I like guns..

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Hey blazor did you know that 40,000 Canucks fought in the civil war?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Did not know that lol.

But I see most of y'all fought for the Union according to that article. Could be a couple reasons why. Lincoln put up the whole "free the slaves" thing halfway/near the end of the war. This was to gain support from foreign countries. So that could of been part of it. Also, Union troops stopped/punished those that headed South from the North, or ones that supported the South in any way. So even if Canucks wanted to fight for the South, they couldnt, which is prolly also why so few did.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
Well I live in western Khanada and I hate being ruled over by the eastern overlords so it would be a safe bet that if I were alive back then That I would have fought for the Stars and Bars.:rightON:

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
I never understood the fetish over firearms. A 30.06 for deer season, a 9mm for home, another for the road... but a fucking arsenal just because "It's mah rights!" is ridiculous.

"I got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4 wheel drive, and a country boy can survive" lol.

Thats all I've needed, along with a pistol.
LOL, call me an inbred, hickey, redneck or trailer trash .. but if i had money, i want a real pick up 1970's, weapon rack and scoped rifle and winchester and three doberman's in the back .. and an american flag covering my back window ..rather than a confederate one ..
tailgatin and bbq'n in the open with mates and afterwards a beer when the sun is going to sleep .. outdoors for fun.

You had me until no Confederate flag :LOL1:

Dont believe the sheeple, that flag has a ton of honor, TONS. Let the snowflakes cry all they want, I know the truth.
i like the confederate flag as history but not as object to be used as an advertising or racism/facism .. i'm normally neutral.

I agree there, I do not approve of when it is used for racism and such. For me, it is a flag flown by my ancestors, as they fought off a Northern invasion that was pillaging the land, homes and families.
yeah exactly, civil war .. it looks cool but i don't know all abt it, i hope someday to learn and see even gettysburg museum or so? looked cool..
and i know many use it for racism or so ..

Im down here in southwest Virginia, so knowing the truth about the Civil War is very important to me. In school they brainwash you, and you have to relearn so much stuff, not just about the civil war.

If you want to know the truth, the BEST website I have found with truth, is Southernheritage411.com . Its done by an old black man.

Believe it or not, the American flag has its own racist roots as well. More so than the Confederate flag. All those slave ships, sported the American flag, not the Confederacy, as those ships landed at Northern ports, and they sold the slaves to the Southerners. Also, when the KKK was first formed, it was the American flag they flew, not the Confederate one. The Confederate flag was not used as a racist symbol until the 1960's or so.

t_1502992427658_name_20170817_KKKrally_licensedfootage.jpg
lol like holland callling me their whit nigger on dutch amystad for info they hoped to haven trauma made me forget and suicidal at times and some dames gone, so destoyed .. not sure if i want to find oout but i'd love to learn abt all of it.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Well I live in western Khanada and I hate being ruled over by the eastern overlords so it would be a safe bet that if I were alive back then That I would have fought for the Stars and Bars.:rightON:

You're a good man Ice, I know you would've lol :Cheers:

Heisenberg

Factory Bastard
incoln put up the whole "free the slaves" thing halfway/near the end of the war. This was to gain support from foreign countries. So that could of been part of it. Also, Union troops stopped/punished those that headed South from the North, or ones that supported the South in any way. So even if Canucks wanted to fight for the South, they couldnt, which is prolly also why so few did.

When Lincoln made the war about the slaves the Union Army came very close to quitting.

While it is currently politically correct to say the war was over slavery it was actually about secession. The main reason the South seceded was the North trying to tax the holy fuck out of them.

Few people know that Lincoln's plan for the freed slaves was to send them back to Africa.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
incoln put up the whole "free the slaves" thing halfway/near the end of the war. This was to gain support from foreign countries. So that could of been part of it. Also, Union troops stopped/punished those that headed South from the North, or ones that supported the South in any way. So even if Canucks wanted to fight for the South, they couldnt, which is prolly also why so few did.

When Lincoln made the war about the slaves the Union Army came very close to quitting.

While it is currently politically correct to say the war was over slavery it was actually about secession. The main reason the South seceded was the North trying to tax the holy fuck out of them.

Few people know that Lincoln's plan for the freed slaves was to send them back to Africa.

Also a lot of those that were in the Union army, were forced into it. Lincoln created the first draft. Also any immigrant coming over was immediately drafted upon coming off the boat.

Your exactly right on the secession and high taxes. Glad someone knows this!

Also few know that Lincoln offered a constitutional amendment early on, forever allowing slavery, if the South would just stay in the Union.

Heisenberg

Factory Bastard
I believe he also allowed Maryland to keep slaves if they stayed in the Union. If they had seceded, DC would have been in Southern territory. Missouri and Kentucky were also slave states and in the Union.

Most do not realize that The Emancipation Proclamation only covered those 3 states. All the Southern states were not part of the country at that time.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I could type all day long about the war of Northern Aggression lol. What they are doing lately trying to banish all Confederate stuff drives me crazy. Before that it always bothered me how they brandish us down here in history class in school, as evil racist white Southern slave owners. Makes me want to protest to teach our kids the truth lol. I know I taught my son the truth.

When he was in high school, they tried to ban camo clothes, saying it was racist! Him and I knew what needed to be done, so he told all his friends on social media to wear camo the next day, and it spread like wildfire. The very next day over half the school showed up wearing camo, and flying Confederate and American flags from pickup trucks hahaha. Needless to say the school reversed that decision lol.

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
I could type all day long about the war of Northern Aggression lol. What they are doing lately trying to banish all Confederate stuff drives me crazy. Before that it always bothered me how they brandish us down here in history class in school, as evil racist white Southern slave owners. Makes me want to protest to teach our kids the truth lol. I know I taught my son the truth.

When he was in high school, they tried to ban camo clothes, saying it was racist! Him and I knew what needed to be done, so he told all his friends on social media to wear camo the next day, and it spread like wildfire. The very next day over half the school showed up wearing camo, and flying Confederate and American flags from pickup trucks hahaha. Needless to say the school reversed that decision lol.
i wanted that too long ago, confederate flag and weapon rack etc .. but it is too hick or redneck? for a european guy like me it is just a genuine car from texas area and around .. we have ugly cars in europe, no wonder they burn them in france, engines sound fucked up unless bmw or audi or above .. that is more or less okay ... the rest you can't respect notme, like parking and scratches eu cars are fucked and shit .. a mustang old timer or new one, with line and sexyness and engine roaring are to care for like purring cats ..

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

i wanted that too long ago, confederate flag and weapon rack etc .. but it is too hick or redneck? for a european guy like me it is just a genuine car from texas area and around .. we have ugly cars in europe, no wonder they burn them in france, engines sound fucked up unless bmw or audi or above .. that is more or less okay ... the rest you can't respect notme, like parking and scratches eu cars are fucked and shit .. a mustang old timer or new one, with line and sexyness and engine roaring are to care for like purring cats ..

Its not too hick lol. I wish I could store my rifles in my Jeep easier, but there isnt much of a rack system for them.

Btw, do ya know where the term Redneck originated from? Redneck is actually a proud thing, but the term has been tarnished by the damn Yankees.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
I used to have a gun rack in the back window of my old 1974 GMC pick up. It held an old Marlin .30-.30 and two fishing poles. No one batted an eye back then because it was a normal thing to have in your truck.
Nowadays people would call the cops on you if you had a rifle in the back window. Yup that old saying "The good old days" is true.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I used to have a gun rack in the back window of my old 1974 GMC pick up. It held an old Marlin .30-.30 and two fishing poles. No one batted an eye back then because it was a normal thing to have in your truck.
Nowadays people would call the cops on you if you had a rifle in the back window. Yup that old saying "The good old days" is true.

I have a Marlin .30-.30, my son has one, my uncle has one, my dad had one but now he is gone so I have his too.

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter

Its not too hick lol. I wish I could store my rifles in my Jeep easier, but there isnt much of a rack system for them.

Btw, do ya know where the term Redneck originated from? Redneck is actually a proud thing, but the term has been tarnished by the damn Yankees.
gi's, yankees, i thought redneck and other derivations where racist?

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
the marlin .30-.30 looks sweet ... all scoped weapons are, i hope to hunt deer someday alone or so .. but with a genuine kar 98 they are brutal and loud and aggressive, 98-s is sweet .. like the m14.
do you own amny?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Ice is right on the origin. Early 1800s. The term was made more famous when a bunch of coal miners were tired of their treatment, and went on strike and had an uprising. Not far from me actually. Battle of Blair Mountain in 1920 or so. Didnt matter if you were white, black, or whatever, they united under a red bandana around their neck, and marched.

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
This arrived from Cabelas today. A 1954 Russian SKS.. All numbers match except for the magazine.:rightON:

IMG-2412.jpg
they are brutal like m14 and m1a1, fg42 (single shot) more difficult i guess but more damaging a target or animal ..

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
This arrived from Cabelas today. A 1954 Russian SKS.. All numbers match except for the magazine.:rightON:
they are brutal like m14 and m1a1, fg42 (single shot) more difficult i guess but more damaging a target or animal ..

These shoot the same ammo as the AK-47.. 7.62 X 39, I shot a deer with one years ago but the 7.62 X 39 is to small for moose or elk but good for Zombies.:Grin3:

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter

These shoot the same ammo as the AK-47.. 7.62 X 39, I shot a deer with one years ago but the 7.62 X 39 is to small for moose or elk but good for Zombies.:Grin3:
too small and too fast and wont fraction inside but more perforating?

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

too small and too fast and wont fraction inside but more perforating?

It depends on what bullet type you use. A full metal jacket is military issue and it will give you more penetration but will cause less internal damage. A softpiont bullet will not penetrate as far but will tear your insides all to fuck.. btw.. up here you can not legally hunt with a fmj and must use a softpiont...
Here's a good video of the SKS

Heisenberg

Factory Bastard
A buddy and I were shooting railroad plates at 100 yards with an SKS. He was using surplus Norinco ammo that had a carbide pin in it. We were having a lot of fun until the pins started zinging back at us. Kinda weird hearing them whizzing over your head.

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
A buddy and I were shooting railroad plates at 100 yards with an SKS. He was using surplus Norinco ammo that had a carbide pin in it. We were having a lot of fun until the pins started zinging back at us. Kinda weird hearing them whizzing over your head.
they should forbid norinco, they are lame aren't they, simple replicas from china?