How do the alerts work?

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Does it put you on a list if you post in a thread, so all replies in that thread send an alert message?

Just curious why some threads let me know they have been updated and others do not.

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
We have to buy an ADD ON to simply do what we should already be able to do.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Does this help?

I have a priority list of ADD ONs to buy this week... The board will be worked on Wednesday and you'll notice changes/updates.

OP
OP
Dageaux

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
not really what I was curious about. I see the whole getting multiple alerts on one thread that has been updated several times since my last visit. I am smart enough to filter those in my head.

Let me explain why I am asking. I sometimes surf this page at work, so I am very careful about what I click while on that machine. I am just wondering if I need to heavily monitor what I click on in alerts. I don't normally reply to the NSFW threads, and thankfully none have shown up in my alert let yet.

Im just wondering if I continue not to post in NSFW then will I not have to worry (too much) about clicking on anything in my alerts

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Fix your settings or change your browsing habits. I only get alerts for 'likes' and quotes.

Gyroscope

OmniPoster
Site Supporter
Im just wondering if I continue not to post in NSFW then will I not have to worry (too much) about clicking on anything in my alerts
Sounds like a gamble honestly, I would say this site in general can be NSFW at times. IN GENERAL if you stay out of Meltdown, Erotica, and some threads in the Death forum you might be safe, but you never know when you'll find a random NSFW pic or something. You can also kinda guess by who's quoting you what their response might be. For example, if Dilf quotes you he's probably sharing scat, if KAM quotes you he's probably saying some autistic shit, etc.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thanks guys. all helpful advice
I'm on another forum with the same software. It got to the point where I'd submit a post and then scroll up to 'unwatch thread' after every post. Tedious. LOL I finally found the checkbox in the settings.

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
well it all starts with your brain..if you can't start from there you're just out of luck, never be alerted over any nudes posted or any other fascinating shit on here, and might as well do a bourdain/williams etc..

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
Yes, in setting you can unfollow everything. Yay!

I'm having issues with it not recognizing where I left off in a thread. It says there are new posts, and there are, but it doesn't take me to where I last left off. Also, sometimes I'm not getting updates that there is new content when there is.

Growing pains I suppose, we will get it figured out soon.