On religion

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Some might say that believing in the Bible makes you a Christian, but reading the whole damn thing AND understanding it makes you an Atheist.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Some might say that believing in the Bible makes you a Christian, but reading the whole damn thing AND understanding it makes you an Atheist.

I've read the whole thing and worked hard to understand it and it made me much less an atheist.

How on earth could anyone read it, understand it, and having it make them be atheist?

Most atheists I've encountered claim theyve read the bible front to back several times. But then they claim things about it that are absurd. Like saying the Adam and Eve story is impossible because they only had three sons. Stuff like that that makes it very obvious theyve never read it at all and do not understand it at all. They spit out cherry picked verses and assign meanings to them that are just not at all what its saying.

And if you correct them they claim you are "explaining it away".

And their view on who and what God is is VERY off and superficial.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I've read the whole thing and worked hard to understand it and it made me much less an atheist.

How on earth could anyone read it, understand it, and having it make them be atheist?

Most atheists I've encountered claim theyve read the bible front to back several times. But then they claim things about it that are absurd. Like saying the Adam and Eve story is impossible because they only had three sons. Stuff like that that makes it very obvious theyve never read it at all and do not understand it at all. They spit out cherry picked verses and assign meanings to them that are just not at all what its saying.

I tried to read through it but I got bored & dozed off @Dove y. Subsequently I did not find God & religion didn't find me.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I tried to read through it but I got bored & dozed off @Dove y. Subsequently I did not find God & religion didn't find me.

Well it matters what translation you start with. Probably the easiest one to follow if you are a Bible newb is the Life Recovery Bible.

Real study of scripture is tedious sometimes and you do really need to understand HOW to read it. It's an ancient text written through the lense of that ancient culture. It's still very relevant....but it can take some work to really dig in and understand all its layers and meanings.

Its several books written by several authors over a period of thousands of years. Hermeneutics are essential. Like Jesus said, seek and you'll find. Knock and it will he opened.

It's so worth it. Start with just one book. Read it and learn everything about it. It's fun and interesting. My favorite OT books are books of the prophets....Isaiah and Hosea. They both prophesy of Christ. (Most of the OT does lol)

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Well it matters what translation you start with. Probably the easiest one to follow if you are a Bible newb is the Life Recovery Bible.

Real study of scripture is tedious sometimes and you do really need to understand HOW to read it. It's an ancient text written through the lense of that ancient culture. It's still very relevant....but it can take some work to really dig in and understand all its layers and meanings.

Its several books written by several authors over a period of thousands of years. Hermeneutics are essential. Like Jesus said, seek and you'll find. Knock and it will he opened.

It's so worth it. Start with just one book. Read it and learn everything about it. It's fun and interesting. My favorite OT books are books of the prophets....Isaiah and Hosea. They both prophesy of Christ. (Most of the OT does lol)

I thought the most relevant story in the Bible was Noahs Ark cuz it's about preparing for a rainy day.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Liar @Joe cannot make it through a 50 word post.

You think he can will make it through The Bible?

Hahahaha!!!!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Hahahaha!!!!

Somebody report this.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I thought the most relevant story in the Bible was Noahs Ark cuz it's about preparing for a rainy day.

Oh no it's all relevant.

And yeah I believe a flood occurred. And also the Noah's arc is typology as well for Christ. As was the Arc of the Covenant.

I get it. I grew up in a Pentecostal kind of house....pretty dysfunctional but not horribly. I used to try to read my grandmother bible. I really wanted to believe in God but I just didnt. And....she had one of those King James versions and it was split with the Living word one.....so on one side you had King James and the other side was a much simpler ESV sort of translation. I couldnt get into reading it at all.

I had a huge 180, very drastic change later in life and I just had fire lit in me and I wanted to know what it was saying.

I think God has to give you that hunger for the knowledge of His word.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Hahahaha!!!!

LOL.

I got bored.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh no it's all relevant.

And yeah I believe a flood occurred. And also the Noah's arc is typology as well for Christ. As was the Arc of the Covenant.

I get it. I grew up in a Pentecostal kind of house....pretty dysfunctional but not horribly. I used to try to read my grandmother bible. I really wanted to believe in God but I just didnt. And....she had one of those King James versions and it was split with the Living word one.....so on one side you had King James and the other side was a much simpler ESV sort of translation. I couldnt get into reading it at all.

I had a huge 180, very drastic change later in life and I just had fire lit in me and I wanted to know what it was saying.

Noahs Ark like a parable for catstrophic events like the invasion of Ukraine.

Everything s fine until something unexpected comes along & demolishes it.

So moral of the story is...if yer prepared you can weather the storm.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Oh no it's all relevant.

Noahs Ark like a parable for catstrophic events like the invasion of Ukraine.

Everything s fine until something unexpected comes along & demolishes it.

So moral of the story is...if yer prepared you can weather the storm.

Nooooo....I mean sorta....but it's much deeper than just "be prepared".

The flood was the destruction of all life on earth aside from who God chose. The ark is a symbol of Christ. (And something that happened)

And Jordan Peterson actually had some really good insight on this topic.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
.Reading it, as many xtians here claim they have, does not make them, or anyone a Christian, which is a far more arduous process - and one I quite assure you none here have undertaken. It is a path for a select few, and select(ed) is the operative word there. None here are Christians.
. Understandable that one upon reading it (the Bible) may say WTF! given how it was assembled - by the beast Constantine and his henchmen at Nicea (325 CE). Some of the writing is fine and representative, but it is what was included (with the deletions and modifications) and excluded that would lead any impartial reader to think it (the frankenstein religion - the BIG Tent bullshit and its bastard children, protestantism) was bunkus. Even at 5 or 6 years of age I was repulsed by the way it was taught to me, yet had a sense that there was underlying truth. So upon further investigation I understood and rejected the superficial (exoteric) nonsense about a young virgin who bore a son who was god, and he ministered, and pissed off the wrong people and died by crucifixion for our sins, then rose from the dead 3 days later (more Equinoctial Christology) etc etc. However there is some symbolism there, part of which I have previously explained as an illustration of the language of those early writers. Of course, our resident xtians will believe all the fairy tales, that god actually cares about you personally, or is even aware that you exist, and the saints cry when you masturbate etc etc.
.OH! and here is your one chance to get it right or spend eternity in Hell, blah blah. One can laugh or grimace at the absurdity depending upon disposition.

. Yet, as Fox Mulder correctly noted - The Truth is out there.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It's always impressive how smug anti theist leftists are in their complete and total ignorance of the beliefs of others.

And how these same people have the audacity to whine about other people "misrepresenting" their beliefs.

So remember folks.....you are everything a lefwad says you are. Your beliefs are what they tell you they are. But you better be fucking humble and work extra hard to understand their stupid stances or else YOU are a closed minded bigot.

Yep. That's how it is with these psychotic morons.

This is why they only have convos within their own groups. They need to always feel smart and enlightened and if they actually started civil discoursing with other people, they would be forced to realize they are not nearly as wise or worldly or informed as they want to believe they are. They need echo chambers and reinforcement and cannot cope with genuine challange.

They need to get mean, hateful and nasty to sheild their egos.

H can feel like he really showed US dummies eith that elitest misinformed rant. But since he wont interact honestly with others.....he can avoid being corrected and just keep pretending he is really doing something besides looking ignorant and pathetic.

These have got to be the most narrow minded and sanctimonious people in the country......and they see themselves as "open minded".

Last edited:

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
.Reading it, as many xtians here claim they have, does not make them, or anyone a Christian, which is a far more arduous process - and one I quite assure you none here have undertaken. It is a path for a select few, and select(ed) is the operative word there. None here are Christians.
. Understandable that one upon reading it (the Bible) may say WTF! given how it was assembled - by the beast Constantine and his henchmen at Nicea (325 CE). Some of the writing is fine and representative, but it is what was included (with the deletions and modifications) and excluded that would lead any impartial reader to think it (the frankenstein religion - the BIG Tent bullshit and its bastard children, protestantism) was bunkus. Even at 5 or 6 years of age I was repulsed by the way it was taught to me, yet had a sense that there was underlying truth. So upon further investigation I understood and rejected the superficial (exoteric) nonsense about a young virgin who bore a son who was god, and he ministered, and pissed off the wrong people and died by crucifixion for our sins, then rose from the dead 3 days later (more Equinoctial Christology) etc etc. However there is some symbolism there, part of which I have previously explained as an illustration of the language of those early writers. Of course, our resident xtians will believe all the fairy tales, that god actually cares about you personally, or is even aware that you exist, and the saints cry when you masturbate etc etc.
.OH! and here is your one chance to get it right or spend eternity in Hell, blah blah. One can laugh or grimace at the absurdity depending upon disposition.

Holy Shit! I didn't know you were so imbued with the Doctrine.

Poor Holliday.

At least you understand the construct that was made of Christianity after Constantine decided to use it as a tool to cement together what was left of Romanitas after the disaster of Diocletian and the Tetrarchy. But it worked, and the polity that Constantine saved from the embers of dying Rome lasted for another eleven centuries until finally being snuffed out by the muslims in 1453.

Fucking muslims! They're worse than Registered Democrats. They ruin everything.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Poor Holliday.

At least you understand the construct that was made of Christianity after Constantine decided to use it as a tool to cement together what was left of Romanitas after the disaster of Diocletian and the Tetrarchy. But it worked, and the polity that Constantine saved from the embers of dying Rome lasted for another eleven centuries until finally being snuffed out by the muslims in 1453.

Constantine is always associated with Roman Catholism but he was more the Orthodoxy guy. Like the Byzantines.....right?

I'm not Catholic or Orthodox so my knowledge on the history of those churches is limited. I do know the Muslims attacked them and turned the Hagia Sophia into a mosque.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Poor Holliday.

Constantine is always associated with Roman Catholism but he was more the Orthodoxy guy. Like the Byzantines.....right?

I'm not Catholic or Orthodox so my knowledge on the history of those churches is limited. I do know the Muslims attacked them and turned the Hagia Sophia into a mosque.

Constantine was the first Roman Emperor to adopt Christianity in the 330s AD. There wasn't much left of Rome at the time and within 100 years of his reign The classical Roman Empire was destroyed by the evil white supremacist Germans. Gaul was lost and became France as the evil white German Franks moved in. Britannia was lost and became England as the evil white Angles, Saxons and Jutes moved in. Hispania was lost as the evil white Visisgoths moved in. North Africa was lost as the evil white Vandals moved in.

Italia and Rome itself was lost when the evil white Lombards (Long Beards) moved in and deposed the very last Roman Emperor of the West in 476 AD.

But because Constantine used Christianity as a socially-unifying tool, he was able to establish a renewed political instrumentality that lived on until 1453, when the evil muslim subhumans finally destroyed the last little bit of ancient Rome.

Last edited: