Let's Talk About Dogs

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
On average, how long does average dog live as a pet?

I know many cats can live at least 20 years

My first cat that I was given as a birthday gift when I turned 8.....I had until I was 26. He was a siamese snow shoe named Buttons. He was the best.

He was healthy mostly his whole life up until the end when his kidneys started failing him. He was suffering so i held him as he was euthanized. It was so hard. I would have given that cat my own organs if I could have.

I remember once our family had a cat which died. It was difficult to see it go. We all cried.

And yet I think it would be even harder to lose an adorable dog because they have more human characteristics than a cat. Therefore I'll never consider getting a dog.

Heck sometimes I even miss the neighborhood dog which passed away that was someone else's. It feels like someone died. Somehow I think the loss of a cat is easier to get over.

Yes, that is by far the hardest thing about having a dog. They are much more communicative than cats

These look like fightin words, Lotus. :Beatdown2:
my cats get super communicative when their food bowl gets half empty, then they start freaking out like theres gonna be a famine lol
hey. you're okay... good
im not feeling 100% yet but i think it was just the flu, no respiratory problems - just high fever, chills and aches all over
maybe Omicron 808 .. no headache ?
nah no headaches, i just slept 18 hrs a day and climbing a dozen steps was like fighting my way up a mayan pyramid lol

for kicks i was gonna have someone bring me an at-home covid test but they were sold out

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There is actually less of.a.chance for.headache with omicron. It is part of.omicron being "extremely mild". For less chance for lung damage and blood clots too.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Firefighters rescue doggie from frozen lake.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

c72b7b4a6229b4029ae2f7c1d8cf17b6

e276a56e76dc7117fe4dd438f7c541aa

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
“I can't take it to the beach for a walk because it bothers you on your vacation, you don't allow me to rent a house if I have a dog, nor can I put it on urban public transport.

However, I can take him to the rubble to look for you after an earthquake, in the forest after you got lost in the mountain and you had no map or GPS; under the snow, because you did a forbidden off-piste; in the water, because despite the red flag, you have bathed and wherever you need to, because finally, it is just a dog ... but he will find you.

Dedicated to all those who do not love”

Credit: Sara Wiley

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We have beaches where dogs are allowed, most landlords will accept a pet but want am additional deposit though they mostly won't accept multiple pets due to damage, I myself have a no pets policy due to past damages exceeding the deposits amount. Oh, and lastly, no, your pet doesn't belong on public transport. Buy a car, you bum.

Last edited: