I like guns..

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
I, too, like guns. I like my Springfield XD-E Single Stack .45ACP with Veridian. Potent little fucker and it didn't break the bank, even for a freelance writer such as m'self.

Last summer I picked up a Remington 1911 .45 acp. I also have a Norinco 1911 .45acp and a Sig Sauer 1911 .22lr
IMG_1947_zpsxvf5daec.jpg

I'm in love.......

Until a kid gets hold of the gun and the damage is not to imagine :-(

That's why you be a responsible parent and lock them away in a safe or somewhere they can't access it. You own guns to keep your kids safe from crazy pedophiles and rapists that could potentially break into your home at night while you sleep.....mf would eat some lead in my house!!! When you're a single mom with 2 kids, that's what you do to keep your babies safe.

Do you know that single mothers in the Netherlands hardly ever own a gun? And do you know how often people break in to do something to their kids? Almost 0...
Now, let's check: how often do the single mothers in the US use the gun to protect their children agains the situation you described?

Well I suppose it all depends on her location and the crime rate in that area. Not everything us all "peaches and cream" in America compared to your Netherlands. In America, a woman can own a gun. I own quite a few and I am pro our 2nd ammendment rights. Our 2nd amendment was given to us so we can defend ourselves from a tyrannical government.....blowing someone's head off in their attempt to hurt you or your child is just a bonus.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
I, too, like guns. I like my Springfield XD-E Single Stack .45ACP with Veridian. Potent little fucker and it didn't break the bank, even for a freelance writer such as m'self.

Last summer I picked up a Remington 1911 .45 acp. I also have a Norinco 1911 .45acp and a Sig Sauer 1911 .22lr
IMG_1947_zpsxvf5daec.jpg

I'm in love.......

That's why you be a responsible parent and lock them away in a safe or somewhere they can't access it. You own guns to keep your kids safe from crazy pedophiles and rapists that could potentially break into your home at night while you sleep.....mf would eat some lead in my house!!! When you're a single mom with 2 kids, that's what you do to keep your babies safe.

Do you know that single mothers in the Netherlands hardly ever own a gun? And do you know how often people break in to do something to their kids? Almost 0...
Now, let's check: how often do the single mothers in the US use the gun to protect their children agains the situation you described?

Well I suppose it all depends on her location and the crime rate in that area. Not everything us all "peaches and cream" in America compared to your Netherlands. In America, a woman can own a gun. I own quite a few and I am pro our 2nd ammendment rights. Our 2nd amendment was given to us so we can defend ourselves from a tyrannical government.....blowing someone's head off in their attempt to hurt you or your child is just a bonus.

Do you have any numbers on how often people use the gun rightfully to protect themself of their loved ones compared to how often shey shoot someone they did not actually want to shoot?

And regarding the tyrannical government... how would that work? Can you just shoot Trump because he is an ass and completely imcompetent?

Succubus

Site Supporter

IMG_1947_zpsxvf5daec.jpg

I'm in love.......

Do you have any numbers on how often people use the gun rightfully to protect themself of their loved ones compared to how often shey shoot someone they did not actually want to shoot?

And regarding the tyrannical government... how would that work? Can you just shoot Trump because he is an ass and completely imcompetent?

I don't want to shoot anyone just to shoot them for shits n giggles. I would even TRY not to take their life when shooting them in self defense....but if it happens it happens. Especially if someone tried to hurt one of my children. I'm not a random murderer. Yes, I understand what you mean by gun violence and gun control, etc....but even if there was gun control here in the US, there will always be the "black market". So if you take guns away from RIGHTFULLY BEARING LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, how will they defend themselves from a thig that HAS a gun thats not registered that he bought from the black market????? My point, exactly. The felons purchasing the gun illegally doesn't care that it's against the law and they will do it anyway.

Q

Banned
I don't want to shoot anyone just to shoot them for shits n giggles. I would even TRY not to take their life when shooting them in self defense....but if it happens it happens. Especially if someone tried to hurt one of my children. I'm not a random murderer. Yes, I understand what you mean by gun violence and gun control, etc....but even if there was gun control here in the US, there will always be the "black market". So if you take guns away from RIGHTFULLY BEARING LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, how will they defend themselves from a thig that HAS a gun thats not registered that he bought from the black market????? My point, exactly. The felons purchasing the gun illegally doesn't care that it's against the law and they will do it anyway.

In all countries there is a black market for guns. Also here. That does not mean we should all get armed, we should stop the illegal market in guns. And that is why we have the police.
Just because of the risk of you having a gun, the person who breaks into your house will also bring a gun. Here a burglar will come unarmed. In both cases there is damage and stuff broken and stolen, but at least we all live. I no not want to imagine what the damage will be when you catch the burglar in jouw house and he starts to shoot...

The more guns there are in a society, the more and the heavier guns the "bad people" will of that society have. And that is just waiting for horrible things to happen.
You think you are protecting yourself with the gun, but in reality it is no defense. It does more bad than good, because the one who comes to harm you, will just bring a bigger, automatic gun. And that person knows how to use it, while the common gun owner is not trained in using a gun (which is more difficult than you think, especially when to use it against a human being).

And then there is the risk of a child getting hold of the gun. How old are yours? Can you imagine what could happen if one of them gets hold of any gun?

And ofcourse I know that I now make things very easy, beacuse there is no way to get all guns out of the american society. I just think some more control would be good. And some people should not be allowed to have a gun. Think of convicted criminals. And maybe even a mandatory training when you want to aquire a gun. So many options to get some improvement....

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
That's why you be a responsible parent and lock them away in a safe or somewhere they can't access it.
Or, better still, that's why you educate them about it, yourself -- assuming you've gotten the necessary education for yourself first. Demystify the gun, and reinforce the knowledge that it's not a toy, that it's not "rebellious" or "cool" to "play with it". By doing so, you make it no more appealing to play with or pose with the gun in the house than the fire extinguisher.

But the bottom line is this: Dangerously irresponsible children are the products of dangerously irresponsible parents. Until they leave the house and enter the world as adults, everything they do and everything that happens to your children is on you.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
I just think some more control would be good.

Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, and every single American city, county, or state where more stringent gun control exists is proof that more stringent gun control not only fails but backfires.

Increasing the plurality, pervasiveness, or severity of infringements on human rights is not an answer. Reinforcing society's value for human life and self control is.

Q

Banned
I just think some more control would be good.

Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, and every single American city, county, or state where more stringent gun control exists is proof that more stringent gun control not only fails but backfires.

Increasing the plurality, pervasiveness, or severity of infringements on human rights is not an answer. Reinforcing society's value for human life and self control is.

The fact that those cities did a bad job, does not mean that the idea is bad. Having too much dangerous weapons in your society is a bad idea. Sooner or later people who should not get a hold of them, will get hold of them and then he shit hits the fan... And anyway, the bad guys will just get bigger guns...

I agree with you on the last part: human life and self control is very valueable.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
The fact that those cities did a bad job, does not mean that the idea is bad.

Yes, in fact, that's exactly what it means. Shit ideas get shit results, and you're looking at the shit results which have arisen from that shit idea. That's how cause and effect works.

Succubus

Site Supporter
That's why you be a responsible parent and lock them away in a safe or somewhere they can't access it.
Or, better still, that's why you educate them about it, yourself -- assuming you've gotten the necessary education for yourself first. Demystify the gun, and reinforce the knowledge that it's not a toy, that it's not "rebellious" or "cool" to "play with it". By doing so, you make it no more appealing to play with or pose with the gun in the house than the fire extinguisher.

But the bottom line is this: Dangerously irresponsible children are the products of dangerously irresponsible parents. Until they leave the house and enter the world as adults, everything they do and everything that happens to your children is on you.

I agree. My children know that a gun is a tool and if they see it not to touch it. It's no different than having a skill saw out or any other tool that could be harmful to them. They know not to go near it. I teach my children. When they reach a certain age they will be going to a gun range with me and learning how to shoot. I am already teaching them everything there is to know about a gun. I've been going to gun ranges since I was 24 years old. I'm 37 now. Trust me when I say, I know how to use a gun well enough. Most men/women that rob/kill take advantage of women that appear to be helpless...the ones with children....walking around without the father with them...scoping them out. I know how this shit works. We already have a system that shows who is allowed/not allowed to own a gun. It works for the most part when guns are being obtained "legally" but it doesn't control the black market (although law enforcement is trying to crack down on illegal firearms and those who posses them illegally).

Q

Banned

Yes, in fact, that's exactly what it means. Shit ideas get shit results, and you're looking at the shit results which have arisen from that shit idea. That's how cause and effect works.

Bad executon of a good idea does not make the idea a bad thing. That does not make any sense :-S

Q

Banned
I agree. My children know that a gun is a tool and if they see it not to touch it. It's no different than having a skill saw out or any other tool that could be harmful to them. They know not to go near it. I teach my children. When they reach a certain age they will be going to a gun range with me and learning how to shoot. I am already teaching them everything there is to know about a gun. I've been going to gun ranges since I was 24 years old. I'm 37 now. Trust me when I say, I know how to use a gun well enough. Most men/women that rob/kill take advantage of women that appear to be helpless...the ones with children....walking around without the father with them...scoping them out. I know how this shit works. We already have a system that shows who is allowed/not allowed to own a gun. It works for the most part when guns are being obtained "legally" but it doesn't control the black market (although law enforcement is trying to crack down on illegal firearms and those who posses them illegally).

The problem is that a gun and a saw are completely different in its "status". No kid would think about having a "cool picture" of himself on Tiktok/Facebook/Insta/Etc. woth a saw, but with a gun....? We have all seen the examples. And even the examples where is has gone wrong and the gun fired by accident.

I love the fact that you educate your children about guns. I really do, because education is very important for scary stuff like that.
I just know that not all parents can or will do it. And you might be a good example, but unfortunately for every good example there are multiple bad examples.

But the fact remains that the more weapens there are, the more they will be misused. Any person, adult or child, that gets harmed where it is not neccessary should be prevented in my opinion. And I live in a place where we show the proof that owning a gun is not required.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter

Bad executon of a good idea does not make the idea a bad thing.

Considering how many times now the idea has been executed, and observing how frequently the results not only aren't good but are, in fact, tragic... at some point you have to simply accept that it isn't a good idea. Consider this: if the execution is always bad, that in itself is the flaw that makes the idea bad.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
No kid would think about having a "cool picture" of himself on Tiktok/Facebook/Insta/Etc. woth a saw, but with a gun....?

You're missing the point that kids think guns are "cool" because they're taboo. Kids love forbidden power and affectations of adulthood. That's why underaged vaping wasn't a problem until so-called "health" authorities started screaming for teenagers not to do it -- whereupon it promply exploded in popularity. It became a point on which they could make a show of defying "authority", and that made it "cool." The outcry caused more harm than good. It always does.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The problem is that a gun and a saw are completely different in its "status". No kid would think about having a "cool picture" of himself on Tiktok/Facebook/Insta/Etc. woth a saw, but with a gun....? We have all seen the examples. And even the examples where is has gone wrong and the gun fired by accident.

I love the fact that you educate your children about guns. I really do, because education is very important for scary stuff like that.
I just know that not all parents can or will do it. And you might be a good example, but unfortunately for every good example there are multiple bad examples.

But the fact remains that the more weapens there are, the more they will be misused. Any person, adult or child, that gets harmed where it is not neccessary should be prevented in my opinion. And I live in a place where we show the proof that owning a gun is not required.

2aaab28a57480d9d7026b0fc1e1a48bb.jpg

Q

Banned

Considering how many times now the idea has been executed, and observing how frequently the results not only aren't good but are, in fact, tragic... at some point you have to simply accept that it isn't a good idea. Consider this: if the execution is always bad, that in itself is the flaw that makes the idea bad.

I have a different word for that: sabotage. The Gun-lovers sabotage the correct executing

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter

I have a different word for that: sabotage. The Gun-lovers sabotage the correct executing

If an idea can be sabotaged, again, it's not a good idea. See, here's where I think people who are pro- human rights and people who don't mind their human rights being compromised arrive at a chasm of differing opinion:

The latter judge ideas by the intentions those ideas are sold on. The former judge ideas on the results they produce. Bad results = bad idea.

Q

Banned

If an idea can be sabotaged, again, it's not a good idea. See, here's where I think people who are pro- human rights and people who don't mind their human rights being compromised arrive at a chasm of differing opinion:

The latter judge ideas by the intentions those ideas are sold on. The former judge ideas on the results they produce. Bad results = bad idea.

So if you hire a contractor to build you a house and he messes up, then building a house is a bad idea and the whole mankind should stop building houses? Ehhmm.... that does not really make sense...

Good ideas can be exected in a bad manner and in politics that is -unfortunately- pretty common. And the whole gun stuff is a lot of politics.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
So if you hire a contractor to build you a house and he messes up, then building a house is a bad idea and the whole mankind should stop building houses?

Bad comparison. Here's a better one: You have 5 kids. They're all noisy. One expert tells you to hit the kid in the head with a baseball bat. Whoops! Dead kid. Next expert tells you to hit the next kid in the head with a baseball bat. Whoops! Dead kid. At what point do you stop listening to "experts" telling you to hit the kid in the head with a baseball bat?

There is no "right" way to execute a bad idea and get good results.

We're not getting good results.

So it should be apparent by now that it's a bad idea.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
" If an idea can be sabotaged, again, it's not a good idea " :Confused3:

:Confused:

Reactions: Q

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
Good ideas start from solid premises based on repeatable observation and testing, leave no room for loopholes, and have clearly defined objectives.

If your idea is so poorly defined or based on such faulty premises that its execution not only fails to achieve its intended goals but actually results in their direct opposites? It was poorly conceived, based on a faulty assumption, or worse: both. In short, it was a bad idea.

The faulty assumption, where gun control is concerned, is that people will commit crimes like robbery and murder -- but strictly obey lesser laws that decide what weapons they can use to commit those much more serious crimes. They won't. If they're willing to break the law by killing another human being, they're not going to obey a law that says they can't have a weapon to make it easier. They'll break that law, too -- and as we can see, they do.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Okay !! you ARE dumb .. and have a leaky word problem . :LMAO3: