred roller bladers with loud speakers blaring music were skating by. It was just so joyous and so random.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was walking down this really wide boulevard, like 6 lanes across, one day in Paris, and looked up and saw that there were a cops everywhere because they were stopping traffic so that a few hundred roller bladers with loud speakers blaring music were skating by. It was just so joyous and so random.

It is abundantly clear that most Europeans enjoy life a little lot more than Americans do...they enjoy their meals, their friends and family come first...don't seem to be as consumed as Americans are with material things.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
It is abundantly clear that most Europeans enjoy life a little lot more than Americans do...they enjoy their meals, their friends and family come first...don't seem to be as consumed as Americans are with material things.
The favorite word in Portugal is Calma. Calma, calma, calma.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I was walking down this really wide boulevard, like 6 lanes across, one day in Paris, and looked up and saw that there were cops everywhere because they were stopping traffic so that a few hundred roller bladers with loud speakers blaring music were skating by. It was just so joyous and so random.
My Covid Cousin lives is a semi swanky Condo in downtown Portland, she posted a video one evening last summer of about 15 or 20 kids riding the rental scooters Portland has, and they were all waving flashlights and playing music and laughing it was cute... makes one realize Portland is not the smouldering ash heap trumpers want to think it is.

MHEz3xw.png

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Lazy and uninterested are two different things.

My "interest" was more of a pity post. No good deed goes unpunished.
Well, you certainly took the effort to explain your disinterest in all you are too lazy to look up in the age of look things up. Kudos !

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Oh I forgot to mention my wife's uncle happens to be a Presbyterian Minister from San Rafael, he mostly agreed with the young student..."What does it have to do with The Word?"
I'm not sure what you mean.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I'm not sure what you mean.
There were two "theologians" at the table, the housemate student and the uncle who had the Presbyterian Church in San Rafael at the time. Neither quite understood the trinity.