Australian Man's Close Call with a Poisonous Snake

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

You’ll find that snakes are remarkably tame around Australia. From its movement, it looks like a red belly black snake. Beautiful creatures…

images

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

You’ll find that snakes are remarkably tame around Australia. From its movement, it looks like a red belly black snake. Beautiful creatures…

images

That one in the video was a tiger snake but red bellied blacks are super docile and cruisey... agreed.

They’re closely related. In fact the antivenin used for a Red Belly bite is concocted from Tiger snakes. You may of seen the pic I posted when I was a kid holding two Red Bellies by their tails.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

That one in the video was a tiger snake but red bellied blacks are super docile and cruisey... agreed.

They’re closely related. In fact the antivenin used for a Red Belly bite is concocted from Tiger snakes. You may of seen the pic I posted when I was a kid holding two Red Bellies by their tails.

There was an old billabong in the middle of a state forest we often went swimming in. Full of red bellied blacks.... but the moment you made a noise, they were climbing on top of each other to get out of the water and they wouldn't come back.

A very polite snake.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

There was an old billabong in the middle of a state forest we often went swimming in. Full of red bellied blacks.... but the moment you made a noise, they were climbing on top of each other to get out of the water and they wouldn't come back.

A very polite snake.

And they’re diurnal, so people get to see them a lot during the day. I wanted to add one to my snake collection, but the missus won’t hear of it.