Religion, spirituality, consciouness

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
LoLz, Raggs - The Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters

I should really leave you to ponder that, but here...
.There are 3 aspects of God aka the Trinity (far older than the Bible),
one is known as the Spirit, and it moved on the face of the waters (the Sea/Mar/Mari, or Mary)
aka the Virgin. You know the rest of the story. This is basic stuff to anyone who actually has, rather than like you simply claims to have studied the subject. No wonder you think it's fairy tales, which btw are also loaded with greater meaning, since all you know is the outer layer which was intended to entertain the common folk while concealing the inner meaning. I though perhaps you were a step beyond the board's bible beaters, but alas.......

...and that's the little you get, go make a study of the rest if you aren't too lazy.
What is the Virgin and what the Spirit?

Once again Holliday displays his stupid.

This is theology, Holliday (Reggie explains as if to a slightly retarded children), and as you say, basic stuff for a weekend catechism class for young children at your local church. Earlier in this thread, I was explaining the history of how the doctrine of the Trinity was incorporated into the early Christian Church, and how the early Christian Emperors of Byzantium molded christian doctrine to fit the demographic realties of the population they were in control of, namely the soldiers of their legions, who believed that Mithras was born in a stable to a virgin mother and he was lain in a manger and three wise men came from the east to adore him.

... and I never paid much attention during catechism because I had raging hormones and the girls were all sprouting tits.
I read what you wrote, Raggz, and you said that the question I asked was somehow incomprehensible, but as you see...It was quite nicely formulated.
...and, yes I know your interest lay in the most pedestrian realm and not more inspired pursuits.

PS: I'd previously informed the class of the rest you mention, but thanks anyway.

Nicely formulated if you're on mescaline, I suppose, but then you are one who's inspired pursuit is outsmarting a fish with overly expensive antique equipment, so forgive me for not seeing much of merit in your drug-induced postulations.
So you weren't paying attention in Catechism class because the girls (like the rest of us), but then your 7th birthday came along and you got a GI Joe and Pez Dispenser, and model airplane ...w/glue.
I mean, even after studying some history which made religion a central aspect of life and driving force in society and the politics of the day, you never wondered what it was all about? What mysteries might lay beneath the veneer? That seems almost impossibly uninquisitive.
.See, like, some might ask what is this Virgin material, or proto-matter, and what primordial impulse does the Spirit represent say for example in modern physics, or
. is it purely metaphysics and out of the reach of mundane science.

...and then, of course, well
how can one know it?

I like tits too, Raggs. Just adore them, but I still have time to look into other things.
Oh, just a last point before leaving the subject - I chose the Trinity and Virgin in harkening back also to previous discussion re: the Trinity, or the idea that it is never mentioned in the Bible (or invented in the 5 or 6th century) which I have shown that indeed the 3rd aspect is mentioned early on in Genesis. Of course this stuff is thousands upon thousands of years older than the Bible not that the dead letter literalist conservatives will acknowledge that, and not that I care if they do. They are free to go on believing in the bearded angry creator barking orders from the clouds if they so choose.

They're born to worship Leviticus. Easy for morons. Just do this and don't do this and it's all good, the pearly gates await me.
Yeah if I'm honest the bible is nonsense, I think it was first used to keep people in line because in those days fearing god waas a real thing... That's not to say there isn't a great creator BUT who made the great creator? It's absolutely mind boggling... WTF is the universe? how did it start? When you think about it there can't be nothing because nothing is still something fs! :Confused4:

I think humans, because of our ego, have a hard time accepting that when we're gone, we're gone. But we're not, our body decomposes and breaks down into the elements. We're made of the same stuff stars, the moon and other planets are made of...
Exactly, our body will be there forever... I think death is exactly like a deep sleep if you know what I mean?

Well, I mean it a little differently. But yeah, it's not the scariest thing. I think how you go might be scary for some, disease, horrible accident, etc...
Did you watch the gore video I posted of a Russian getting stabbed to death? He was screaming then he just stopped, that's a brutal way to go...

No, I didn't. I don't enjoy gore. It's others' pain and I can't watch it for my entertainment.
It's not enjoyable, humans are super curious there's been studies done to why we watch things that are upsetting, curiosity is an instinct so it's normal for us to watch that shit... I'll never forget something I watched while drunk and "Brave"... I've seen hundreds maybe thousands of gore videos but always blanked any animal vids on the Ync but I chose to watch a little dog doused in petrol then set on fire in Israel... I'll never forget that, I was so angry afterwards I started throwing shit at the wall, my PC was lucky I nearly done it... Kinda scarred for life...

I'm not one to look at gore if I can avoid it. I don't even look at major car accidents on the road to see the aftermath. I keep my head straight and on the road.

There are some things I just don't want to see. Gore is at the top of the list.
Better off really, some shit I've seen will never leave me... :Whaa?:

That sucks. Did you stop watching it?
I'm numb to most of it, gets samey, I still see gore videos here and there but I'm not that interested in it now... We used to go hunting for shit and make compilations for prizes at theYNC, mental when you think of it... I've seen EVERY kind of gore, slaughters fookin all sorts, some are as dark as can be and completely disturbing if you're not used to it... There are complete murderous savages out there...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
LoLz, Raggs - The Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters

I should really leave you to ponder that, but here...
.There are 3 aspects of God aka the Trinity (far older than the Bible),
one is known as the Spirit, and it moved on the face of the waters (the Sea/Mar/Mari, or Mary)
aka the Virgin. You know the rest of the story. This is basic stuff to anyone who actually has, rather than like you simply claims to have studied the subject. No wonder you think it's fairy tales, which btw are also loaded with greater meaning, since all you know is the outer layer which was intended to entertain the common folk while concealing the inner meaning. I though perhaps you were a step beyond the board's bible beaters, but alas.......

...and that's the little you get, go make a study of the rest if you aren't too lazy.
What is the Virgin and what the Spirit?

Once again Holliday displays his stupid.

This is theology, Holliday (Reggie explains as if to a slightly retarded children), and as you say, basic stuff for a weekend catechism class for young children at your local church. Earlier in this thread, I was explaining the history of how the doctrine of the Trinity was incorporated into the early Christian Church, and how the early Christian Emperors of Byzantium molded christian doctrine to fit the demographic realties of the population they were in control of, namely the soldiers of their legions, who believed that Mithras was born in a stable to a virgin mother and he was lain in a manger and three wise men came from the east to adore him.

... and I never paid much attention during catechism because I had raging hormones and the girls were all sprouting tits.
I read what you wrote, Raggz, and you said that the question I asked was somehow incomprehensible, but as you see...It was quite nicely formulated.
...and, yes I know your interest lay in the most pedestrian realm and not more inspired pursuits.

PS: I'd previously informed the class of the rest you mention, but thanks anyway.

Nicely formulated if you're on mescaline, I suppose, but then you are one who's inspired pursuit is outsmarting a fish with overly expensive antique equipment, so forgive me for not seeing much of merit in your drug-induced postulations.
So you weren't paying attention in Catechism class because the girls (like the rest of us), but then your 7th birthday came along and you got a GI Joe and Pez Dispenser, and model airplane ...w/glue.
I mean, even after studying some history which made religion a central aspect of life and driving force in society and the politics of the day, you never wondered what it was all about? What mysteries might lay beneath the veneer? That seems almost impossibly uninquisitive.
.See, like, some might ask what is this Virgin material, or proto-matter, and what primordial impulse does the Spirit represent say for example in modern physics, or
. is it purely metaphysics and out of the reach of mundane science.

...and then, of course, well
how can one know it?

I like tits too, Raggs. Just adore them, but I still have time to look into other things.
Oh, just a last point before leaving the subject - I chose the Trinity and Virgin in harkening back also to previous discussion re: the Trinity, or the idea that it is never mentioned in the Bible (or invented in the 5 or 6th century) which I have shown that indeed the 3rd aspect is mentioned early on in Genesis. Of course this stuff is thousands upon thousands of years older than the Bible not that the dead letter literalist conservatives will acknowledge that, and not that I care if they do. They are free to go on believing in the bearded angry creator barking orders from the clouds if they so choose.

They're born to worship Leviticus. Easy for morons. Just do this and don't do this and it's all good, the pearly gates await me.
Yeah if I'm honest the bible is nonsense, I think it was first used to keep people in line because in those days fearing god waas a real thing... That's not to say there isn't a great creator BUT who made the great creator? It's absolutely mind boggling... WTF is the universe? how did it start? When you think about it there can't be nothing because nothing is still something fs! :Confused4:

I think humans, because of our ego, have a hard time accepting that when we're gone, we're gone. But we're not, our body decomposes and breaks down into the elements. We're made of the same stuff stars, the moon and other planets are made of...
Exactly, our body will be there forever... I think death is exactly like a deep sleep if you know what I mean?

Well, I mean it a little differently. But yeah, it's not the scariest thing. I think how you go might be scary for some, disease, horrible accident, etc...
Did you watch the gore video I posted of a Russian getting stabbed to death? He was screaming then he just stopped, that's a brutal way to go...

No, I didn't. I don't enjoy gore. It's others' pain and I can't watch it for my entertainment.
It's not enjoyable, humans are super curious there's been studies done to why we watch things that are upsetting, curiosity is an instinct so it's normal for us to watch that shit... I'll never forget something I watched while drunk and "Brave"... I've seen hundreds maybe thousands of gore videos but always blanked any animal vids on the Ync but I chose to watch a little dog doused in petrol then set on fire in Israel... I'll never forget that, I was so angry afterwards I started throwing shit at the wall, my PC was lucky I nearly done it... Kinda scarred for life...

I'm not one to look at gore if I can avoid it. I don't even look at major car accidents on the road to see the aftermath. I keep my head straight and on the road.

There are some things I just don't want to see. Gore is at the top of the list.
Better off really, some shit I've seen will never leave me... :Whaa?:

That sucks. Did you stop watching it?
Some murder vids that are not that gore filled can be REALLY disturbing because of the atmosphere and noise... I'll always remember the one where a Russian teen killed a girl, you never seen him killing her but he filmed himself going back to her body and stabbing her face and cutting off her ear... The sounds and the bleak colour of the surroundings and what he was doing it was just bleak as fuck and disturbing...

There's quite a few ex-gorehounds here...

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Abzu, the waters from whence all came.
.... but Genesis is still older.

Saw The Bobo today. Oh man, that Britt Ekland.
Such a shame what she did to herself with the surgery.

No, it is not. Much of Genesis is lifted, directly, from far more ancient Sumerian texts. We know this because we have the ancient Sumerian texts. Don't make me get up to crack an old book, asshole!

And what happened to Britt Eklund? Wasn't she hot once?
Hot? She was an angel.

0_Bond.jpg
p08b9jn0.jpg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

PS: Abzu probably about maybe 1100 bce
Genesis maybe about 1400. Not that it matters.

No. The Enuma Elish is at least 2,000 years older than Abraham himself. In fact, Abram's forebears were just learning how to herd goats when the first litanies to the Abzu were composed on clay tablets -- which still exist -- in Eridu. We know this because when these ancient clay tablets were seized and transferred to the new library of the Assyrian king Assurbinal-something-or-other in the 9th century BC we have the actual receipt of the intake of these ancient documents from that king's library, which claim the ancient tablets are "4,000 years old."

Eridu was the very first city. Google it and then come back and tell me how it might be possible the story of the jew Abraham, who was born in "Ur of the Chaldees," (Ur being a Sumerian city that is at least 1,000 years younger than Eridu) could possibly pre-date the Enuma Elish?

I know you have to google this stuff because your brain functions are severely degraded from all the cooking sherry, but the facts I've cited above are all from my own internal brain recall, which has always been far superior to other humans, but which you can "fact check" to your heart's delight to see if they are right and true.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Don't make me get up to crack an old book,
.So I caused you to get up off your ass. That's all I hoped to accomplish, Raggz.
You can thank me for the exercise. However,
Really no evidence it is older than the stated 1100 BCE. Sorry.

..but like I say, what's important is that you got up out yer comfy chair and stopped thinking about prepubescent girls from catechism class for a moment,..... and gave your attention to scholarly work
....and Britt Ekland

1960s-britt-ekland-beautiful.jpg

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
.So I caused you to get up off your ass. That's all I hoped to accomplish, Raggz.

..but like I say, what's important is that you got up out yer comfy chair and stopped thinking about prepubescent girls from catechism class for a moment,..... and gave your attention to scholarly work
....and Britt Ekland

Classic blow job lips.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

....and Britt Ekland

Classic blow job lips.
.Well, so glad I jogged your memory on all accounts, and just chuckling that you went to such pains proving a point I had originally made. LoLz

. Must be a good movie on.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Too bad the Christians on the board can't speak to the ancient stories that were borrowed by the Jews into the Torah.
Well , as I've repeated before, having a "book" older than the first torah doesnt in and of itself make the torah more or less valid. P.S., the earth is 13.5 billion years old more or less and this squares with the creation account in Genesis.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Oh, so you study the history of the thing but not the thing itself. Okay, I get it.
..anyway, the subject is one of history plainly enough in some sense, but that's okay. Never mind then.

Maybe you're willing to tolerate the sight of Reggie getting unhorsed without rating his dismount, but I for one am not.

Anyone who claims an ability to study the history of Europe and the middle east without getting ass deep into theology, probably couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the sole of it.

Better summon a couple of stable boys to help @Reggie_Essent get back on his feet. He's encumbered by armor, and sitting in a pile of horse manure.

Pffft! Your meat shielding is pathetic.

Tell me, Levon, does this garbled and confused question make any sense to you in relation to my earlier expounding upon the development of the concept of the Trinity in the late Roman Empire?:

"... the Trinity (a part of the way back) but how it interacted with the Virgin in the creation of the material universe/nature (the myth of the virgin birth)."

I don't know how the "Virgin" interacted in the creation of the material universe/nature vis a vis the development of the concept of the Trinity in the 4th and 5th centuries. Do you?

I suspect Holliday was dipping into the cooking brandy again when he made that poast, but perhaps a world class Theologian like you could answer him.

Start a thread about it. If I find it interesting, I might weigh in.

I came back into the thread on page 5, after an earlier comment and skipping a few pages. My comment was specifically about your assertion that you had studied history but not theology. It's clear from your later comments since then that you have indeed studied theology, to the degree that church doctrine is a rudimentary attempt at theology. And of course, some of your comments do address church history as I understand it, in all its crapitude. And I probably agree with some of your statements about that.

As for meat shielding, I do sort of get the general nature of what Holliday is propounding, but he's talking about metaphysics and not really theology as we mostly use the term (because none of us seem to have studied philosophy very hard.) I'm not in the thread to support HIS stuff either, because frankly he drinks a bit sometimes, as most of us are wont to do, and I regard his metaphysics as harmless enough.

I wll just caution everybody that the Bible (the canon bible, the sacred 66, as well as a lot of other writings that have been lost to us and/or excluded from the canon) are loaded with symbolic language that should not really be taken literally, as well as literal language that should perhaps be taken symbolically, and that it takes either a fuck ton of discernment to sort such things out, or some dumb luck, or maybe some REALLY DEEP LIFETIMES of study. Bottom line, a lot of stuff in there is not really saying what it SAYS it is saying.

People who don't get that have literally been killing each other over it for millennia. And this forum is probably not a venue that I care to utilize for arguing about it.

Thanks for reiterating that Holliday gibbers like a semi-retarded moron when he dips into the cooking sherry.

:ThumbsUp1:
Call off your old tired excresence, mang. I didn't say that, and it's beneath you to bother with such piffle in a weighty conversation.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Too bad the Christians on the board can't speak to the ancient stories that were borrowed by the Jews into the Torah.
Well , as I've repeated before, having a "book" older than the first torah doesnt in and of itself make the torah more or less valid. P.S., the earth is 13.5 billion years old more or less and this squares with the creation account in Genesis.

Where in Genesis does it say that Earth is 13.5 billion years old?

Chapter and verse please.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The video above you reply explains it.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's not in Genesis. Period.

I'm not watching some kooks on youtube.

Most scientists date the Earth to about 5 billion years.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I think I have the idea of what he means but he has things a bit messed up.
13.5 is the estimated age of the Universe (Earth about 4.5), and maybe he's meaning that he doesn't think the Earth was created in six literal days, like his fellow literalists, but the creation myth was expressing evolutionary epochs as science believes they happened.

...you know, but everyone knows that the Earth is only 6000 years old. A recent survey shows that about 40% of Americans believe that, which is up from 33% of years before. That is the direction this country is headed. I'll say no more since we are on Gen Dis.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

13.5 is the estimated age of the Universe (Earth about 4.5), and maybe he's meaning that he doesn't think the Earth was created in six literal days, like his fellow literalists, but the creation myth was expressing evolutionary epochs as science believes they happened.

...you know, but everyone knows that the Earth is only 6000 years old. A recent survey shows that about 40% of Americans believe that, which is up from 33% of years before. That is the direction this country is headed. I'll say no more since we are on Gen Dis.

I was just saying tonight that Americans are getting dumber.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm not watching some kooks on youtube.

Most scientists date the Earth to about 5 billion years.
Ok.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

I was just saying tonight that Americans are getting dumber.

...and look how many are all over this Alien stuff.
It's just another version of stupid.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

As a kid, I used to watch Nova on PBS quite a bit. One particular episode was on the relationship between time and speed. They discussed things like red and blue shift depending on your perspective of the object moving toward or away from you. This relates to how time appears from looking backwards rather than forward.

I realized when I watched the 2 shorter videos that I got his dates wrong. He says about 15 billion, not 13.5 billion.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A
As a kid, I used to watch Nova on PBS quite a bit
You know you're going to Hell for that.
That was way before they started promoting climate change hoaxology and gender science. At any rate, Schroeder quotes peer reviewed science several times so its hardly kookish. Science and the Bible dont disagree on the age of the universe or the creation of life. Science has in fact caught up with the narrative of Genesis.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
A
That was way before they started promoting climate change hoaxology and gender science. At any rate, Schroeder quotes peer reviewed science several times so its hardly kookish. Science and the Bible dont disagree on the age of the universe or the creation of life. Science has in fact caught up with the narrative of Genesis.
Two books I read at about their time of publication are Mysticism and the New Physics, and The Tao of Physics. The one copyrighted 1980 the other 1977. So that correlation is hardly new. And you could go back to the 20's, a century ago, to Besant and Leadbeater's Occult Chemistry. Modern Science is filling in some of the gross material facts of nature, but it's tools are too coarse to ever catch up (not to "the Bible") but to Occult Science (which produced much of the knowledge encoded in the Bible including the illustration I gave earlier) the tools of which are far more subtle and penetrating and vastly older - much more so than anything that will be discussed here.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A
Two books I read at about their time of publication are Mysticism and the New Physics, and The Tao of Physics. The one copyrighted 1980 the other 1977. So that correlation is hardly new. And you could go back to the 20's, a century ago, to Besant and Leadbeater's Occult Chemistry. Modern Science is filling in some of the gross material facts of nature, but it's tools are too coarse to ever catch up (not to "the Bible") but to Occult Science (which produced much of the knowledge encoded in the Bible including the illustration I gave earlier) the tools of which are far more subtle and penetrating and vastly older - much more so than anything that will be discussed here.
Its a shame to me that there is such animosity between some Bible believers and science. Much of it spawns from lack of understanding on both sides. Anyone who's even casually read Genesis 1 can see that there's a different perspective of the creation account than there is for history post Adam.

My dad went to a catholic school where he was taught 6 literal days of creation and a public school for at least 2 years of high school where science taught that the universe has no beginning or end. Its easy to say both were wrong now but neither side will acknowledge it.

My sister in law's husband was a young earth believer and his entire faith was ground up by being forced to accept that the earth is 13 to 15 billion years old. Hopefully, he will get to a point where he can accept that this scientific fact isnt incomparable with the Bible.

While I havent seen these fossils first hand, there are apparently many that bring into question the idea that man and some dinosaurs didnt co-exist. I'm not concerned one way or the other from a faith standpoint.

BeckyNix

Emotionally dead, but gives great head ;)
God did not save my mother and brother that fateful night. They went to church every week since I was little.
My father is also a devout christian who has remarried since, but lost faith too.
Nobody grew up in a stricter household here than me, I'm sure.
The church has actually ripped apart my family and now I just live everyday like there's no tomorrow.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
God did not save my mother and brother that fateful night. They went to church every week since I was little.
My father is also a devout christian who has remarried since, but lost faith too.
Nobody grew up in a stricter household here than me, I'm sure.
The church has actually ripped apart my family and now I just live everyday like there's no tomorrow.
Jesus luvs yoo