Look what i found in the road

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
20210906-163409.jpg

Mr Fuzzy Bean this week.

He just pigged out on his bottle and got cleaned up. I just love how he will there now like he is a tiny little cat or something :D

Squish "gave" him her PJ shirt to cuddle with lol. I'm going to teach her to bottle feed him during the next feeding.
awww what a cutey monster! <3

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
20210906-163409.jpg

Mr Fuzzy Bean this week.

He just pigged out on his bottle and got cleaned up. I just love how he will there now like he is a tiny little cat or something :D

Squish "gave" him her PJ shirt to cuddle with lol. I'm going to teach her to bottle feed him during the next feeding.

I think he is interesting looking lol. Adorable of course but he has a big noggin for a kitten.

He is soft and fluffy ♡

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
20210906-163409.jpg

Mr Fuzzy Bean this week.

I think he is interesting looking lol. Adorable of course but he has a big noggin for a kitten.

He is soft and fluffy ♡

i love the kitten/puppy stage where their body parts r so out of proportion in the most adorable ways

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When we adopted our Tijuana dumpster cat (he was a kitten he and his siblings were found eating out of a dumpster down in Tijuana, normally the Mexican government would just put them down due to lack of money to care for them but the San Diego County Humane Society offered to pay them for live pets for them to adopt out)... He looked scrawny with parts of his hair falling out from malnutrition.

Because of covid we couldn't even see him or interact with him before adopting him. We had originally come for a different cat which we had seen a picture of on their website but that cat was not available as he had had difficulties being tamed. Our youngest son had insisted he wanted a black cat as his character in his favorite video game had a black cat as a pet. So we got our stinky butt and he has turned out so well. A very loving and personable pet which has fit right in and both of the boys love him to no end.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am rather angry at my cat but I am trying not to be. I am trying to understand that he just did what cats do. He climbed up a large Australian paper tree in our yard, one of two on opposite sides of are yard, and he found the nest of a pair of western morning doves, and he dragged out the baby to torture and kill him/her simply because it was in his nature to do so. I saw the baby Dove bleed and move its break back and forth as if it was gasping.

It is probably already as good as dead by then but I still felt bad. The cat showed nothing at all probably because a cat is just a cat and doesn't care at all. I am now petting my cat and he is purring. I suspect cats know nothing and just do what their nature tells them.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Kitty's idea of food, his only idea of food, is kibbles and bits with a can of Frisky's Gravy Lovers dumped on top of it. He still wants to hunt, he wants to climb trees and grab baby birds but he has no idea why. He won't eat what he kills. I can't hold him to account because he has no idea, he has no emotion for killing other beings, he has only instinct. What do I do about an animal only fulfilling his nature?

Last edited:

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I am rather angry at my cat but I am trying not to be. I am trying to understand that he just did what cats do. He climbed up a large Australian paper tree in our yard, one of two on opposite sides of are yard, and he found the next of a pair of western morning doves, and he dragged out the baby to torture and kill him/her simply because it was in his nature to do so. I saw the baby Dove bleed and move its break back and forth as if it was gasping.

It is probably already as good as dead by then but I still felt bad. The cat showed nothing at all probably because a cat is just a cat and doesn't care at all. I am now petting my cat and he is purring. I suspect cats know nothing and just do what their nature tells them.

the cat was being a cat, thats all

i have a kitten here that managed 2 climb my nightstand, get 2 the dresser and then pull down and destroy the dream catcher i got in colorado

as i picked him up in anger he started boxing my nose with his lil mittens, so i forgave him lol

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And yet he purrs so much. He wakes up to me when he wants attention, he scratches at the covers, then he goes under the covers and makes it so just his head sticks out of the covers. He is a beautiful killer. And, oh, so cool and affectionate while doing so.

Last edited:

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i like when they go into a trance and start kneading. my adult doesnt do it anymore but the new kitty follows like a leech and when i lay down he gets on my back like a purring masseuse lol

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I mean.....cats are predators. Obligate carnivores. So yeah....they are killers. Merciless killers lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I woke up this morning to something flopping around on my bed and the cat "playing" with it. It turned out to be another baby Dove which the cat had caught and brought onto my bed to "share". I didn't want to wake up my wife so I quietly pushed the cat back with one hand and grabbed the bird with another. I took the bird outside and placed him on top of the brick wall but he seems to small to fly and I don't know if his parents will help him or not.

This little guy seems a goner to me because any of the neighborhood cats can get him now.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You can just see him sitting on the top of the wall. I suspect it is from the same nest as yesterday. Kitty killed that birds sibling yesterday and this morning he came back for the other one.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well, the momma bird found the baby bird so that is good. The problem is she cannot physically move the baby so it is only a matter of time before the baby dies. There are three or more neighborhood cats which regularly walk on top of that brick wall plus I have seen raccoons, skunks, possums, and even a fox on top of it. If the baby bird stays there he is a goner.

I could try to return him to the nest but that is about 30 feet up in a tree and my ladder won't go that high. Also the cat already took him and his sibling out of that nest so the nest really isn't safe either. What should I do?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, the momma bird found the baby bird so that is good. The problem is she cannot physically move the baby so it is only a matter of time before the baby dies. There are three or more neighborhood cats which regularly walk on top of that brick wall plus I have seen raccoons, skunks, possums, and even a fox on top of it. If the baby bird stays there he is a goner.

I could try to return him to the nest but that is about 30 feet up in a tree and my ladder won't go that high. Also the cat already took him and his sibling out of that nest so the nest really isn't safe either. What should I do?

It is possible to rescue a bird like that. Do a search for bird rescues in your area.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Wildlife sanctuaries.

Call your local Humane Society, if they dont run one, they have resources.

Maybe put the baby in a shoe box....keep it covered. Those little birds can have heart attacks if they get too frightened.

Poor little thing :/

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Problem solved for now. He was sitting on the wall with both of the parent birds when the gardener came and the sound of the lawn mower scared the parents off. They didn't go far, just back to the tree with the nest in it where both of the parents kept calling to the bird. To may amazement the bird managed a short flight, only about 20 feet, but he is now back in the tree and will eventually make it to its nest, I hope. We will see if he manages to keep away from the kitty though.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Mr Fuzzy Bean.....he is walking around like a tiny cat :D

This morning I caught him sucking hard food pellets

20210919-115727.jpg

He is still on a bottle but I started him on slurries(kitten formula mixed into wet cat food) a few days ago....he gets so messy. But now he is very interested in the dry cat food.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Welp, someone in my community FB group messaged me and asked if I could take this kitten....and I did :Happy5:

20210919-152644.jpg

20210919-152658.jpg

So this is actually a rarity.....an orange female(orange kitties are almost always males) A single dad who lives here wrote to me and said his 8 year old daughter found her. Shes not weaned. She was scruffy and looking rough. My 16 year old is out looking for a mom and littermates.

We have a booming feral colony and sometimes people do disgusting and horrible things to these cats. So if my daughter finds the mom and litter, we are trapping them. We have a cage for a large dog she can live in until the kittens wean, and we will spay her and then let her go, and find homes for the kittens. Shes been looking for an hour, so I hope we find the mom.

Meanwhile I cleaned up this baby, who looks to be the same age as the black kitten we found in the road(could be the same litter). I fed her bottle and shes cuddling with the other kitten napping. I also combed her for fleas.

The man invited me for coffee, and I politely declined. So then he flat out said "I'll be looking for more kittens than if that's how I can talk to you" :O

Let's hope not lol.

Why am I such a sucker? I swear, Prudey rolled her eyes at me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Update on Mr Fuzzy Bean

20210926-090120.jpg

Him and the orange kitty are still taking bottles but they are eating slurries(wet kitten food....they like Fancy Feast... mixed with kitten formula). Omg they are so cute. I love this stage of kitten hood. They are running around loose in the house now and playing with my cats ♡ I put them back in the pet tent at night but I let them loose all day. I've been working on the house....so they get into shit a lot.

They are using a litter pan now as well.

Oh we never found the mom. We still keep our eye out though.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I read somewhere that wild cats don't make good pets ?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
True wild cats do not. She is talking about feral domesticated cats. The feral ones can take time to socialize but it can usually be done though not always. The younger the better. Our pet cat was born feral but solicited before we adopted him and he is an excellent loving pet though he was caught as a kitten.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Well.....ferals are wild cats.

Feral and domesticated are just terms for how socialized a cat is. The difference is house cars are domestic and used to people. And feral cats are not used to people and thusly wild. They look like regular house cats....but they were never socialized, so they are feral.

Sometimes you see friendly strays, these are not ferals. Ferals are terrified of humans and you cannot handle them.

The kittens I have here right now were probably a feral litter.....but because I got them within a good time frame(within 12 weeks from the time of birth) I was able to socialize them.

Another way feral kittens are described by rescuers is "spicey" lol. You can socialize feral kittens....but they are gonna be spicey until you get them associating you with food.

So what we all see as domestic house cats? They can also be very much wild animals....that's is what is meant by "feral". If you can touch and pet them? They are not feral. Ferals will stay away from humans. And you never want to persue a feral, they are pretty dangerous. There is a certain to trap them for TNR(trap/neuter or spay/release).

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My little piggy can be such a little shit. He woke up at 5:30am and started scratching the bed for attention. When that woke me up he started meowing though it sounded more like a little pig, he went "mee, mee, meee" and demanding food. I gave him both dry food and canned food mixed together then he came back crying and meowing still more because it was not to his liking and he wanted additional attention. This cat is going to die no matter how cute he is.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My little piggy can be such a little shit. He woke up at 5:30am and started scratching the bed for attention. When that woke me up he started meowing though it sounded more like a little pig, he went "mee, mee, meee" and demanding food. I gave him both dry food and canned food mixed together then he came back crying and meowing still more because it was not to his liking and he wanted additional attention. This cat is going to die no matter how cute he is.

Kitties are sweet.

When the civil war goes hot, my fuzzy army here will be feasting on the corpses of my enemies.

But until then, they get a bowl of hard in the morning and a half can of wet at 8pm. That's it....no matter how much they protest.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

20210919-115727.jpg

He is still on a bottle but I started him on slurries(kitten formula mixed into wet cat food) a few days ago....he gets so messy. But now he is very interested in the dry cat food.

Dry cat food is definitely the best option for a housecat, otherwise the litter tray is a lot more unpleasant to empty Lol.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Welp, someone in my community FB group messaged me and asked if I could take this kitten....and I did :Happy5:

20210919-152644.jpg

20210919-152658.jpg

So this is actually a rarity.....an orange female(orange kitties are almost always males) A single dad who lives here wrote to me and said his 8 year old daughter found her. Shes not weaned. She was scruffy and looking rough. My 16 year old is out looking for a mom and littermates.

We have a booming feral colony and sometimes people do disgusting and horrible things to these cats. So if my daughter finds the mom and litter, we are trapping them. We have a cage for a large dog she can live in until the kittens wean, and we will spay her and then let her go, and find homes for the kittens. Shes been looking for an hour, so I hope we find the mom.

Meanwhile I cleaned up this baby, who looks to be the same age as the black kitten we found in the road(could be the same litter). I fed her bottle and shes cuddling with the other kitten napping. I also combed her for fleas.

The man invited me for coffee, and I politely declined. So then he flat out said "I'll be looking for more kittens than if that's how I can talk to you" :O

Let's hope not lol.

Ok, you're definitely the forum expert on kittehs LOL.

I have a question, why are black and white cats so common? And why are the pure white ones and to a lesser extent gingers a lot rarer? The tabby tortoise shells are probably the second most common but there seems to be a lot less of them around than the pure black or black and white ones.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

20210919-115727.jpg

Dry cat food is definitely the best option for a housecat, otherwise the litter tray is a lot more unpleasant to empty Lol.

They get Nutro and its pricey. I dont want to feed them garbage.

We do raw as well.....but I cant seem to get the older cats to transition all the way. Raw is where you make them food from just meat and organs.

They love chicken and deer. I wish I could get them just on that because that's really the BEST diet for them. It's time consuming though and you cannot leave it sitting out....obviously its raw meat lol

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

20210919-152644.jpg

20210919-152658.jpg

Let's hope not lol.

Ok, you're definitely the forum expert on kittehs LOL.

I have a question, why are black and white cats so common? And why are the pure white ones and to a lesser extent gingers a lot rarer? The tabby tortoise shells are probably the second most common but there seems to be a lot less of them around than the pure black or black and white ones.

Just genetics.

Did you know the Vikings adored orange cats, so whenever you see an area that has a lot of orange cats it's probably because of the Vikings?

It's really just about the genetics of that cat population. Of all the cats I see out here, I see many gingers and calicos. There is one huge feral tuxedo out there.... I'm sure that's Prudey and Mabels dad.

I haven't seen a single tabby out here, and they are very common usually.