Let's talk ADHD...

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
Good topic, is this hereditary?

Does parental discipline come in to play anywhere along here?

Is Ritalin a gateway drug/mindset?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Made up by companies who make the medicine!

We live in an ADHD ridden world @Weeg!

I don't see how anyone can focus on one task these days without getting distracted.

There is no practically no such thing as 'one on one' personalized instruction anymore.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The best I can describe this affliction, is imagine smoking the biggest bowl of Meth, and finding that it actually calms you down and allows you to focus...

And yet....our fast paced North American Society no longer allows us to focus on any one task or thought anymore. 'Multitasking' has become 'The 'New Normal'. There's always some distraction whether it comes from TV, radio, the Internet etc. A person has to remain 21 forever. Keep up with the latest trends. Gotta stay current! To have every skill in the book & be all things to all people. 40 is the New 20.

So I understand why a Lotta people burn out or cant keep up now. Especially during this pandemic which has been a highly abnormal time which many have had difficulty adjusting to.

So...its almost as if the entire society has ADHD now. Shudder to think what the next generation of kids will be like.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Made up by companies who make the medicine!
mostly, its WAY over diagnosed

I believe it is WAY over diagnosed too.

My son was a good example. He was in 4th grade I think? He had a teacher, and she thought he had ADHD cause he couldnt focus in class. After meeting with this teacher, I knew she was a shit teacher, and that my son was simply bored of her. Principal would not let him change class.

My wife, being super concerned and believed the teacher, listened and had him go to the Dr. They wanted to put him on medicine. I said no, but the wife begged and begged saying "if it helps him". I finally conceded, and wished I never had.

That shit made my son into a zombie. Totally spaced out looking, not smiling, just sitting there. Before, he had tons of energy, and was always smiling. I was very concerned, he looked sad to a degree, I was instantly saying to take him off it. But the Dr. and the wife were like "let it do its thing", and Dr. at least reduced the dosing to lowest dose after a week of him taking it. Still no change, so I said fuck this shit, he aint taking them! Was only 2 weeks total of him on them, but it changed him from there on out. Still to this day, I HATED that I ever conceded to that shit. He was never as happy and energetic as he was before that shit.

I feel like I have "symptoms" of it, but never figured it was an issue. Just that Im more energetic than others, and that my brain is always going fast as shit. Get scatter brained sometimes as my mind races. Even in high school, I asked my principal to change classes for me too, cause the teacher was straight up too boring lol, but they wouldnt let me either.

I use to go so fast, talk so fast like an auctioneer or dude from the old Micro Machines commercials to be exact lol. It wasnt til I started smoking pot, that it helped slow me down, to a somewhat normal level, though Im still not on a normal level lol.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have add and I have never once considered taking meds for it. My son has adhd. Also, no meds. The meds are bullshit. There are many other things that need to done, number 1 of which is diet.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Every kid I've met tells me they have adhd, like its some superpower.

I think a number of people in this forum have ADHD or something worse @Sharona.

Their posts scream this need for professional help.

Last edited: