Caskur

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I know you guys don't get along, but she's up there in years and I've known her forever. The day she dies will indeed be a truly sad day.

"You" can't win them all. She is a gossipy old hen that gets up in arms over things that have nothing to do with her. She decided she didn't care for me. Of course, she's entitled. I think it's a normal response to feel dislike for someone who goes out of their way to show their dislike for you.

That being said, I still think your greeting was a kind gesture.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
"You" can't win them all. She is a gossipy old hen that gets up in arms over things that have nothing to do with her. She decided she didn't care for me. Of course, she's entitled. I think it's a normal response to feel dislike for someone who goes out of their way to show their dislike for you.

That being said, I still think your greeting was a kind gesture.

No, I feel ya.

She can rub people the wrong way. I am kinda irked at her for talking all that shit about BF. She's never been panel abused here and is now listening to those twats over at TBC.

Thank you. I try to show her respect because of her age.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
No, I feel ya.

She can rub people the wrong way. I am kinda irked at her for talking all that shit about BF. She's never been panel abused here and is now listening to those twats over at TBC.

Thank you. I try to show her respect because of her age.

I was raised to respect my elders as well. However, some people don't deserve it, regardless of their age. She's still immature in my book.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I was raised to respect my elders as well. However, some people don't deserve it, regardless of their age. She's still immature in my book.

Well, yeah. She posts on these types of forums and gossips like hell. Of course she's immature. She wasn't like this way back when.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I like her. She feels strongly about what she posts. It’s no secret, we don’t all get a long.

kVsSyzr.jpg

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I'm not ordinarily one to comment on other poster's trolls but
.. wasn't this really just about Flynn trying out his "I'm a girl" voice on the board?

I mean really.....

..Oh - and maybe I can kill two boids with one stone here.
No background for it other than I've had this song stuck in my bean for like 2 or 3 months now it seems, and I think I may be able to exorcise the demon by posting it. It comes and goes but too often sooo....

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm not ordinarily one to comment on other poster's trolls but
.. wasn't this really just about Flynn trying out his "I'm a girl" voice on the board?

I mean really.....

..Oh - and maybe I can kill two boids with one stone here.
No background for it other than I've had this song stuck in my bean for like 2 or 3 months now it seems, and I think I may be able to exorcise the demon by posting it. It comes and goes but too often sooo....

I'm confused here. How is a thread about Caskur about Flynn?

If you want to believe she's a man, that's another thread for you to consider: her post about the bitching and moaning by those who call her a man.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I'm confused here. How is a thread about Caskur about Flynn?

If you want to believe she's a man, that's another thread for you to consider: her post about the bitching and moaning by those who call her a man.
Ummm because...maybe I should record these words rather than type them for some reason. Ya know.....LoLz

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I remember a thread where Dinky Dianna wanted to trade Kurt for her hubby Frank. DD was so much more interesting as a women. Nothing but net.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Okay, whatever floats your boat.

I find it surprising that you're on the side of the fools at this forum as it pertains to her gender.
Well, you know - sometimes the fools aren't the fools, or at least the biggest fools, and I really don't care one way or the other which is why I never commented on it, but the recording I found to be quite comical - which is what this is all about, isn't it?

Didn't you like the song. It actually reminds me of my time in SoCal, everything relaxed, a quiet buzz while watching night's approach over the water.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, you know - sometimes the fools aren't the fools, or at least the biggest fools, and I really don't care one way or the other which is why I never commented on it, but the recording I found to be quite comical - which is what this is all about, isn't it?

Didn't you like the song. It actually reminds me of my time in SoCal, everything relaxed, a quiet buzz while watching night's approach over the water.

I don't care for that song. I don't really much of that type of music. A little too cloying for my taste.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I don't care for that song. I don't really much of that type of music. A little too cloying for my taste.
Right - and yet it's catchy enough to lodge itself in a brain nook. It reminds me of a very self gratifying post hippie culture common in LA area by the mid 70s.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I know it's sacrilegious, but I don't much like beach music like the Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet (may he RIP), etc. I find it grates on my nerves.
..It's not the music itself that bothers me, it's what it reminds me of - a small sliver of my personal experience, and by no means the totality of my recollections of Venice and Santa Monica at that time, but the very superficial LA culture which I think of as a forerunner of yuppyism. I mean, I can also think of Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou as representing that same time for me, but it doesn't trigger the same memories and impressions. The song Key Largo was only released in '82 so it's really the easy style that is reminiscent of something in the culture of that time.

PS: then again, I can divorce myself some from that while listening and appreciate that it has a certain pretty quality to it. Plus - I'm a Bogie fan.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
..It's not the music itself that bothers me, it's what it reminds me of - a small sliver of my personal experience, and by no means the totality of my recollections of Venice and Santa Monica at that time, but the very superficial LA culture which I think of as a forerunner of yuppyism. I mean, I can also think of Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou as representing that same time for me, but it doesn't trigger the same memories and impressions. The song Key Largo was only released in '82 so it's really the easy style that is reminiscent of something in the culture of that time.

PS: then again, I can divorce myself some from that while listening and appreciate that it has a certain pretty quality to it. Plus - I'm a Bogie fan.

I'm not that familiar with the LA beach scene. I'm more familiar with Northern Californian beach towns and cities. I believe they are quite distinct from one another.

I spent a couple of days in Santa Monica last summer with my bestie. It can be entertaining if you are a people watcher, which I can be at times in public places. It's a weird place, yet lots of "regular" people spend time there as well.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I'm not that familiar with the LA beach scene. I'm more familiar with Northern Californian beach towns and cities. I believe they are quite distinct from one another.

I spent a couple of days in Santa Monica last summer with my bestie. It can be entertaining if you are a people watcher, which I can be at times in public places. It's a weird place, yet lots of "regular" people spend time there as well.
They were always very different. I lived in Oakland and Berkeley also, before moving south. I'm guessing that plenty has changed in the 45 years since I returned east.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They were always very different. I lived in Oakland and Berkeley also, before moving south. I'm guessing that plenty has changed in the 45 years since I returned east.

Yes, a lot has changed in California in that time period. I would say the major change in Oakland was that it had probably about 40% black population, while now I think it's hovering in the 20-22%.

Berkeley is still Berkeley, although a bit more gentrified as well.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Yes, a lot has changed in California in that time period. I would say the major change in Oakland was that it had probably about 40% black population, while now I think it's hovering in the 20-22%.

Berkeley is still Berkeley, although a bit more gentrified as well.
Well, of the era that I lived in those places in - Oakland was about 2/3 black and the neighborhoods I lived in about 100% less a tiny fraction and Berkeley was magic. My understanding from people still in CA is that it's (Berkeley) a wreck and nothing like it was in the 60s and early/mid 70s.