Let's Talk About Dogs

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
corgi-puppy-lying-dragon-fruit-1-5e79bf4e7b931__700.jpg

Dog falls asleep on his back after going on a dragon fruit bender.

;

'

corgi-puppy-lying-dragon-fruit-4-5e79bf359b505__700.jpg

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Lily hates dogs

what kind of loathsome pig vomit doesn't like dogs?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why are so many little dogs so mentally ill?

The bottom line is that for nearly all of the 30 C-BARQ behaviors related to body size, small breeds were reported by their owners to have more problems than large breeds. The authors summarized their findings elegantly: “Generally, undesirable behaviors become more common or pronounced as height and weight decrease.” In sum, small dogs tend to have psychological problems.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
On average, how long does average dog live as a pet?

I know many cats can live at least 20 years

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Depends on the breed.

9 years to 15 years.

It would be so hard to lose a beautiful dog that people love like a golden retriever with such a short life.
You can look up the life expectancy of purebreds. Of course it will vary with individual dogs, but it will give owners a good estimate.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

My first cat that I was given as a birthday gift when I turned 8.....I had until I was 26. He was a siamese snow shoe named Buttons. He was the best.

He was healthy mostly his whole life up until the end when his kidneys started failing him. He was suffering so i held him as he was euthanized. It was so hard. I would have given that cat my own organs if I could have.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

My first cat that I was given as a birthday gift when I turned 8.....I had until I was 26. He was a siamese snow shoe named Buttons. He was the best.

He was healthy mostly his whole life up until the end when his kidneys started failing him. He was suffering so i held him as he was euthanized. It was so hard. I would have given that cat my own organs if I could have.

He would have looked silly trying to drag your boobs while hunting a mouse....

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Usually, only very small dogs live 20 years. Generally, the bigger the dog, the shorter the life span. My pittie made it to 14, and that was a long life. Great Danes only live about 9 years, which is tragic.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I remember once our family had a cat which died. It was difficult to see it go. We all cried.

And yet I think it would be even harder to lose an adorable dog because they have more human characteristics than a cat. Therefore I'll never consider getting a dog.

Heck sometimes I even miss the neighborhood dog which passed away that was someone else's. It feels like someone died. Somehow I think the loss of a cat is easier to get over.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
And yet I think it would be even harder to lose an adorable dog because they have more human characteristics than a cat. Therefore I'll never consider getting a dog.

Grief is a natural emotion, Joe. It is part of the human experience.

You should not sacrifice the joy experienced by growing close to a dog or other pet for fear of the grief you will eventually feel when you lose them.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Grief is a natural emotion, Joe. It is part of the human experience.

You should not sacrifice the joy experienced by growing close to a dog or other pet for fear of the grief you will eventually feel when you lose them.

Tho I'm more a cat person I actually like some dogs like golden retrievers more than cats. That's why it would be difficult to form a personal association with them knowing they might well pass away in as little as 10 years.

I think that would be more painful than losing a cat who can live 20 years or more but aren't nearly as 'human'.

That's the big reason I'd never get a dog.

Last edited: