It's with a heavy heart that I share this sad announcement

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The individual that was knowns to many as Peaches/Spoon/Levon has passed away after a protracted illness. He joined his maker on August 4th.

I had a chance to say my goodbye to him on CBT when he shared his last update with us. I will share my sentiments that I shared with him.

"This is very sobering; I am quite sad.

I greatly admire how you are handling all of this with dignity and grace. It’s what I expected of you, but it’s still amazing to see in action. You have always brought so much to the people around you. You have been one of the very few actual intellects on all these forums we all have passed through, grown out of and kept returning to.

I am glad to know you. It’s been a pleasure overall. I have learned a lot from you and your diverse life experiences. I will send positive thoughts and energy your way. I hope you consider that a prayer from this agnostic. I still just don’t know. But you do, and I hope your deep faith and your loving family bring you comfort.

Please do let Gypsy know we are thinking of her well-being too. I hope your journey through this transition is as beautiful and pure as your love for one another has always been.

Okay, waterworks have started…so I should stop for now. But, you will remain in my thoughts.

Hasta Siempre,"

Blandscape

Factory Bastard
I once wondered after being slapped about by you Peaches me ol'mucker, "why are Peaches not the only fruit allowed here?"

Wouldn't diss life be more entertaining if they were?

I don't know whit tae say, except thank you fur yer advice when I needed it, and thank's for making me laugh, chortle and spit venom at my keyboard when I didn't, in our stinking sepulchre of strife.

I am going to give you one last lame, you talented and witty twat, I hope you rest in the pieces you left many an opponent in. And ask St Peter when ye see him why blind faith is only ever rewarded and awarded to those who wield it?

Stay infernally eternal Peaches.

I will miss you.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah. Peaches was among the very first crop of people I met on these ridiculous boards, and he was at every single one I ever frequented. About 13 years of his posts, arguments, agreements, the uniqueness of an online "friendship." I feel bereft in an unusual way, because these virtual friendships are unique. I am grateful for the years I "knew" him.

I miss him already, along with Clue, Dingleberry Mint, and Lemon. All online "friends." I hope/know he is giving them shit in his own, Peachesesque, style, on whatever plane he inhabits now.

Last edited:

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't what to say :'( I am extremely sad to hear this news. I only knew "Peaches" as Levon while he posted on this board and I always commented on how he was my favorite "leftie" :) Rest in peace, sweet man and my sincere condolences to his family and friends. I had the privilege to talk with him here privately a few times and he was such a gem.. so down-to-earth, funny and kind. You will be missed.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I am very sad for the people who e-loved and e-liked him.

I really hate losing anyone. I am overemotional about death and dying these days. I really hate change for the worst.

RIP peaches.
We had a guy "Masterblaster" you might remember him? Had a tree-cutting forum, he told us about his cancer but he was one moody stubborn swine n I immediately felt sad that I wasn't nicer to him, 6 young men I knew, good men they were have taken their own lives in about 6 months, men and mental health is a huge problem, think there's a pressure to have certain things by a certain age? I believe alcohol was to blame in all 6 as well, causes deep depression, you've all had the fear after a night of heavy boozing???

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Levon will be missed. Even though he could sling it with the best of them, he always had a kind word to say to everyone. He even spoke kindly to Biggie who always made fun of his nose. I shall miss Levon, he had a warmth and a down to earth way about him.

Rest in peace you true gentleman.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I didn't know him well but it is always sad to hear of people dying. Hopefully his family is handling as well as can be expected.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I remember Peaches getting tardpiled at CO, came across as quite robust type which is more than can be said for many.

Agreed. Although I disagreed with most of Peaches politics, dude was a good person, no question about that.

I remember a few years ago, we were discussing about TWAP and other elderly members of these boards and he sounded a bit ignored and mentioned that TWAP wasn't that much older than him and that we should send him some of our good thoughts and prayers too.

Peaches never really came across as someone who was old or sick, he always sounded feisty and healthy.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
As I said, I didn't know him well, but many people who are ill do not want sympathy or pity so they do not mention their illness. Basically, it allows them to go out on their own terms with dignity.

I can understand that as if you can't control anything else then this is at least one thing they can control.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I saw that with my mother. She never smoked a day yet got lung cancer. There was a tremendous sense of unfairness (and who wouldn't feel that?) along with a feeling of powerlessness. You have a disease working on you which you cannot control after all. So people do want to control the few things they still can control.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
As I said, I didn't know him well, buy many people who are ill do not want sympathy or pity so they do not mention their illness. Basically, it allows them to go out on their own terms with dignity.

I can understand that as if you can't control anything else then this is at least one thing they can control.

Yeah, i was a bit shocked when Lily gave the news.

I knew he had heart surgery and I was glad to see him back.

When he posted that thread saying bye for the summer, I didn't think much of it, they always come back.

But now I think he probably knew he had a good chance of that being his last summer.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I saw that with my mother. She never smoked a day yet got lung cancer. There was a tremendous sense of unfairness (and who wouldn't feel that?) along with a feeling of powerlessness. You have a disease working on you which you cannot control after all. So people do want to control the few things they still can control.
Sorry to hear that, man.

X

xXx
Site Supporter

sorry you and your mom and fam went through that shit ...

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
As I said, I didn't know him well, buy many people who are ill do not want sympathy or pity so they do not mention their illness. Basically, it allows them to go out on their own terms with dignity.

Yeah, i was a bit shocked when Lily gave the news.

I knew he had heart surgery and I was glad to see him back.

When he posted that thread saying bye for the summer, I didn't think much of it, they always come back.

But now I think he probably knew he had a good chance of that being his last summer.

He was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in 2017. He made a turn for the worse this summer when he posted his last thread.

He did know what was coming. He handled it with dignity and grace as I posted in the OP.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
He was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in 2017. He made a turn for the worse this summer when he posted his last thread.

He did know what was coming. He handled it with dignity and grace as I posted in the OP.

Ah ok, I had thought it'd been something more like DM's or Lemon's

I remember him saying how he had been exposed to several chemicals in the war...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Agent orange as I recall. My mother in law's third husband died from that. She met my wife's father when she was 17 but he died at 19 (crashed a Ford Mustang while drinking and driving in 1979), in her 20's she met her second husband (two children) but he died of cancer, before meeting her third husband (an America Vietnam vet) in her late 30's. She is now in her 70's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Ah ok, I had thought it'd been something more like DM's or Lemon's

I remember him saying how he had been exposed to several chemicals in the war...

It seems that chemical exposure to Agent Orange is certainly a risk factor according to the American Cancer Society.
He defended this country and it cost him his good health and eventually his life. :(

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am pretty sure he got part of the Agenta Orange settlement fund. If you know what Agenta Orange was it was a defoliante which means it killed pla to even in tropical jungles. One of the big problems in the 1960's to early 1970's in Vietnam was the communists would use jungle for cover to ambush convoys. The loses were extremely high so the generals had a choice.

Use defoliants to kill the jungle and thus deny the communists cover to ambush from or risk long term damage and cancer 40 years later. They chose long term damage decades later instead of people dying then and there.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I am pretty sure he got part of the Agenta Orange settlement fund. If you know what Agenta Orange was it was a defoliante which means it killed pla to even in tropical jungles. One of the big problems in the 1960's to early 1970's in Vietnam was the communists would use jungle for cover to ambush convoys. The loses were extremely high so the generals had a choice.

Use defoliants to kill the jungle and thus deny the communists cover to ambush from or risk long term damage and cancer 40 years later. They chose long term damage decades later instead of people dying then and there.

My concern is that people disrespected him for his disfigurement when it was caused by his involvement in serving his country.
No one that puts their life on the line should be disrespected for anything that is a by product of serving our nation.