Religion, spirituality, consciouness

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
LoLz, Raggs - The Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters

I should really leave you to ponder that, but here...
.There are 3 aspects of God aka the Trinity (far older than the Bible),
one is known as the Spirit, and it moved on the face of the waters (the Sea/Mar/Mari, or Mary)
aka the Virgin. You know the rest of the story. This is basic stuff to anyone who actually has, rather than like you simply claims to have studied the subject. No wonder you think it's fairy tales, which btw are also loaded with greater meaning, since all you know is the outer layer which was intended to entertain the common folk while concealing the inner meaning. I though perhaps you were a step beyond the board's bible beaters, but alas.......

...and that's the little you get, go make a study of the rest if you aren't too lazy.
What is the Virgin and what the Spirit?

Once again Holliday displays his stupid.

This is theology, Holliday (Reggie explains as if to a slightly retarded children), and as you say, basic stuff for a weekend catechism class for young children at your local church. Earlier in this thread, I was explaining the history of how the doctrine of the Trinity was incorporated into the early Christian Church, and how the early Christian Emperors of Byzantium molded christian doctrine to fit the demographic realties of the population they were in control of, namely the soldiers of their legions, who believed that Mithras was born in a stable to a virgin mother and he was lain in a manger and three wise men came from the east to adore him.

... and I never paid much attention during catechism because I had raging hormones and the girls were all sprouting tits.
I read what you wrote, Raggz, and you said that the question I asked was somehow incomprehensible, but as you see...It was quite nicely formulated.
...and, yes I know your interest lay in the most pedestrian realm and not more inspired pursuits.

PS: I'd previously informed the class of the rest you mention, but thanks anyway.

Nicely formulated if you're on mescaline, I suppose, but then you are one who's inspired pursuit is outsmarting a fish with overly expensive antique equipment, so forgive me for not seeing much of merit in your drug-induced postulations.
So you weren't paying attention in Catechism class because the girls (like the rest of us), but then your 7th birthday came along and you got a GI Joe and Pez Dispenser, and model airplane ...w/glue.
I mean, even after studying some history which made religion a central aspect of life and driving force in society and the politics of the day, you never wondered what it was all about? What mysteries might lay beneath the veneer? That seems almost impossibly uninquisitive.
.See, like, some might ask what is this Virgin material, or proto-matter, and what primordial impulse does the Spirit represent say for example in modern physics, or
. is it purely metaphysics and out of the reach of mundane science.

...and then, of course, well
how can one know it?

I like tits too, Raggs. Just adore them, but I still have time to look into other things.
Oh, just a last point before leaving the subject - I chose the Trinity and Virgin in harkening back also to previous discussion re: the Trinity, or the idea that it is never mentioned in the Bible (or invented in the 5 or 6th century) which I have shown that indeed the 3rd aspect is mentioned early on in Genesis. Of course this stuff is thousands upon thousands of years older than the Bible not that the dead letter literalist conservatives will acknowledge that, and not that I care if they do. They are free to go on believing in the bearded angry creator barking orders from the clouds if they so choose.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

one is known as the Spirit, and it moved on the face of the waters (the Sea/Mar/Mari, or Mary)
aka the Virgin. You know the rest of the story. This is basic stuff to anyone who actually has, rather than like you simply claims to have studied the subject. No wonder you think it's fairy tales, which btw are also loaded with greater meaning, since all you know is the outer layer which was intended to entertain the common folk while concealing the inner meaning. I though perhaps you were a step beyond the board's bible beaters, but alas.......

...and that's the little you get, go make a study of the rest if you aren't too lazy.

This is theology, Holliday (Reggie explains as if to a slightly retarded children), and as you say, basic stuff for a weekend catechism class for young children at your local church. Earlier in this thread, I was explaining the history of how the doctrine of the Trinity was incorporated into the early Christian Church, and how the early Christian Emperors of Byzantium molded christian doctrine to fit the demographic realties of the population they were in control of, namely the soldiers of their legions, who believed that Mithras was born in a stable to a virgin mother and he was lain in a manger and three wise men came from the east to adore him.

... and I never paid much attention during catechism because I had raging hormones and the girls were all sprouting tits.
I read what you wrote, Raggz, and you said that the question I asked was somehow incomprehensible, but as you see...It was quite nicely formulated.
...and, yes I know your interest lay in the most pedestrian realm and not more inspired pursuits.

PS: I'd previously informed the class of the rest you mention, but thanks anyway.

Nicely formulated if you're on mescaline, I suppose, but then you are one who's inspired pursuit is outsmarting a fish with overly expensive antique equipment, so forgive me for not seeing much of merit in your drug-induced postulations.
So you weren't paying attention in Catechism class because the girls (like the rest of us), but then your 7th birthday came along and you got a GI Joe and Pez Dispenser, and model airplane ...w/glue.
I mean, even after studying some history which made religion a central aspect of life and driving force in society and the politics of the day, you never wondered what it was all about? What mysteries might lay beneath the veneer? That seems almost impossibly uninquisitive.
.See, like, some might ask what is this Virgin material, or proto-matter, and what primordial impulse does the Spirit represent say for example in modern physics, or

how can one know it?

I like tits too, Raggs. Just adore them, but I still have time to look into other things.
Oh, just a last point before leaving the subject - I chose the Trinity and Virgin in harkening back also to previous discussion re: the Trinity, or the idea that it is never mentioned in the Bible (or invented in the 5 or 6th century) which I have shown that indeed the 3rd aspect is mentioned early on in Genesis. Of course this stuff is thousands upon thousands of years older than the Bible not that the dead letter literalist conservatives will acknowledge that, and not that I care if they do. They are free to go on believing in the bearded angry creator barking orders from the clouds if they so choose.

They're born to worship Leviticus. Easy for morons. Just do this and don't do this and it's all good, the pearly gates await me.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

They're born to worship Leviticus. Easy for morons. Just do this and don't do this and it's all good, the pearly gates await me.
Yeah if I'm honest the bible is nonsense, I think it was first used to keep people in line because in those days fearing god waas a real thing... That's not to say there isn't a great creator BUT who made the great creator? It's absolutely mind boggling... WTF is the universe? how did it start? When you think about it there can't be nothing because nothing is still something fs! :Confused4:

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

Yeah if I'm honest the bible is nonsense, I think it was first used to keep people in line because in those days fearing god waas a real thing... That's not to say there isn't a great creator BUT who made the great creator? It's absolutely mind boggling... WTF is the universe? how did it start? When you think about it there can't be nothing because nothing is still something fs! :Confused4:

I think humans, because of our ego, have a hard time accepting that when we're gone, we're gone. But we're not, our body decomposes and breaks down into the elements. We're made of the same stuff stars, the moon and other planets are made of...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

I think humans, because of our ego, have a hard time accepting that when we're gone, we're gone. But we're not, our body decomposes and breaks down into the elements. We're made of the same stuff stars, the moon and other planets are made of...
Exactly, our body will be there forever... I think death is exactly like a deep sleep if you know what I mean?

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

Exactly, our body will be there forever... I think death is exactly like a deep sleep if you know what I mean?

Well, I mean it a little differently. But yeah, it's not the scariest thing. I think how you go might be scary for some, disease, horrible accident, etc...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

Well, I mean it a little differently. But yeah, it's not the scariest thing. I think how you go might be scary for some, disease, horrible accident, etc...
Did you watch the gore video I posted of a Russian getting stabbed to death? He was screaming then he just stopped, that's a brutal way to go...

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

Did you watch the gore video I posted of a Russian getting stabbed to death? He was screaming then he just stopped, that's a brutal way to go...

No, I didn't. I don't enjoy gore. It's others' pain and I can't watch it for my entertainment.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Oh, so you study the history of the thing but not the thing itself. Okay, I get it.
..anyway, the subject is one of history plainly enough in some sense, but that's okay. Never mind then.

Maybe you're willing to tolerate the sight of Reggie getting unhorsed without rating his dismount, but I for one am not.

Anyone who claims an ability to study the history of Europe and the middle east without getting ass deep into theology, probably couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the sole of it.

Better summon a couple of stable boys to help @Reggie_Essent get back on his feet. He's encumbered by armor, and sitting in a pile of horse manure.

Pffft! Your meat shielding is pathetic.

Tell me, Levon, does this garbled and confused question make any sense to you in relation to my earlier expounding upon the development of the concept of the Trinity in the late Roman Empire?:

"... the Trinity (a part of the way back) but how it interacted with the Virgin in the creation of the material universe/nature (the myth of the virgin birth)."

I don't know how the "Virgin" interacted in the creation of the material universe/nature vis a vis the development of the concept of the Trinity in the 4th and 5th centuries. Do you?

I suspect Holliday was dipping into the cooking brandy again when he made that poast, but perhaps a world class Theologian like you could answer him.

Start a thread about it. If I find it interesting, I might weigh in.

I came back into the thread on page 5, after an earlier comment and skipping a few pages. My comment was specifically about your assertion that you had studied history but not theology. It's clear from your later comments since then that you have indeed studied theology, to the degree that church doctrine is a rudimentary attempt at theology. And of course, some of your comments do address church history as I understand it, in all its crapitude. And I probably agree with some of your statements about that.

As for meat shielding, I do sort of get the general nature of what Holliday is propounding, but he's talking about metaphysics and not really theology as we mostly use the term (because none of us seem to have studied philosophy very hard.) I'm not in the thread to support HIS stuff either, because frankly he drinks a bit sometimes, as most of us are wont to do, and I regard his metaphysics as harmless enough.

I wll just caution everybody that the Bible (the canon bible, the sacred 66, as well as a lot of other writings that have been lost to us and/or excluded from the canon) are loaded with symbolic language that should not really be taken literally, as well as literal language that should perhaps be taken symbolically, and that it takes either a fuck ton of discernment to sort such things out, or some dumb luck, or maybe some REALLY DEEP LIFETIMES of study. Bottom line, a lot of stuff in there is not really saying what it SAYS it is saying.

People who don't get that have literally been killing each other over it for millennia. And this forum is probably not a venue that I care to utilize for arguing about it.

Thanks for reiterating that Holliday gibbers like a semi-retarded moron when he dips into the cooking sherry.

:ThumbsUp1:

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

No, I didn't. I don't enjoy gore. It's others' pain and I can't watch it for my entertainment.
It's not enjoyable, humans are super curious there's been studies done to why we watch things that are upsetting, curiosity is an instinct so it's normal for us to watch that shit... I'll never forget something I watched while drunk and "Brave"... I've seen hundreds maybe thousands of gore videos but always blanked any animal vids on the Ync but I chose to watch a little dog doused in petrol then set on fire in Israel... I'll never forget that, I was so angry afterwards I started throwing shit at the wall, my PC was lucky I nearly done it... Kinda scarred for life...

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Oh, so you study the history of the thing but not the thing itself. Okay, I get it.
..anyway, the subject is one of history plainly enough in some sense, but that's okay. Never mind then.

Maybe you're willing to tolerate the sight of Reggie getting unhorsed without rating his dismount, but I for one am not.

Anyone who claims an ability to study the history of Europe and the middle east without getting ass deep into theology, probably couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the sole of it.

Better summon a couple of stable boys to help @Reggie_Essent get back on his feet. He's encumbered by armor, and sitting in a pile of horse manure.

Tell me, Levon, does this garbled and confused question make any sense to you in relation to my earlier expounding upon the development of the concept of the Trinity in the late Roman Empire?:

"... the Trinity (a part of the way back) but how it interacted with the Virgin in the creation of the material universe/nature (the myth of the virgin birth)."

I don't know how the "Virgin" interacted in the creation of the material universe/nature vis a vis the development of the concept of the Trinity in the 4th and 5th centuries. Do you?

I suspect Holliday was dipping into the cooking brandy again when he made that poast, but perhaps a world class Theologian like you could answer him.

I came back into the thread on page 5, after an earlier comment and skipping a few pages. My comment was specifically about your assertion that you had studied history but not theology. It's clear from your later comments since then that you have indeed studied theology, to the degree that church doctrine is a rudimentary attempt at theology. And of course, some of your comments do address church history as I understand it, in all its crapitude. And I probably agree with some of your statements about that.

As for meat shielding, I do sort of get the general nature of what Holliday is propounding, but he's talking about metaphysics and not really theology as we mostly use the term (because none of us seem to have studied philosophy very hard.) I'm not in the thread to support HIS stuff either, because frankly he drinks a bit sometimes, as most of us are wont to do, and I regard his metaphysics as harmless enough.

I wll just caution everybody that the Bible (the canon bible, the sacred 66, as well as a lot of other writings that have been lost to us and/or excluded from the canon) are loaded with symbolic language that should not really be taken literally, as well as literal language that should perhaps be taken symbolically, and that it takes either a fuck ton of discernment to sort such things out, or some dumb luck, or maybe some REALLY DEEP LIFETIMES of study. Bottom line, a lot of stuff in there is not really saying what it SAYS it is saying.

People who don't get that have literally been killing each other over it for millennia. And this forum is probably not a venue that I care to utilize for arguing about it.

Thanks for reiterating that Holliday gibbers like a semi-retarded moron when he dips into the cooking sherry.

LoLz, Raggz - there was nothing gibbery about it. I simply mistook you for someone (based on what you had writ) who might actually know something. I admitted the error. Anyone who was familiar with the subject of the Trinity and the Mystery of the Virgin Birth (or the Self-Born - all of which goes back to long ages before the Greco-Roman Mithras cult) would have know immediately to what I referred. You didn't. Okay, fine. That's all. :Happy5:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

how can one know it?

Death is no different than going under for a surgery. Complete and total unconscience

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

how can one know it?

Death is no different than going under for a surgery. Complete and total unconscience
You remember that?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

how can one know it?

You remember that?
:facepalm:

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

how can one know it?

You remember that?
:facepalm:
Well, how do you know? Do you recall what happened before you were born?

Ah well, That's another mystery - that of the Resurrection, and as I say'd I am leaving the subject so no further shall I go on it. No more will I say.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

LoLz, Raggz - there was nothing gibbery about it. I simply mistook you for someone (based on what you had writ) who might actually know something. I admitted the error. Anyone who was familiar with the subject of the Trinity and the Mystery of the Virgin Birth (or the Self-Born - all of which goes back to long ages before the Greco-Roman Mithras cult) would have know immediately to what I referred. You didn't. Okay, fine. That's all. :Happy5:

No, you were fucking drunk, dude, and and babbling like a tripped out hippie chick.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

No, you were fucking drunk, dude, and and babbling like a tripped out hippie chick.
Was not.
I asked you, or suggested you might, go on and tell your audience about the connection between the Trinity, which you wrongly claimed was a 5th century invention, and the Virgin birth which apparently you had traced part way back to the Mithras cult. As I say'd, you wouldn't have been all mystified if you actually had any idea what you were talking about.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Was not.
I asked you, or suggested you might, go on and tell your audience about the connection between the Trinity, which you wrongly claimed was a 5th century invention, and the Virgin birth which apparently you had traced part way back to the Mithras cult. As I say'd, you wouldn't have been all mystified if you actually had any idea what you were talking about.

No, since you were drunk, you don't recall that I suggested the doctrine of the Trinity was incorporated into Christian dogma in the 4th through the 5th centuries, starting with the Emperor Constantine in the 330s. I used the Nativity story as an example of how the early Christian church "borrowed" rituals and dogma points from other traditions according to the geopolitical needs of the Emperors. The "virgin birth" was also part of the Mithraism Cult, and thus was included in the stolen nativity story and early Christian dogma.

The mumbo-jumbo metaphysics of the Mary Cult and all of its borrowings from older goddess traditions fall beyond the scope of my clearly elucidated historical points and my interest.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Can we keep it jovial lads... Or...
DLCVbcQ.png
:Happy5:

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
No, since you were drunk, you don't recall
Good Lord! You are not even a site supporter and you talk to me this way?
. It's an OUTRAGE!

I recall exactly what you say'd, and I clearly showed you that the 3rd aspect of the Trinity, the Spirit, was in fact introduced in the earliest going of Genesis, and then its interaction with the waters (the Virgin, and the Virgin Birth) in the initial act of creation, without which the world, these internetz and this discussion could not, would not, exist.

...but that's all. I've explained it to you. Make all the excuses you like for your failure.

Last edited:

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Abzu, the waters from whence all came.
.... but Genesis is still older.

Saw The Bobo today. Oh man, that Britt Ekland.
Such a shame what she did to herself with the surgery.

No, it is not. Much of Genesis is lifted, directly, from far more ancient Sumerian texts. We know this because we have the ancient Sumerian texts. Don't make me get up to crack an old book, asshole!

And what happened to Britt Eklund? Wasn't she hot once?

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Abzu, the waters from whence all came.
.... but Genesis is still older.

Saw The Bobo today. Oh man, that Britt Ekland.
Such a shame what she did to herself with the surgery.

No, it is not. Much of Genesis is lifted, directly, from far more ancient Sumerian texts. We know this because we have the ancient Sumerian texts. Don't make me get up to crack an old book, asshole!

And what happened to Britt Eklund? Wasn't she hot once?
Hot? She was an angel.

0_Bond.jpg
p08b9jn0.jpg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

PS: Abzu probably about maybe 1100 bce
Genesis maybe about 1400. Not that it matters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

It's not enjoyable, humans are super curious there's been studies done to why we watch things that are upsetting, curiosity is an instinct so it's normal for us to watch that shit... I'll never forget something I watched while drunk and "Brave"... I've seen hundreds maybe thousands of gore videos but always blanked any animal vids on the Ync but I chose to watch a little dog doused in petrol then set on fire in Israel... I'll never forget that, I was so angry afterwards I started throwing shit at the wall, my PC was lucky I nearly done it... Kinda scarred for life...

I'm not one to look at gore if I can avoid it. I don't even look at major car accidents on the road to see the aftermath. I keep my head straight and on the road.

There are some things I just don't want to see. Gore is at the top of the list.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

I'm not one to look at gore if I can avoid it. I don't even look at major car accidents on the road to see the aftermath. I keep my head straight and on the road.

Better off really, some shit I've seen will never leave me... :Whaa?:

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

how can one know it?

Better off really, some shit I've seen will never leave me... :Whaa?:

That sucks. Did you stop watching it?