Portuguese story

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Some asshole here will decide this makes me a homewrecker somehow, but anyway, here's the story.

My next door neighbor (age 88) got very sick sometime last year with rheumatoid arthritis. After she spent about 6 months in bed, her son put her in an old folks home because he and his wife both work and he was checking on her like ten times a day. She was really depressed in the home and blamed her son for putting her there.

While I was in Paris, she got sprung. He took her out and brought her back home. I was so happy to find her at home when I returned. I kept telling her if there was anything I could do for her, please let me know -- hoping that she would ask me more often and not exhaust her son to the point of him putting her back in the lar (rest home). So she told me, yes, there was something I could do for her. I could take her to the Friday mercado (today) so she could get chickens. She's always had chickens, out in a coop behind my little barn. She frequently gave me eggs. I said of course, and we arranged to go this morning.

But the other night, I saw her son, and I decided I should tell him about our plan. He said, "Please don't take her to the mercado. I don't want her to be out in the chicken coop. I'm worried something will happen to her out there." So I said, "Okay, I won't take her." He said, "Just tell her you're busy on Friday." In other words, he didn't want me to tell her that he doesn't want her to have chickens. Because she is mad at him for putting her in the lar in the first place, and she would just get madder at him for not letting her have chickens. So I had to go over there yesterday and lie and say I couldn't go to the mercado. I could tell when I told her that she was a little suspicious. Before I left, she said, "So, you can't go to the mercado?" Seeing if she could catch me up. God. I felt terrible. But I knew I shouldn't have put my foot in my mouth by offering to take her to the mercado in the first place, and that was my mistake, not her son's, so yeah. I did that.

I'm hoping one of these days I can take her to the mercado with her son's blessing and get her some chickens. They make her happy.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
My ex-wife's grandma was 90 and she insisted in living by herself

They never considered sending her to a home, they wanted to take care of her themselves

She was constantly falling and getting hurt and her legs were especially problematic because she wouldn't feel pain on them and they'd have some really bad sores because she would walk around constantly and the veins would pop

One day she fell and hit her head and spent a few days in the hospital and the nurse told them they were risking jail because she needed special care and if they didn't provide it, it would be considered negligence and abandonment.

So my ex-bil took her to their aunt in Tocantins.

Within 4 months the old lady got sick and died.

Caring for the elderly is a huge problem.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Some asshole here will decide this makes me a homewrecker somehow, but anyway, here's the story.

My next door neighbor (age 88) got very sick sometime last year with rheumatoid arthritis. After she spent about 6 months in bed, her son put her in an old folks home because he and his wife both work and he was checking on her like ten times a day. She was really depressed in the home and blamed her son for putting her there.

While I was in Paris, she got sprung. He took her out and brought her back home. I was so happy to find her at home when I returned. I kept telling her if there was anything I could do for her, please let me know -- hoping that she would ask me more often and not exhaust her son to the point of him putting her back in the lar (rest home). So she told me, yes, there was something I could do for her. I could take her to the Friday mercado (today) so she could get chickens. She's always had chickens, out in a coop behind my little barn. She frequently gave me eggs. I said of course, and we arranged to go this morning.

But the other night, I saw her son, and I decided I should tell him about our plan. He said, "Please don't take her to the mercado. I don't want her to be out in the chicken coop. I'm worried something will happen to her out there." So I said, "Okay, I won't take her." He said, "Just tell her you're busy on Friday." In other words, he didn't want me to tell her that he doesn't want her to have chickens. Because she is mad at him for putting her in the lar in the first place, and she would just get madder at him for not letting her have chickens. So I had to go over there yesterday and lie and say I couldn't go to the mercado. I could tell when I told her that she was a little suspicious. Before I left, she said, "So, you can't go to the mercado?" Seeing if she could catch me up. God. I felt terrible. But I knew I shouldn't have put my foot in my mouth by offering to take her to the mercado in the first place, and that was my mistake, not her son's, so yeah. I did that.

I'm hoping one of these days I can take her to the mercado with her son's blessing and get her some chickens. They make her happy.

Why don't you get chickens and then get her out there to "help" you tend to them?

Is that a doable loophole? Have them on your property and tell her that the concern is her safety.

Seems shitty her son won't let her have them. She's 88 ffs.....let her have the chickens. Jmo.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My ex-wife's grandma was 90 and she insisted in living by herself

They never considered sending her to a home, they wanted to take care of her themselves

She was constantly falling and getting hurt and her legs were especially problematic because she wouldn't feel pain on them and they'd have some really bad sores because she would walk around constantly and the veins would pop

One day she fell and hit her head and spent a few days in the hospital and the nurse told them they were risking jail because she needed special care and if they didn't provide it, it would be considered negligence and abandonment.

So my ex-bil took her to their aunt in Tocantins.

Within 4 months the old lady got sick and died.

Caring for the elderly is a huge problem.

That's tough. I'm sure the chickens would make her happy. I also see the son's point of view. If she were to fall, she risks a major injury like a broken hip.

Seems like being home again is a major victory. Does she like cats or dogs? Maybe a little lap dog would be good. Someone to provide her company.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Yeah, buy some chickens for an old disabled lady who cannot even care for herself.

Sounds like a real idiotic move.

i.e. Something The Homewrecker would do.

Admin.

Who am I? I am over Two Billion in Saudi Cash!
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, buy some chickens for an old disabled lady who cannot even care for herself.

Sounds like a real idiotic move.

i.e. Something The Homewrecker would do.
Shouldn't you be out under an overpass somewhere selling coffee pots to the homeless?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That's tough. I'm sure the chickens would make her happy. I also see the son's point of view. If she were to fall, she risks a major injury like a broken hip.

Seems like being home again is a major victory. Does she like cats or dogs? Maybe a little lap dog would be good. Someone to provide her company.
Her return is indeed a major victory. And I completely understand the son.

I don't believe she wants, nor could really care for, a dog or cat. I was dog sitting for a sick friend for months, and she had no interest in that dog, who is one of the sweetest you have ever met.