MEAT - What kind of flesh do people?

Favorite Meat

• Total voters

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I signed up today to lobby against the Cat and Dog meat trade in SE Asia. It’s mind-boggling that anyone would consider these animals as an actual food source.

images

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
And in India they're horrified we eat Cattle. Strange how perspective influences thinking.

I'm horrified by the consumption of dogs, cats, AND cattle.
If you starving. Literally starving. You will eat anything to survive.

I'd probably, very reluctantly, eat a dog if I were literally starving and had no other source of food. But a human? I don't think so. Mad Cow came from cows eating their own species. It's never a good idea to consume one's own.

I hear we taste like pork, and thats why some religions dont eat pork.
We do taste just like pork. :Grin3:

Oh, so that's why your brain fails you. You've altered your brain structure by consuming fellow humans. Idjit.
Pork you!!!!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Well no mammalian meat for two weeks, apart from a bit of bacon, and feeling really good. My meat allergy isn’t giving me grief and my energy is coming back. I’ve been going big on the fish. I need to undercook the fish to my taste, so ordering from the restaurants is a challenge. They don’t register the concept of undercooked fish flesh. But that goes for all meats with me. Beef, pork, lamb, chicken must be undercooked and bloody. Hot heat to quickly braise each side of the cut and that’s it. Chuck on some soy and chili and down the hatch. Worm tablets every 6 months or so just in case.

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
Well no mammalian meat for two weeks, apart from a bit of bacon, and feeling really good. My meat allergy isn’t giving me grief and my energy is coming back. I’ve been going big on the fish. I need to undercook the fish to my taste, so ordering from the restaurants is a challenge. They don’t register the concept of undercooked fish flesh. But that goes for all meats with me. Beef, pork, lamb, chicken must be undercooked and bloody. Hot heat to quickly braise each side of the cut and that’s it. Chuck on some soy and chili and down the hatch. Worm tablets every 6 months or so just in case.

Pork and chicken undercooked is bad for you. Not sure about lamb. Beef is probably the safest to eat. ......even raw.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Pork and chicken undercooked is bad for you. Not sure about lamb. Beef is probably the safest to eat. ......even raw.
Pork and Chicken in developing countries or countries that don’t have strict food and safety standards. Worms with Pork and salmonella with chicken. Here in Australia I’m not too concerned, because of the high food handling protocols and laws. I always wash the meat thoroughly, use very clean cutting boards and utensils, and don’t leave the meat openly exposed are very long. Then very high heat to seal and “cauterise”...no flies on me mate!
:ThumbsUp3:

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
A Taste for Cannibalism?

They say human taste like pork.
I wonder if its sweet like the venison bologna I just tried. Low in fat?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I've always preferred beef which kind of sucks because of the exorbitant amount of money they are charging for it these days.

BadBrad

Ignore features are for bitches.
☠️
I never eat pork because I have seen pigs and have very low opinions on their cleanliness and the bacteria present in them. That and it's horrible for you.

I don't eat meat much when I do it's generally beef and in a sauce of some kind, HOWEVER I do eat a lot of seafood.

I eat sardines, clams, crabs, fish (all forms), tuna, squid, and shrimp. Most of my protein comes from seafood. I think it's a lot healthier although I do realize the risk of mercury toxicity is possible.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
When I was like 12 years old. I can’t believe you never heard that story?! Okay, in a nutshell. After school, I would skateboard all the way to my mother’s surf shop. The first thing I would do all tired and sweaty was to drink water from the tap. The shop shared the rainwater tank of an adjacent hotel. A female prostitute was murdered and hidden in the rain tank. After a week or so, when the water started to smell and discolour, the local plumber discovered the rotting and bloated corpse. It was a horrible experience...I can still smell and taste that water to this day.
That's horrible. Did they catch her murderer?

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
In the city..

1. Chicken(Mainly breasts and wings) at least 10 days out of the month. BBQ'd, soups, stews, tacos..
2. Bacon. Reckon 7 days out of the month
3. Beef. Same as bacon. Mainly for spaghetti.. tacos.. homemade burgers.
4. All the other meats don't eat much of.. no hate on em but don't crave em enough to give a fuck.

Cabin living and camping..
Like 50-75% of the time fish. bass, pike, pickerel, and the odd time muskie
Bacon - often
Soups stews - mainly chicken. i am usually given beef stew leftovers from a friend i've known a long time.
Beef burgers - once a week or every two. Odd time my friend will give me some lasagna
Occasional steak with the standard potato and fried onions

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m surrounded by lots of tropical type fish.
Wahoo
Dorado
Tuna

Now and then a Conch
I love it all. So many ways to prepare it.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
In the city..

1. Chicken(Mainly breasts and wings) at least 10 days out of the month. BBQ'd, soups, stews, tacos..
2. Bacon. Reckon 7 days out of the month
3. Beef. Same as bacon. Mainly for spaghetti.. tacos.. homemade burgers.
4. All the other meats don't eat much of.. no hate on em but don't crave em enough to give a fuck.

Cabin living and camping..
Like 50-75% of the time fish. bass, pike, pickerel, and the odd time muskie
Bacon - often
Soups stews - mainly chicken. i am usually given beef stew leftovers from a friend i've known a long time.
Beef burgers - once a week or every two. Odd time my friend will give me some lasagna
Occasional steak with the standard potato and fried onions
I remember fishing for muskies as a teen. Hard striking beasts....

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I eat a lot of lamb, beef, ham, bacon, and occasionally pork though I have a love hate thing going on pork.

Chicken very rarely. Maybe once or twice a month.

I eat a lot of seafood, especially shellfish like mussels, scallops, and oysters. Bit of fish here or there, but usually gummy shark.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Pork tenderloin
Ground beef
Chicken breasts
Shellfish
Sole
Calamari
Anchovies
Veal
Lamb
Chocolate-covered bees
Fried crickets
Scorpion suckers

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I was like 12 years old. I can’t believe you never heard that story?! Okay, in a nutshell. After school, I would skateboard all the way to my mother’s surf shop. The first thing I would do all tired and sweaty was to drink water from the tap. The shop shared the rainwater tank of an adjacent hotel. A female prostitute was murdered and hidden in the rain tank. After a week or so, when the water started to smell and discolour, the local plumber discovered the rotting and bloated corpse. It was a horrible experience...I can still smell and taste that water to this day.

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
I remember fishing for muskies as a teen. Hard striking beasts....
yup.

lost two solid rods in the past from fierce battles with them.. but if you do get em home its so fucking worth in it.. helluva a delicious meal. pairs up beautifully with just about anything ones mind conjures up.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
yup.

lost two solid rods in the past from fierce battles with them.. but if you do get em home its so fucking worth in it.. helluva a delicious meal. pairs up beautifully with just about anything ones mind conjures up.
Neighbours across the road used to chuck the juvenile ones in their spring fed pond, until only two large ones remained. Then we'd get our arms torn off in the strikes. Guaranteed hit in under 10 seconds.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I thought you French lot dug snails and frog’s legs!? I assume scorpions taste like shellfish?
I'm not French.

I thought you squareheads from Texas were smarter than that.

If it comes on a sucker, scorpion tastes like watermelon. Duh.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I'm not French.

I thought you squareheads from Texas were smarter than that.

If it comes on a sucker, scorpion tastes like watermelon. Duh.
You’re French Canadian…that’s French enough.

Scorpion on a sucker? Sorry I have no idea what you’re on about Blurty poo. I just assumed that since scorpion was a predatory arachnid that it would be similar to shellfish?

Trivia: “Scorpion” originated from Old French.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Wild Boar is on my "to do list".. I have heard many good things.
Wild boar is everywhere in Portugal. Nothing to write home about, imo. But I generally only eat poultry and fish, so what do I know?