Did You Ever Wonder If You're Being Watched?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I often wonder if someone is watching me. The cameras are so small these days you never know where one or more could be.

wizer

Factory Bastard
I'm a man. A sad man who hasn't been laid in 15 years. Please pity me.
You're gonna force me into "forum advice" mode.

Why not get on the dating sites, throw out a bunch of messages, see what sort of response you get?

There's a lot of single people out there that don't want to be single. And a lot of them are attractive women who have largely given up on the hope of meeting a nice guy because there's so many losers out there like X and Seamajor.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Thank you for your advice but nah, I'm not looking for a relationship, but I'll be damned if I'm ever going to blow money on a hooker or browse a dating site. Years ago my brother went online to meet a woman. It was over a decade ago and I can't remember the exact site, but it was catfish palooza. She was a chubby white woman online, but when she came to the door she looked like a mean Annie Lennox and called him every day several times a day after they knocked boots. Don't need that in my life.

wizer

Factory Bastard
@Alticus I've been there.. dozens if not hundreds of first dates. Many or most were "deceptive fuglies" (fat/ugly). But I've met a lot of great women online including my Australian girlfriend who I plan to move overseas with at the end of this year.

I get it though. It can be discouraging, frustrating. And maybe you're at the point where you're more comfortable being on your own.

All good my friend. Stay single, be happy!

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
@Alticus I've been there.. dozens if not hundreds of first dates. Many or most were "deceptive fuglies" (fat/ugly). But I've met a lot of great women online including my Australian girlfriend who I plan to move overseas with at the end of this year.

I get it though. It can be discouraging, frustrating. And maybe you're at the point where you're more comfortable being on your own.

All good my friend. Stay single, be happy!
Thanks wizer. I'm glad to hear that you found someone that makes you happy. I wish the two of you the best.

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Won't allow me to view. :(

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thank you for your advice but nah, I'm not looking for a relationship, but I'll be damned if I'm ever going to blow money on a hooker or browse a dating site. Years ago my brother went online to meet a woman. It was over a decade ago and I can't remember the exact site, but it was catfish palooza. She was a chubby white woman online, but when she came to the door she looked like a mean Annie Lennox and called him every day several times a day after they knocked boots. Don't need that in my life.

When you date online you meet people for coffee, an iced cream...something short and not a big investment of time or money.

Though one time I met an engineer for coffee...the 30 min meet felt like it was hours long. I wanted to end my life out of sheer boredom. But no stalking, no weirdness. He texted me a couple times after asking me out again, but I simply kept saying we weren't a good match.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
When you date online you meet people for coffee, an iced cream...something short and not a big investment of time or money.

Though one time I met an engineer for coffee...the 30 min meet felt like it was hours long. I wanted to end my life out of sheer boredom. But no stalking, no weirdness. He texted me a couple times after asking me out again, but I simply kept saying we weren't a good match.
I respect the fact that you were upfront with him and didn't jerk him around.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
You scream.

I scream.

We all scream for ICE CREAM!

(it's not called Iced Cream anymore)
The only real ice cream we have in my city is Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dazs. The other crap they call ice cream these is more like frozen yogurt.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I respect the fact that you were upfront with him and didn't jerk him around.

I never jerked men around when I was dating. I don't play games with people. I have shown up to online dates and been terribly disappointed by the person that showed up.

I was irritated at times, but pretty much kept it cordial and spoke to the man a couple of minutes and then made my departure.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You're gonna force me into "forum advice" mode.

Why not get on the dating sites, throw out a bunch of messages, see what sort of response you get?

There's a lot of single people out there that don't want to be single. And a lot of them are attractive women who have largely given up on the hope of meeting a nice guy because there's so many losers out there like X and Seamajor.

As if you know any of us

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I never jerked men around when I was dating. I don't play games with people. I have shown up to online dates and been terribly disappointed by the person that showed up.

I was irritated at times, but pretty much kept it cordial and spoke to the man a couple of minutes and then made my departure.
My kind of woman.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My kind of woman.

Haha. Life is too short to be nasty to people that are basically harmless. We're all trying to be happy. Even those guys that lied. It's easier to leave without acrimony than to fight and cause both parties unnecessary stress.

I had so many friends tell me, why didn't you just leave since they lied?

Because it's just mean.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

When I was actively dating, I would suggest my favorite cafe with a full dinner menu and impeccable wine list. I had already befriended the owner there and he would keep an eye out for me.

But this way if the date went well, we could continue the evening with ease. They also had a musician come around 9 pm… so, if it went badly, there was always something fun to do after.

I had a great time no matter how the date went.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
When I was actively dating, I would suggest my favorite cafe with a full dinner menu and impeccable wine list. I had already befriended the owner there and he would keep an eye out for me.

But this way, if the date went well you could continue the evening with ease. They also had a musician come around 9 pm… so, if it went badly, there was always something fun to do after.

I had a great time no matter how the date went.

I did that with my last first meet, with my partner. We had a great time, and he invited me out to dinner that same night again for a couple days later...

He is a gentleman, smart AF, funny, interesting, engaging...we still make each other laugh daily. We don't stay angry with one another beyond a few minutes. He was worth all those other dates.

10 years later, here we are

wizer

Factory Bastard
I never jerked men around when I was dating. I don't play games with people.
But you are, admittedly, quite overweight. Probably morbidly obese, as I understand it from the various posts on here, and references to photos you have posted, and you have not denied it.

Did you make any attempt to deceive potential dating partners by not showing full body photos on your profile?

The obvious unequivocal answer is yes.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
But you are, admittedly, quite overweight. Probably morbidly obese, as I understand it from the various posts on here, and references to photos you have posted, and you have not denied it.

Did you make any attempt to deceive potential dating partners by not showing full body photos on your profile?

The obvious unequivocal answer is yes.

Okay, I'll un-dismiss again.

No, I never lied. I posted real pictures of myself.