A friend of mine watched the Olympic opening ceremonies, now he is a cautionary tale.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
There were two "theologians" at the table, the housemate student and the uncle who had the Presbyterian Church in San Rafael at the time. Neither understood the trinity.
My estimation is that academics never understand thins. Logic is low order knowing.

Two or 3 fingers. Was that the question?
What thinks yee?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
My estimation is that academics never understand thins. Logic is low order knowing.

Two or 3 fingers. Was that the question?
What thinks yee?
In the dinner conversation I shared, fingers weren’t included in the chat. Probably unrelated but my ex developed an interest in the Unitarian church not long after That visit to Grandmas house

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
In the dinner conversation I shared, fingers weren’t included in the chat. Probably unrelated but my ex developed an interest in the Unitarian church not long after That visit to Grandmas house
Uni...doesn't that mean one?

Let's see. Can you manage a distinction between 2 and 3?

It's all I axe.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
There were two "theologians" at the table, the housemate student and the uncle who had the Presbyterian Church in San Rafael at the time. Neither understood the trinity.
There are many things about God that we simply cannot understand with any degree of certainty. The world is full of "experts" on the bible and even they cannot explain many things they've read in there. The bible is our guide through life that very many of us don't ever read. It's a book that gives us the formula to live a good and honest life. The Book Of Revelation for example is hands down the most enigmatic book in the entire bible because of it's symbolism and stories within stories. You would think that God would have had John write in down it in a way that we can easily understand, but HE chose not to.

God chose to show John all of these visions about what must happen in the present and future. Could you imagine John seeing a Boeing 747 or a stealth bomber in the visions and try to describe that into words at his time in history? God wants us to put the effort in to try and understand what He's saying to us. All we need to know about life is in the bible. Anything else we don't really need to know.

For example, if God decided to use Windows Notepad to answer all of our questions and concerns and saved it to a flash drive it would be enough to fill like a zillion 2TB flash drives of storage space. Faith is believing in what is not seen or proven. Faith is rejecting scientific limits and putting your trust in God. Just because some scientists say that God is scientifically impossible, doesn't make it so.

At the end of the day no matter whether we are black, white, an Atheist, Catholic, Baptist, Satan worshipper or monk, we all share one thing in common and that is death. I choose not to leave my soul in the hands of scientists. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, it's just what I've come to believe my life experience.

I hope I answered some of your concerns. Have a good night Admin.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There are many things about God that we simply cannot understand with any degree of certainty. The world is full of "experts" on the bible and even they cannot explain many things they've read in there. The bible is our guide through life that very many of us don't ever read. It's a book that gives us the formula to live a good and honest life. The Book Of Revelation for example is hands down the most enigmatic book in the entire bible because of it's symbolism and stories within stories. You would think that God would have had John write in down it in a way that we can easily understand, but HE chose not to.

God chose to show John all of these visions about what must happen in the present and future. Could you imagine John seeing a Boeing 747 or a stealth bomber in the visions and try to describe that into words at his time in history? God wants us to put the effort in to try and understand what He's saying to us. All we need to know about life is in the bible. Anything else we don't really need to know.

For example, if God decided to use Windows Notepad to answer all of our questions and concerns and saved it to a flash drive it would be enough to fill like a zillion 2TB flash drives of storage space. Faith is believing in what is not seen or proven. Faith is rejecting scientific limits and putting your trust in God. Just because some scientists say that God is scientifically impossible, doesn't make it so.

At the end of the day no matter whether we are black, white, an Atheist, Catholic, Baptist, Satan worshipper or monk, we all share one thing in common and that is death. I choose not to leave my soul in the hands of scientists. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, it's just what I've come to believe my life experience.

Good choosing to be obscure sounds like an egotistical game.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access

I was told by a Pastor during idle conversation that the Church I attended as a kid was not following the Scriptures, his attitude was like David Puddy telling Elaine to steal the neighbors paper 'You're going to hell' was his tude....I'm selling the asshole a Prius and he feels it important to shit on the church I hadn't attended in decades*, not very good evangelism if you ask me.

I gave him my standard response to nonsense said during a sale "Wow!"

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access

I get all that, it's some of the legalistic crap that bugs me. And the hypocrites that attend.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
main-qimg-bb8b2d58ed1084fe1cdfd832fe10a2f1-pjlq

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
I was told by a Pastor during idle conversation that the Church I attended as a kid was not following the Scriptures, his attitude was like David Puddy telling Elaine to steal the neighbors paper 'You're going to hell' was his tude....I'm selling the asshole a Prius and he feels it important to shit on the church I hadn't attended in decades*, not very good evangelism if you ask me.

I gave him my standard response to nonsense said during a sale "Wow!"

There's plenty of jerks like that around. Read the bible and see for yourself.