I've been volunteering to walk dogs in the animal shelter

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
“Sorry dude, I thought I had already acquired the acid humor of the Portuguese.”

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
near my new home. They have 200 dogs. I've done it twice now. Plan to go twice a week. They have some really wonderful dogs. It's a no-kill shelter, thank the lord.

I have been a volunteer dog walker at my local shelter for about 20 years.

It is probably the best thing to keep their spirits up to help get them adopted.

200 dogs sounds crazy. That is a real problem. The spay and neuter message needs to spread to a lot of countries that have too many unwanted dogs and cats.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
near my new home. They have 200 dogs. I've done it twice now. Plan to go twice a week. They have some really wonderful dogs. It's a no-kill shelter, thank the lord.

It is probably the best thing to keep their spirits up to help get them adopted.

200 dogs sounds crazy. That is a real problem. The spay and neuter message needs to spread to a lot of countries that have too many unwanted dogs and cats.

No shit. All the work I have done in just my area....and I'm seeing cats around that i havent seen before. I've seen about 5 new cats. All skiddish but they dont seem all out feral so....people are still cat dumping here :/

I'm actually gonna set the trap cage out today. I'm not gonna chase them. There is a cat who just started coming around a few months ago we all call Skittles and he got inside my house. I went into the back bedroom to go through my mothers stuff and there he was. He got in through the wall where I fixed water pipes lol. He is already neutered, so someone dumped the poor guy.

I have my hands so full with the cats I cant even think about the dogs. We have a few people here who have bully breeds they dont take proper care of and the city wont do anything. They get loose and run the neighborhood and are absolutely a threat to the cats and other people. It's such a shame.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
RKQrYxc.jpg

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@LotusBud This is such a wonderful thing you are doing and so important. I too, volunteered at my local Human Society (working in the kennels) and had enormous gratitude for the many volunteers who walked dogs. Most often it was the only time they got to interact with people, get exercise and see daylight :'( The happiest I've ever seen these poor babies is when they got to go for their walk. So, thank you :)

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
@LotusBud This is such a wonderful thing you are doing and so important. I too, volunteered at my local Human Society (working in the kennels) and had enormous gratitude for the many volunteers who walked dogs. Most often it was the only time they got to interact with people, get exercise and see daylight :'( The happiest I've ever seen these poor babies is when they got to go for their walk. So, thank you :)
You're not fooling anyone

dog-jumps.gif

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
We all might be Bastards, but we love animals. lol

I got it from my aunt, who use to work at an animal hospital. At 4 years old, I was helping clean kennels, and helping give animals oxygen that were having surgery.

These days, I help with a local humane society. They didnt have a proper building before. The building they were in was rented, and the landlord would make them turn the lights off at night and stuff. Was kinda in a warehouse. I help promote a fundraiser for them, by doing a website and designing printed pieces. We have raised over 100,000 so far, and we were able to get them into a new building. This year the focus is to get them new kennels.

Y'all donating time to the humane society warms my heart.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes, they are so thrilled. And so sad when they have to go back into the kennel. Heart breaking. I am trying to get more people to come out so these babies can all get out. :Confused4:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You talking to me? If so, I'm not virtue signaling, pal. Sorry to disappoint. I'm just talking about something that has meaning to me. Sorry if that's rough for you to handle.

By the way, lots of Brits, Americans, Portuguese, and Dutch volunteer. It's nice when we all pitch in together.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes, it's crazy how many dogs there are. When you go down to the kennels, the sound of them all barking at once is ear splitting, there are so many.

There is much greater awareness of the need to spay and neuter than there was ten years ago, so they are getting the message out, but still, this area is pretty rural, so it's not as far along.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yes, it's crazy how many dogs there are. When you go down to the kennels, the sound of them all barking at once is ear splitting, there are so many.

You must really like dogs to put up with them like that.

I figger 1 really nice dog is enough to have around like a Golden retriever.

Not too many at once tho. I'm not really a dog person.