Is Vancouver a Shithole?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I remember watching this a while back and I was like WTF!!! Is that how piss is always by a fire outside them I remembered this is Vancouver, the other side from Toronto... Is Toronto like this too?

Even Glasgow is nothing like this NOTHING LIKE IT! Fucking Youtube but honestly a great doc if you've got an hour

DDT

Factory Bastard
I remember watching this a while back and I was like WTF!!! Is that how piss is always by a fire outside them I remembered this is Vancouver, the other side from Toronto... Is Toronto like this too?

Even Glasgow is nothing like this NOTHING LIKE IT!

Toronto is a shithole also. Basically any large city here is a shithole. It never used to be that bad here, but because of a variety of factors things are like that now. Moving rural is the key to find peace and beauty in this country.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Toronto is a shithole also. Basically any large city here is a shithole. It never used to be that bad here, but because of a variety of factors things are like that now. Moving rural is the key to find peace and beauty in this country.

Cities worldwide have mainly improved. Certainly over the past nearly 40 years since I've been travelling. Granted you don't normally get to see the rough underbelly but Canadian cities seem to be rotting from the top down.

It's unusual.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Even Glasgow is nothing like this NOTHING LIKE IT!

The picture in my head of Canada was completely ruined when I seen these docs... Such a vast and beautiful country, full of super friendly people then I see these docs and then one about a remote road where you'll be driving by bodies of mainly undiscovered sex workers and I'm like fuuuuuck!!! Is there still places where tourists can go fishing on remote lakes and sample the real Canada or is it all dead?

DDT

Factory Bastard
Cities worldwide have mainly improved. Certainly over the past nearly 40 years since I've been travelling. Granted you don't normally get to see the rough underbelly but Canadian cities seem to be rotting from the top down.

It's unusual.
It's a variety of factors... Closing down the nuthouses didn't help, but the main factor is real estate prices. For instance, here in BC a single person on welfare will get $375/month to rent a place. There was a time when you could find ghetto shithole apartments for that, but not so much anymore. And since the bums don't like the rules that most shelters demand, they now become a public nuisance.

DDT

Factory Bastard
The picture in my head of Canada was completely ruined when I seen these docs... Such a vast and beautiful country, full of super friendly people then I see these docs and then one about a remote road where you'll be driving by bodies of mainly undiscovered sex workers and I'm like fuuuuuck!!! Is there still places where tourists can go fishing on remote lakes and sample the real Canada or is it all dead?
Once you leave the big cities, it can be a beautiful place. I live in such a region now. I'm surrounded by almost unlimited mountains and lakes, and the population here is low. You'll have the lakes all to yourself out here! Rural people are good. Just be careful though... No cell service mixed with rugged remoteness means nobody around if you hurt yourself!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Lemme aks you canadians a qweshun...

What's the furthest North you've even gotten up to?
I don't think I've been further than 200km north of the Can/US border. Most Canadians would have no reason to travel up into the north, as there isn't much there at all except little injun towns.

The furthest north I have been in Canada was Prince George. It was odd being in a city where families with four year olds went out to coffee shops at 2am.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Probably Thunder Bay, ON
There used to be a poster on the other board originally from there. He'd complain how it was a chug infested dangerous shithole...

I did some work up there. Flew in. Was only there for 4 or 5 days. Flew back.

It looked like it had a pretty slummy downtown for such a small city.

But I am planning to go up around there later this summer on a camping trip. I will not spend much time at all in the city.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Even Glasgow is nothing like this NOTHING LIKE IT! Fucking Youtube but honestly a great doc if you've got an hour

That drug dealer being interviewed, they didn't even bother blocking his face out ffs LOL.

The daft twat is probs in jail after that.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Vancouver has a lt of extreme wealth and extreme poverty..

The middle class is shrinking.

Odd thing is...I don't mind if outsiders run down Vancouver & especailly the Ruling Elite that runs our city. Those people need a good swift kick in the head & a boot in the ass. Actually I wouldn't mind if the New York Times ran an expose so our leaders would clean up their act & do something about it. I think the last time they did on money laundering the guv finally smarten ed up & launched a probe.

There is a lot of money in this city but it isn't being spent properly. There's much greed here propping up a corrupt elite. We have a concentration of mansions in one part of the city and then a hole on the Downtown Eastside which ironically the government pumps 1 billion a year.

So simple to clean up that area. Simply close down the hotels and relocatE the people there to drug and alcohol facilities throughout the province with their needs taken care of. Housing & 3 square meals a day. Then dont allow them to move back in. Make that area shops and offices only. It's essentially prime real estate. And the main part is only 6 blocks. I don't know why the can't clean it up. What's wrong with our leaders?!

ItD cost a pretty penny but it'd be worth it. It's dragging our city down and has become this major eyesore.

Sometimes ya have to pay a price if ya want yer city back. I figger if they shoveled money inta the pockets of a corrupt elite they should do it for others

Last edited: