Is Vancouver a Shithole?

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
When I was there 35 years ago it was a really cool place. Vibrant and very chill.

I've recently seen news reports that paint it as a filthy hellhole looking more like a 21st century Victorian London with all vices on public display than a clean, modern city.

I felt very safe and welcome there but I don't think I'd like to go back in it's current state.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I was there 35 years ago it was a really cool place. Vibrant and very chill.

I've recently seen news reports that paint it as a filthy hellhole looking more like a 21st century Victorian London with all vices on public display than a clean, modern city.

I felt very safe and welcome there but I don't think I'd like to go back in it's current state.

Downtown Eastside.

Yeah that's kinda rough. They should or really need to clean it up. There has been an increase in petty crime & stabbings. Gun laws are stricter than the US so why haven't had any mass shootings....yet.

Fortunately I live in the nice wealthy tourist section of town where all the hotels are. Near the beach and parks. So they'll never let it run down like that cuz they can't afford to because tourism is their major source of revenue. So there's a Lotta police & surveillance cameras. Some years back some guy was stabbing people with a knife but he was caught on camera. So at least in the nice part of town they're always on the lookout for criminal behaviour.

We have too much pot & smoke joints so the city kinda stinks like pot.

Rates of Covid have been relatively low in the nicer parts of town. Nice to live near the beach and it seems to blow the germs into the sea.

I think people have come to this part of the world to escape covid. I see a Lotta brits and Irish people. Person has a much greater likelihood of escaping severe covid here.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways it's cool or cold n rainy on the West coast lately @The Prowler. Raining right now. It's only 50-60 F.

But I hear much of the States is in a heat wave. Is it hot where u r?

So people who wanna escape the heat might wanna come here.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
The West has totally given up on Law and Order. Drugs, sexual deviancy, GIBSMEDAT entitlement and identity politics carry teh day now. Our once shining cities are the canvas upon which the lowest scum of the earth perform their iniquities.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
yeh ..living in a warmer climate really sucks ass .....

is it a brain damage thinbg yeh got goin' thir prowly ??

The Scoundrel

Total Twat

Downtown Eastside.

Yeah that's kinda rough. They should or really need to clean it up. There has been an increase in petty crime & stabbings. Gun laws are stricter than the US so why haven't had any mass shootings....yet.

Fortunately I live in the nice wealthy tourist section of town where all the hotels are. Near the beach and parks. So they'll never let it run down like that cuz they can't afford to because tourism is their major source of revenue. So there's a Lotta police & surveillance cameras. Some years back some guy was stabbing people with a knife but he was caught on camera. So at least in the nice part of town they're always on the lookout for criminal behaviour.

Rates of Covid have been relatively low in the nicer parts of town. Nice to live near the beach and it seems to blow the germs into the sea.

I think people have come to this part of the world to escape covid. I see a Lotta brits and Irish people. Person has a much greater likelihood of escaping severe covid here.

I was working at Little Mountain studio which you may remember? I believe it's been through some name and ownership changes so might be called something different now?

I got to spend the usual small amount of time out in the city (18 hr days 7 days a week) but I remember it as being very clean and the natives as hospitable. The local chix were the usual slags and groupies you find hanging around famous rock bands and Vancouver pussy smelt pretty much the same as NY or LA pussy TBH.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Downtown Eastside.

I was working at Little Mountain studio which you may remember? I believe it's been through some name and ownership changes so might be called something different now?

I got to spend the usual small amount of time out in the city (18 hr days 7 days a week) but I remember it as being very clean and the natives as hospitable. The local chix were the usual slags and groupies you find hanging around famous rock bands and Vancouver pussy smelt pretty much the same as NY or LA pussy TBH.
Aerosmith or Bon Jovi??

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
lol

this ain’t shit next to Chicago.

Pussies

I watched every episode of Due South in the 90's and I can confirm that Chicago is a shitehole.
I’ve never said it wasn’t, my guy.

Cook county is fucking Beirut. We average what, 20 killings every weekend? The cops are as crooked as Mexico police, if you get locked up the chances your staying there are very high, there’s riots every week and the mayor is more worried about throwing out first pitches at baseball games then the growing drug problem.

Still love it, tho. Nobody fucks with me. I know too many ppl.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
lol

Pussies

I watched every episode of Due South in the 90's and I can confirm that Chicago is a shitehole.

Cook county is fucking Beirut. We average what, 20 killings every weekend? The cops are as crooked as Mexico police, if you get locked up the chances your staying there are very high, there’s riots every week and the mayor is more worried about throwing out first pitches at baseball games then the growing drug problem.

Did you know King Von? My kid loves that Chicago drill music

Blandscape

Factory Bastard
lol

Pussies

I used to always never wonder if Cook County had more chefs per capita than the rest of the US? Murders yeah, but cooks no?

Master

Site Supporter
lol

Pussies

Did you know King Von? My kid loves that Chicago drill music
Actually….

i knew Keef who was one of them guys you just didn’t fuck with….at all. I also knew K.I who was Joe Pesci from goodfellas, the black version.

Von wasn’t on the team I rooted for, if you know what I mean. Keef was bad, but he also did a lot of good, too.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
I’m familiar with all of that. Von and Durk are regularly discussed at LSA. Hell, Reddit has a whole forum called Chiraquology that is dedicated to that scene.

Master

Site Supporter
I’m familiar with all of that. Von and Durk are regularly discussed at LSA. Hell, Reddit has a whole forum called Chiraquology that is dedicated to that scene.
Well, I wasn’t some guy on that “scene”. When I bartended JBC Keef was always there, and when he wasn’t, somebody in his crew was.

Top notch tippers, all of them. Keef especially made you leave with heavy pockets. Which was funny considering the cops were scared of the guy.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
He was in and out. I only worked with Cozy at the Blackpool studio (Berlin). Carmine was pretty much ensconced by the time we got to Vancouver and played on the album. The comings and goings (all at John's behest) were Spinal Tap like in their frequency and reasoning. The only real good guy there was Nik Green (Keyboards) a true English eccentric and virtuoso.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
He was in and out. I only worked with Cozy at the Blackpool studio (Berlin). Carmine was pretty much ensconced by the time we got to Vancouver and played on the album. The comings and goings (all at John's behest) were Spinal Tap like in their frequency and reasoning. The only real good guy there was Nik Green (Keyboards) a true English eccentric and virtuoso.
Sykes is, I guess, nearly impossible to work with...

Although Sabbath and such were pretty similar in the mid 80s as well...

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Sykes is, I guess, nearly impossible to work with...

Although Sabbath and such were pretty similar in the mid 80s as well...

You got that one right bro.

He was like a cartoon character Heavy Metal ego machine. I don't know how the rest of the guys put up with him at all. Only Tony Franklin came close in the twat stakes and in fact there were a few really great blokes. Cozy was cool, Nik was a wonderful person and Ray Gillen was a delight and very modest. Hanging round with John got me laid nearly every night for 4 years so I shouldn't moan about the soppy Southern cunt too much.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

You. Fucking. Moron.

Someone needs to shove a train of Slurpee straws up your ass until you can snort fly shit off the sidewalk without ever letting go of your walker handles.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Vancouver, and Victoria for that matter, are two shitholes that need to be fucking NUKED!

I have full experience with both cities, so am able to determine if they need nuking... They do.

@Blurt lives in Victoria, Mel.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Right S..... see my favourite Scouser gets it! He was in the Bar-el, so he kens whit he's talking aboot.

The Cook County penal system looks based on the Scottish one.

Utter squalor and overcrowding being the norm

I'm still gutted I never got the compo dished out to anyone who'd ever slopped out. Claims closed in about 2007 and I missed it by years. It was only a few grand but would have felt like revenge.