American Gothic: Pregnant, homeless and living in a tent: Meet Mckenzie

Admin.

Silent Scream, try to tear your face apart.
Site Supporter ☠️
Pregnant, homeless and living in a tent: Meet Mckenzie
42324063819907c9e53332162c29267e

The daytime bustle on Sunset Boulevard was giving way to nighttime flash. Netflix employees were badging out of the Icon, the streaming giant’s cantilevered glass tower. The tire shop was closing up, and tenants at the Harold Apartments were climbing the spiral staircases to their rooftop decks.

Nearby, Mckenzie Trahan stood outside the Denny’s restaurant, sobbing into her phone.

Gale Holland
Wed, July 13, 2022 at 3:00 AM·46 min read

Chapter 1
The daytime bustle on Sunset Boulevard was giving way to nighttime flash. Netflix employees were badging out of the Icon, the streaming giant’s cantilevered glass tower. The tire shop was closing up, and tenants at the Harold Apartments were climbing the spiral staircases to their rooftop decks.
Nearby, Mckenzie Trahan stood outside the Denny’s restaurant, sobbing into her phone.
A hole in a chain-link fence around the restaurant parking lot opened onto a ragged train of tents. They clung to a steep embankment above eight lanes of whooshing traffic on the 101 Freeway. From her vantage point, Mckenzie should have been able to see her encampment.
But while she was in court, a Caltrans crew had cleaned her out. Everything was gone: the tent with built-in lights, a blow-up mattress, a new laptop, her birth certificate, housing papers and prenatal vitamins.
“I was like, ‘No, no, no, hell no,’ ” Mckenzie said, recalling that August 2018 evening. “It’s like my whole city was against me.”
Mckenzie was 22, and 6½ months pregnant. Her boyfriend, Eddie, 26, was HIV-positive, although his viral load was undetectable and he could not transmit the virus through sex.
A pregnant Mckenzie Trahan, top, with boyfriend Eddie near their tent on the streets of Hollywood. She wants the baby, but the odds are heavily stacked against her raising the child to adulthood. Above, the couple take shelter under a tarp in Hollywood. (Christina House / Los Angeles Times)
Two weeks before she learned she was pregnant, they had broken up. He was not himself; at times he walked around the Denny’s parking lot talking to himself. (The Times is withholding his full name to protect family members’ privacy.)
"It's like he's there but he's not," Mckenzie said.
She made an appointment for an abortion but couldn’t go through with it. Still, she remained "terrified" of having the baby. The odds were heavily stacked against her raising her child to adulthood.
Mckenzie's family came out of poverty in Louisiana's Cajun Country, and for three generations had been buffeted by domestic violence, mental illness and homelessness, and caught up in child welfare cases. Her mother, Cynthia “Mama Cat” Trahan, was taken from her mom at age 5 and placed in foster care. Mckenzie and Cat were homeless on and off during her childhood, and Mckenzie was also put in foster care.
Young adults
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
after such
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
are at serious risk of repeating the cycle of homelessness and losing their kids to foster care. It's an ominous harbinger for Los Angeles, where multigenerational homelessness is not uncommon — and the system is not equipped to meet the needs of people with such profound struggles.
"The homeless system is not designed to address and unpack all of the other systemic failures that have led somebody to where they are today," said Heidi Marston, who resigned in May as executive director of the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority.
Mckenzie is clear that she has made bad decisions. She ran away at age 11, started using drugs, and was in and out of juvenile hall and foster care placements. As an adult, she racked up three felony convictions for possession of meth for sale and receiving stolen property. She had shot up meth for two years before stopping several months before she became pregnant, and was still on probation in one case when she got the news.
"I feel like my whole life has just been written for me. I’m just supposed to be stuck here. I’m not supposed to get any further."

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Clearly they should kill her baby for her and chuck her back out the streets. That's the compassionate thing to do here.

Vote blue!

Did leftwing activists fire bomb all the crisis pregnancy outreaches in that area? Because they could actually help her just like theyve helped millions since they started.

I get it though.....shes a good prop for your "cause". Perhaps putting her on blast like this will result in her being contacted by people who help women like her because we know the ones using her arent going to do shit.

Also there is no excuse or reason for MANY of the kids in foster care to even BE in foster care.....but you guys are perfectly comfortable with the state harrassing and destroying poor families and engaging in legal human child trafficking because you can turn around and point to these people as examples of garbage humans who shouldnt be alive.

What's your arguement here? First time you've seen a pregnant drug addict on the street? Seeing women in this crisis is a normal day for the even "cons" who are running pretty much every single outreach. Js.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So you want to have a birther society when America can ill afford it @Dove?

This scene will soon repeat itself in red states where abortion is being banned eh.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

This scene will soon repeat itself in red states where abortion is being banned eh.

Probably not, Joe. It's happening mostly in states with legal abortion.

Do you think Admin just showed something we havent seen?

What perceived benefit do you have by just refusing to acknowledge that women like her are helped by pro lifers every day? I was a resident in a mission outreach program and LIVED with women who had small children AND were pregnant.....homeless and battling drug addictions.

Are you gonna pretend I'm being enlightened to some reality I never considered when I've literally BEEN this woman?

Knock it off. This woman can get to any one of the thousands of outreaches and be helped with literally everything she needs. Housing. Transportation. Food. Medical costs. Everything for the baby or free and open adoption if that's what she wishes. She can be helped to get herself on her feet and have support every step of the way.

But for some reason you guys think she should be hauled in for an abortion and chucked back on the streets while you applaud yourselves for "helping" her and then waving her around in public as some prop to support your politcal stances while ignoring everything that could have actually helped this woman and got her off the street.

Who care if she goes off and dies because the grief and loss ends up too much on top of all the ways she feels trapped and overpowered by all the obstacles her Democrat ran state pushes, right? She needs to continue suffering so let's kill her baby for her so she can suffer more but not make anyone uncomfortable.

It's like you guys would rather let her die on the street than to actually get any real help for her because then you have to admit there is tons of help offered by people you are determined to shit on.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Silent Scream, try to tear your face apart.
Site Supporter ☠️

What perceived benefit do you have by just refusing to acknowledge that women like her are helped by pro lifers every day? I was a resident in a mission outreach program and LIVED with women who had small children AND were pregnant.....homeless and battling drug addictions.

Are you gonna pretend I'm being enlightened to some reality I never considered when I've literally BEEN this woman?

Knock it off. This woman can get to any one of the thousands of outreaches and be helped with literally everything she needs. Housing. Transportation. Food. Medical costs. Everything for the baby or free and open adoption if that's what she wishes. She can be helped to get herself on her feet and have support every step of the way.

But for some reason you guys think she should be hauled in for an abortion and chucked back on the streets while you applaud yourselves for "helping" her and then waving her around in public as some prop to support your politcal stances while ignoring everything that could have actually helped this woman and got her off the street.

Who care if she goes off and dies because the grief and loss ends up too much on top of all the ways she feels trapped and overpowered by all the obstacles her Democrat ran state pushes, right? She needs to continue suffering so let's kill her baby for her so she can suffer more but not make anyone uncomfortable.

She's from Louisiana, Hello?

Duh'v I posted this as an 'essay' on the decline of the American Experiment, not so much about Libs or Cons, but our society has some serious issues that are getting worse everyday...if you choose to sit there and blame it all on Democrats knock yourself out.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Duh'v I posted this as an 'essay' on the decline of the American Experiment, not so much about Libs or Cons, but our society has some serious issues that are getting worse everyday...if you choose to sit there and blame it all on Democrats knock yourself out.

Why do you think the American Experiment is "declining"?

Shes from Louisiana, but shes on the streets of California. And just because a state is "red" doesnt mean they dont have shit policies that dont really reflect the will of conservative voters.

I know of many groups in Louisiana that can and would help this woman. Are the people who wrote this going to get her connected with any group that will help her?

We talk about our country declining everyday, Admin. And you kinda sit there and lay blame and shit on other parties rather than clearly state your points on anything, so I'm not sure how you expect to be responded to.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yeah you wonder who would want to create a birther society in today's and the coming social climate. This aint 1950s/60s America where it was the land of plenty.

Plus the rich don't wanna share their wealth to improve society.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This woman has chosen life and she needs and deserves all the help and support she can get.

So its valid to ask if the people writing this article have gotten her connected with those who will do that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yeah you wonder who would want to create a birther society in today's and the coming social climate. This aint 1950s/60s America where it was the land of plenty.

Let's just kill them all Joe. Everyone whose existence gives you teh sadz. Let's just round them up in camps and gas them. Yanno because clearly they arent all running into abortion clinics to have their young ripped into pieces.

It's not like there are any people anywhere who are helping people in these situations yeah? *wink*

God forbid anyone be a "birther". You should add brood mare onto your arsenal here just to really get that dehumanizing touch you are going for.

We are all just rutting animals who mindlessly hump eachother and have no option but to get pregnant. Right? Cant really expect mindless animals to avoid pregnancy at all. They are too weak and stupid. Better just make sure we can abort all the babies they conceive all haplessly

I don't know how people develope such a low view of human beings.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Let's just kill them all Joe. Everyone whose existence gives you teh sadz. Let's just round them up in camps and gas them. Yanno because clearly they arent all running into abortion clinics to have their young ripped into pieces.

It's not like there are any people anywhere who are helping people in these situations yeah? *wink*

God forbid anyone be a "birther". You should add brood mare onto your arsenal here just to really get that dehumanizing touch you are going for.

We are all just rutting animals who mindlessly hump eachother and have no option but to get pregnant. Right? Cant really expect mindless animals to avoid pregnancy at all. They are too weak and stupid. Better just make sure we can abort all the babies they conceive all haplessly

Well you birthers/pro-choice/anti-abortionit's had better think about how yer gonna provide for all these yet to be born children in this coming birther society @Dove the red states appear to wanna create .

Money doesn't grow on trees. Evidently housing isnt free either. Neither is food.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If we had more programs like this one across the country it would definately help.

And no not ran by the government but supported and accomplished by people.

If people actually care about women like the one written about they would start supporting all the existing outreaches and help build more.

The government doesnt give a fuck and the sooner people figure that out, the better. The system is designed to fuel poverty. Not help pull anyone out of it. The only people on gov assistance who pull out of poverty had other help.

Hey Joe....watch the video. Notice how "abortion recovery" was mentioned as part of the classes and counseling? Why do you think that is?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Well you birthers/pro-choice/anti-abortionit's had better think about how yer gonna provide for all these yet to be born children in this coming birther society @Dove the red states appear to wanna create .

Money doesn't grow on trees. Evidently housing isnt free either. Neither is food.

It's really sad how behind you are and want to be and I'm dome explaining to you that there is a ton of help. You get some personal reward in pretending there is nothing but abortion that women can have. Its sick and sad and I dont get it. You'll complain about nonissues and it's not like you'll help any of the efforts because then youd have to admit that there are efforts. Sad youd rather be politcal.

But good luck.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's really sad how behind you are and want to be and I'm dome explaining to you that there is a ton of help. You get some personal reward in pretending there is nothing but abortion that women can have. Its sick and sad and I dont get it. You'll complain about nonissues and it's not like you'll help any of the efforts because then youd have to admit that there are efforts. Sad youd rather be politcal.

But good luck.

I have never insisted that abortion is the only option @Dove.

But it seems apparent that the States which don't want abortion don't want birth control or family planning either.

Some just want women to breed like the Duggars

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

But good luck.

But it seems apparent that the States which don't want abortion don't want birth control or family planning either.

Yeah its seems that way to YOU because that's how you want to see it.

You kind of ignore everything that doesnt go along with how you want it to seem.

You dont want to think different so you are gonna be stuck on this irrational bullshit that being against killing humans is the same as humans bleeding like animals. And that no one anywhere helps any women in crisis anywhere.

You call me one sided while you blatantly blow off or talk right past anything I've said because your mind is made up and you are stuck on your biases.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

But good luck.

You kind of ignore everything that doesnt go along with how you want it to seem.

You dont want to think different so you are gonna be stuck on this irrational bullshit that being against killing humans is the same as humans bleeding like animals. And that no one anywhere helps any women in crisis anywhere.

Men are often typecast as being cold and heartless because we try to introduce the monetary aspect into the equation. But we're also the ones more often than not who end up paying for it.

.btw, how many hours a week does your husband work to support you and the kids? 50? 60? 70?

I bet he must bust his butt to put food on the table for you.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

But good luck.

Men are often typecast as being cold and heartless because we try to introduce the monetary aspect into the equation. But we're also the ones more often than not who end up paying for it.

.btw, how many hours a week does your husband work to support you and the kids? 50? 60? 70?

I bet he must bust his butt to put food on the table.

45 hours a week.

Are you suggesting my husband doesnt want to take care of his family? Or that his quality of life is lower than some douche bag piece of shit to wants the life he created destroyed?

So once again you ignore things being said and are gonna be speaking from your biases.

Why do you hate human life so deeply where you think killing a human is a reasonable response to monetary aspects?

What if instead of abortion, we instead killed the male whose irresponsible ejaculation caused the pregnancy so his life insurance can be used to support the baby? That way we are still controling the population and making room for a human who may benefit the population more by virtue of not creating additional humans?

It's actually much more fair. That way we are protecting innocent and helpless humans AND controling the massive population.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
BTW.....my husband spent over 1k adopting my 16 year old.

He also intentionally impregnated me.

He also thinks I should stay home and homeschool and let him handle everything we need. Fucking wild. He is even down to work 70 hours a week if it means keeping his daughters out of public school.

Crazy shit isnt it? Turns out men who want families and view women and children as human beings actually exist. Stunning and brave.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Are we still going on about bitches that wanna off their kids in the womb?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

They're inconsistent in the promotion of "life". They don't want to support the babies that they want to force women to have.