Let's Talk About Dogs

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
On average, how long does average dog live as a pet?

I know many cats can live at least 20 years

My first cat that I was given as a birthday gift when I turned 8.....I had until I was 26. He was a siamese snow shoe named Buttons. He was the best.

He was healthy mostly his whole life up until the end when his kidneys started failing him. He was suffering so i held him as he was euthanized. It was so hard. I would have given that cat my own organs if I could have.

I remember once our family had a cat which died. It was difficult to see it go. We all cried.

And yet I think it would be even harder to lose an adorable dog because they have more human characteristics than a cat. Therefore I'll never consider getting a dog.

Heck sometimes I even miss the neighborhood dog which passed away that was someone else's. It feels like someone died. Somehow I think the loss of a cat is easier to get over.

Yes, that is by far the hardest thing about having a dog. They are much more communicative than cats and it does feel like losing a member of the family when they die. The hole they leave is large. But, there are millions upon millions of dogs facing euthanasia out there. Rescuing one is an act of kindness to them, even if it causes you pain when they go. Know what I mean?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@LotusBud there's already a thread for dogs ya lazy fuck!

She does this all the time. Doesn't bother to look and then makes duplicate threads.
Then it's "It's MY THREAD!" :ShivaWaawaaaaa: I honestly believe she thinks she deserves her own sub forum with duplicate threads full of Lotus approved gobshit...

Actually, no, Einstein. I've just spent the last 12 years on other forums where people start threads whenever. I'm not used to the idea of starting only one thread for each topic and then having 5000 posts in that thread. I find those threads boring and I never read them.

I'm just different. But if it's too distressing to everyone to have someone on the board who's different, I'll leave, gladly.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

She does this all the time. Doesn't bother to look and then makes duplicate threads.
Then it's "It's MY THREAD!" :ShivaWaawaaaaa: I honestly believe she thinks she deserves her own sub forum with duplicate threads full of Lotus approved gobshit...

Actually, no, Einstein. I've just spent the last 12 years on other forums where people start threads whenever. I'm not used to the idea of starting only one thread for each topic and then having 5000 posts in that thread. I find those threads boring and I never read them.

I'm just different. But if it's too distressing to everyone to have someone on the board who's different, I'll leave, gladly.
"Don't be critical of me or I'll leave!!" :ShivaWaawaaaaa:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh, so you don't want me to leave. I thought not.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Why would I want you to leave? I've never wanted anyone to leave, well that's not true, your pal Maxis needed to GTFO for every reason except politics...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why would I want you to leave? I've never wanted anyone to leave, well that's not true, your pal Maxis needed to GTFO for every reason except politics...

So you just enjoy whinging. Okay. I'll keep giving you plenty to whinge about. Carry on. :GiggleBitch:

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

So you just enjoy whinging. Okay. I'll keep giving you plenty to whinge about. Carry on. :GiggleBitch:
Eh??? :facepalm: lol

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Don't use "whinge"...

You do it but haven't earned the cultural linguistics to use it.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Don't use "whinge"...

You do it but haven't earned the cultural linguistics to use it.

Oh, okay, I'll stop because you said so.

Will that make you stop whinging so damn much?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
But, there are millions upon millions of dogs facing euthanasia out there. Rescuing one is an act of kindness to them, even if it causes you pain when they go. Know what I mean?

Joe is a selfish cunt.

How have you not gathered that!??

You stupid fuck.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Another dog saves another human by keeping him warm for 13 hours in freezing temps.

398ddadb9585b8e4e5d4552f0473fcc2

See, @Joe. Having a dog could save your life!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

My first cat that I was given as a birthday gift when I turned 8.....I had until I was 26. He was a siamese snow shoe named Buttons. He was the best.

He was healthy mostly his whole life up until the end when his kidneys started failing him. He was suffering so i held him as he was euthanized. It was so hard. I would have given that cat my own organs if I could have.

He would have looked silly trying to drag your boobs while hunting a mouse....

I meant my kidney.....but that wouldnt have work well for him either considering.

I fought so hard for that cat. Spent so much money on medicine. He got to the point where if I wasnt giving him water in bottles his eyes would get sunk in. He was walking half into his litter box but peeing on the floor. He would pee this really dark nasty pee and I would cry. The vet had to have a "come to Jesus" talk with me. It was awful. I was a mess.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I remember once our family had a cat which died. It was difficult to see it go. We all cried.

And yet I think it would be even harder to lose an adorable dog because they have more human characteristics than a cat. Therefore I'll never consider getting a dog.

Heck sometimes I even miss the neighborhood dog which passed away that was someone else's. It feels like someone died. Somehow I think the loss of a cat is easier to get over.

Yes, that is by far the hardest thing about having a dog. They are much more communicative than cats

These look like fightin words, Lotus. :Beatdown2:

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes, that is by far the hardest thing about having a dog. They are much more communicative than cats

my cats get super communicative when their food bowl gets half empty, then they start freaking out like theres gonna be a famine lol

X

xXx
Site Supporter

my cats get super communicative when their food bowl gets half empty, then they start freaking out like theres gonna be a famine lol
hey. you're okay... good

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

hey. you're okay... good
im not feeling 100% yet but i think it was just the flu, no respiratory problems - just high fever, chills and aches all over

X

xXx
Site Supporter

hey. you're okay... good
im not feeling 100% yet but i think it was just the flu, no respiratory problems - just high fever, chills and aches all over
maybe Omicron 808 .. no headache ?