It must be moth season

Kitty Zhang

Factory Bastard
Weird. Those moths are only found in certain parts of South America, mainly Brazil.

They go for a hefty sum in China due to their strong Aphrodisiac qualities.

Theirs a reason you brought them into your kitchen. How many have you eaten?

Save A few for Valentine’s Day! She’ll love ya

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Weird. Those moths are only found in certain parts of South America, mainly Brazil.

LOL they come into the kitchen themselves, my area is bug country from October until March

Brazoolians will eat these, though

They're giant ants, they come around October

Back when Brazoo was really poor, lots of darkies would go around gathering them

They usually come out after a couple rainy days

g2Rzifh.jpeg

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

LOL they come into the kitchen themselves, my area is bug country from October until March

Brazoolians will eat these, though

They're giant ants, they come around October

Back when Brazoo was really poor, lots of darkies would go around gathering them

They usually come out after a couple rainy days

g2Rzifh.jpeg
u must get the freakiest bugs under the flood light at night

Reactions: X
OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Did you take that picture?

Are those the eyes that are visible? Or are there eyes up near/past the antenna? Is that a 2x2 piece of wood or a 4x4 or...?

So many questions...
I took the pic and it's a chair. Dunno about the eyes, but I'd say they're those black dots on the side close to the base of the antennas

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
u must get the freakiest bugs under the flood light at night

cicadas, beetles, crickets, depends on the season

when i was young at a bungalow my family rented for the summer all sorts of crazy bugs would flock 2 the light every night and this freakishly massive toad would 'hop' (walk lol) under it 2 feast

ever get stung by a bullet ant?

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Actually I took the pic at the same time I had had taken another pic I posted here before

The one with the dogs at the X-mas family reunion

My cousin's wife was sitting on the chair when the beetle landed there

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I took the pic and it's a chair. Dunno about the eyes, but I'd say they're those black dots on the side close to the base of the antennas

It is a nice picture.

See how the thick white line going up the last section of the body before the head is not centred between the eye-like things (I wonder if they might be some kind of ear and the eyes are facing forward, past the antennas)? I think that must be the head past the white line and he is turning his head 10 degrees or so.

Anyways, cool picture. Cool insect.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Actually I took the pic at the same time I had had taken another pic I posted here before

The one with the dogs at the X-mas family reunion

My cousin's wife was sitting on the chair when the beetle landed there

In that third pic down you can see his head is centred with the thick white line on his body. Very colourful bug.

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
]

when i was young at a bungalow my family rented for the summer all sorts of crazy bugs would flock 2 the light every night and this freakishly massive toad would 'hop' (walk lol) under it 2 feast

Yeah, it's the same here, only time you won't see too many are around winter, from may to august

IS this ant you're talking about?

NaEXMc1.jpeg

This one is not very common in homes here, but I did have a small colony of them living on the orange tree in my backyard and I got stung by them a couple times, very painful, kinda like a wasp, the bump is small but it gets red around the bite and sore and it itches for a few days. So one time I brought another type of big black ants that don't bite and release them on the base of my orange tree. The bullet ants disappear and this ones don't bother me and they don't eat human food, they live off the stuff that grows on the trees. I have them in the farm's orchard, I don't have problems with bugs or other types of ants. They even kill the wasps that like to nest on the fruit trees, which are the real concern, you can get blind if one of them stings you in the eye.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
]

Yeah, it's the same here, only time you won't see too many are around winter, from may to august

IS this ant you're talking about?

NaEXMc1.jpeg

This one is not very common in homes here, but I did have a small colony of them living on the orange tree in my backyard and I got stung by them a couple times, very painful, kinda like a wasp, the bump is small but it gets red around the bite and sore and it itches for a few days. So one time I brought another type of big black ants that don't bite and release them on the base of my orange tree. The bullet ants disappear and this ones don't bother me and they don't eat human food, they live off the stuff that grows on the trees. I have them in the farm's orchard, I don't have problems with bugs or other types of ants. They even kill the wasps that like to nest on the fruit trees, which are the real concern, you can get blind if one of them stings you in the eye.

i heard somewhere that bullet ants had the most painful sting of any insect and some SA tribes would have a ritual where boys werent considered men until they endured a glove full of bullet ants for a certain amount of time - not sure how long tho

u live in a zoologoists paradise lol

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm not sure about the "any insect" part, we have some wasps here that are pretty fucked up, but they do inject a lot of venom and they're much bigger than those ants, so I could say that that ant's venom in the same amount could be worse

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
We have these fuckers too, they live mostly in small streams and wet areas

3aTzFpy.jpeg

They're called "water cockroaches" here

My cousin got bitten a couple times, he likes to fish for traíras

Which also bite LOL

qIN3E2K.jpeg